Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama state lawmaker Vivian Davis Figures’ house is shot 23 times in early morning
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Alabama state lawmaker Vivian Davis Figures’ house is shot 23 times in early morning
Alabama state lawmaker Vivian Davis Figures’ house is shot 23 times in early morning attack

Quote:Police in Mobile, Alabama, are searching for someone who shot up the house of Alabama state Senator Vivian Davis Figures.

Law enforcement, speaking with Fox10 News, said that the lawmaker's house was shot at 23 times. There were no injuries, as no one was home at the time of the incident.

Ms Figures' neighbors reported hearing at least five or six shots around 5am on Wednesday morning.

“At five o’clock that morning, I heard shots ring out and I laid there for a few seconds but I didn’t know whether if I jumped up quick, that a bullet or something may come through the window. I looked out of all the windows to see if I could see anybody walking around or driving but I didn’t see nothing. Just heard the shots,” one of Figures’ neighbours told Fox10 News.

The neighbour said Ms Figures' is a "good neighbour" and said the whole thing was "terrifying."
Mobile police spokesman Lt. Christopher Levy said the incident did not appear to be "random" but said it was too early in the investigation to determine if the shooter was motivated by politics.

Ms Figures is a Democrat.

Earlier this year, she introduced legislation aimed at separating the days celebrating Martin Luther King Jr Day and Confederate general Robert E Lee.

“Martin Luther King, Jr and Robert E. Lee were two men with totally different agendas, beliefs and goals,” Ms Figures told AL.com in an email “To separate them as individual holidays is the right thing to do.”

Her bill would move Robert E Lee's celebration day to the same day as Columbus Day to avoid having to create a new state holiday.

Can only assume it is political in nature. Domestic terrorism.
07-03-2021 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Alabama state lawmaker Vivian Davis Figures’ house is shot 23 times in early morning
Jussie Smollet
07-03-2021 12:19 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
RE: Alabama state lawmaker Vivian Davis Figures’ house is shot 23 times in early morning
While it might be political in nature...
She or someone in her family could be involved in a domestic issue, some other illegal activity, or it could be a mistaken address...
07-03-2021 12:26 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Last time this happened to a democrat, its because they didnt pay up for their drugs.
07-03-2021 12:58 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

Probably lives in the hood and was gang shootout.
07-03-2021 01:00 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
either way, they need to find the person/people who did it and toss them in jail for a good long time.
07-03-2021 01:14 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-03-2021 12:05 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Alabama state lawmaker Vivian Davis Figures’ house is shot 23 times in early morning attack

Quote:Police in Mobile, Alabama, are searching for someone who shot up the house of Alabama state Senator Vivian Davis Figures.

Law enforcement, speaking with Fox10 News, said that the lawmaker's house was shot at 23 times. There were no injuries, as no one was home at the time of the incident.

Ms Figures' neighbors reported hearing at least five or six shots around 5am on Wednesday morning.

“At five o’clock that morning, I heard shots ring out and I laid there for a few seconds but I didn’t know whether if I jumped up quick, that a bullet or something may come through the window. I looked out of all the windows to see if I could see anybody walking around or driving but I didn’t see nothing. Just heard the shots,” one of Figures’ neighbours told Fox10 News.

The neighbour said Ms Figures' is a "good neighbour" and said the whole thing was "terrifying."
Mobile police spokesman Lt. Christopher Levy said the incident did not appear to be "random" but said it was too early in the investigation to determine if the shooter was motivated by politics.

Earlier this year, she introduced legislation aimed at separating the days celebrating Martin Luther King Jr Day and Confederate general Robert E Lee.

“Martin Luther King, Jr and Robert E. Lee were two men with totally different agendas, beliefs and goals,” Ms Figures told AL.com in an email “To separate them as individual holidays is the right thing to do.”

Her bill would move Robert E Lee's celebration day to the same day as Columbus Day to avoid having to create a new state holiday.

You obviously havent spent much time in Mobile
07-03-2021 01:50 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(07-03-2021 12:05 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Alabama state lawmaker Vivian Davis Figures’ house is shot 23 times in early morning attack

You know what they say about assumptions.
07-03-2021 01:56 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(07-03-2021 01:50 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

It was probably that damned leprecheun.

07-03-2021 02:46 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

07-04-2021 07:08 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

Could have a plausible answer...why wasn't she or anyone in the house at 5am?

I'm not ready to assume anything. This isn't something so obviously true like Russian Collusion, Jesse Smollet, Covington Catholic HS Hitler Youth, and a meat market virus. 07-coffee3
07-04-2021 07:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
48 hour rule

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
07-04-2021 09:49 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(07-04-2021 07:31 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Could have a plausible answer...why wasn't she or anyone in the house at 5am?

I'm not ready to assume anything. This isn't something so obviously true like Russian Collusion, Jesse Smollet, Covington Catholic HS Hitler Youth, and a meat market virus. 07-coffee3

This woman plopped into her seat after her husband died. She doesn't have the gravitas to warrant political anything. She does however live in murder death kill shitehole dem city with a thug son.

Now that's the rest of the story.
07-04-2021 09:54 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Some people did something….
07-04-2021 09:58 AM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB
(07-03-2021 01:00 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Probably lives in the hood and was gang shootout.

When in doubt, this is probably what it was about. If true…..
07-04-2021 10:24 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Horrible marksmanship.
07-04-2021 10:53 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-04-2021 10:53 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Horrible marksmanship.

it’s a safe bet there’s a reason nobody was home…

07-04-2021 10:58 AM
Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
She wasn't hit.....Crap!

Sent from my LG-H932 using CSNbbs mobile app
07-04-2021 06:10 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
She owes Jimmy Conway money.
07-04-2021 07:03 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(07-03-2021 01:50 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

^This. It's a dirty violent city.
07-04-2021 08:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.