Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Thousands Of Teachers Who Say They’re Willing To Violate Law
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Thousands Of Teachers Who Say They’re Willing To Violate Law
Quote:Thousands of teachers have pledged to continue teaching based on critical race theory even if state laws ban it — contradicting the claims of those who seek to quell parents’ anger by claiming nothing like that has ever been taught in schools.

The Zinn Education Project, named after the anti-American and factually challenged historian Howard Zinn, has collected signatures from more than 4,200 teachers who “Pledge to Teach the Truth: Despite New State Bills Against It.”

The pledge says:

A recent bill introduced in the Missouri legislature exemplifies a rash of similar bills — in Texas, Idaho, Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Arizona, and North Carolina — that aim to prohibit teachers from teaching the truth about this country: It was founded on dispossession of Native Americans, slavery, structural racism and oppression; and structural racism is a defining characteristic of our society today….

We, the undersigned educators, refuse to lie to young people about U.S. history and current events — regardless of the law.

Teachers and education officials have increasingly expressed scorn at the desires of parents who entrust their kids to them, telling themselves they have a moral obligation to belabor a sense of pervasive oppression to impressionable young people.

The list includes teachers from conservative states such as Indiana, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Idaho, as well as places like Sea Girt, New Jersey, a 97%-white beachfront town with an all-Republican government and a median home price of more than $1 million.

Their desire to flout the will of parents also extends to flouting the law. In Tennessee, Liz Jarvis, an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher at Cornerstone Prep in Memphis, said she will not abide by a bill that passed the State House, should it be signed into law. “To be frank, the bill will not make it harder for my personal classroom because I plan to ignore it,” Jarvis said. “Who’s going to enforce it?”

The names of the teachers who state an intention to break prospective laws, grouped by state and city, are below.

List at Link

Quote:During an interview with CBS on Tuesday, National Education Association President Becky Pringle commented on efforts to limit critical race theory and other teachings on race in schools by stating that educators must ensure students are taught the truth because when students are taught the truth, “they have the creative imaginations about what they can actually do to make a difference so that they can actually confront the injustices that have been built into every social system within this country.”

Pringle said, “[A]s educators, we must continue to lift our voice to ensure that our students have the truth. We know, as — I can tell you as a teacher for over 30 years, this is what I know about my students, when they teach — when you teach them the truth, they have the creative imaginations about what they can actually do to make a difference so that they can actually confront the injustices that have been built into every social system within this country. We should never underestimate our students’ ability to not only learn about the complete and rich history of this country, but to come together with their shared stories and make sure that they have the opportunity to be those problem-solvers we need them to be so we can confront the institutional racism that this country lives with every single day. And it’s not just about history. It’s about right now, as we very well know.

Link

Schools have taught about the history of slavery, the Civil War, segregation, the civil rights movement, etc., for many decades. No one's been hiding or misrepresenting that history from students.

The pro-CRT left are just making this crap up, like usual, so they can justify pushing this toxic narrative on to children.

Also:

Teacher Sues Illinois School District For Discrimination Against Whites

Quote:White students and teachers in Northeastern Illinois are being illegally discriminated against for the color of their skin and forced to accept that “white identity is inherently racist.” Drama teacher Stacy Deemar, who has been with the Evanston/Skokie School District 65 for almost 20 years, is fighting back.

On Tuesday, the Southeastern Legal Foundation filed a lawsuit against the District for mandating this segregation and racial division in schools.

“By vowing to define its teachers and students solely by their race, District 65 promotes and reinforces a view of race essentialism that divides Americans into groups based solely on their skin color,” said SLF General Counsel Kimberly Hermann. “District 65 teaches its teachers and students that their whole identity comes from the color of their skin. It teaches them to hate each other. It teaches them not only how to be racist, but that they should be racist. This is illegal, wrong, and must be stopped.”

Tuesday’s filing alleges that District 65 has implemented critical race theory into school lessons, classroom procedures, and teacher training for years. The district’s so-called equity standards were first set in 2016 and have advanced far past the point of racial discrimination. District 65 previously faced backlash for giving students of color priority to return for in-person instruction following the pandemic.

In the District’s 2018 Strategy and Equity Reflection, neighboring superintendent Paul Gordon praised the “majority of school instructional teams [who] have written plans that focus on accelerating black student achievement,” and celebrated an increase in “the annual percentage of new hires who identify as people of color by 12%.” Gordon himself is a white male whose initial three-year contract included an annual base salary of almost $200,000.

In October 2020, superintendent Devon Horton told District 65 teachers, “If you’re not antiracist, we can’t have you in front of our students.” In its antiracist programming, District 65 forces employees to accept that white individuals are “loud, authoritative . . . [and] controlling,” to understand, “To be less white is to be less racially oppressive,” to acknowledge that “white identity is inherently racist,” to denounce “white privilege,” to participate in racially segregated exercises, and to participate in “privilege walks,” where teachers must respond to the prompt “Because of my race or color…” If teachers fail to complete the training, District 65 openly labels them “racist.”

Everything from teacher reviews to classroom procedures to school lessons is riddled with discriminatory language. Survey questions for middle schoolers in the district include, “Teachers at Nichols Middle School call on you less often than they call on other students because of your race/ethnicity”; “Teachers at Nichols Middle School discipline you more harshly than other kids because of your race/ethnicity”; “Teachers grade you harder than they grade other kids because of your race/ethnicity”; “Teachers at Nichols Middle School think you are less smart than you really are because of your race/ethnicity,” and so on.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-06-29-at-2.00.02-PM-768x390.png]

Educators in District 65 must participate in the “Courageous Conversation” program, which teaches them to “develop [their] understanding of whiteness and challenge [their] beliefs about [their] own association with and relationship to racial privilege and power.” District 65 also mandates “Beyond Diversity” training for employees that deliberately segregate participants into “racial affinity groups.”

District 65 has hosted sessions for teachers to read “White Fragility” by Robin DiAngelo, a literary framework for racism, segregating them into reading groups based on race, providing teachers with personal copies of the book, and even announced that DiAngelo would speak to the District 65 staff in the 2019-2020 school year. During the reading sessions, District 65 instructed schools to select “at least one facilitator who identifies as white as we are centering White Racial Literacy Development.”

The district’s equity outline allegedly works to “promote an anti-racist and welcoming culture for all students,” according to the district’s website. But District 65’s curriculum for Pre-K through eighth-grade students proves otherwise. Materials directly from the district’s curriculum include: “Whiteness is a bad deal. It always was”; “Racism is a white person’s problem and we are all caught up in it”; “White people have a very, very serious problem and they should start thinking about what they should do about it”; “It [is] important to disrupt the Western nuclear family dynamics as the best/proper way to have a family”; “To “treat everybody equally” is a colorblind message, and “color blindness helps racism.”

Students are subjected to similar teachings as educators, have been taught racial discrimination in school studies, are mandated to attend a week dedicated to Black Lives Matter, and Pre-K through fifth-grade students were forced to read aloud “Not My Idea: A Book about Whiteness (Ordinary Terrible Things)“, by Anastasia Higginbotham, which teaches that, “Racism is a white person’s problem and we are all caught up in it.”

[Image: whitepeopleproblem-900x9001-1-768x820.jpg]

The school district has made itself clear: White people must be treated differently for the color of their skin. According to the SLF, the United States Department of Education Office of Civil Rights “reportedly determined that District 65’s focus on race violated Title VI regulations,” but suspended the finding days after President Joe Biden’s inauguration.

Ironically, District 65 school Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Literary and Fine Arts School supports, teaches, and develops the District’s racist policies. The school would be much wiser to teach the words of its namesake: “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
07-02-2021 03:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
RE: Thousands Of Teachers Who Say They’re Willing To Violate Law
Teachers have turned into some lazy mofos.
07-02-2021 04:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Think about it.

Teachers go through elementary, middle and high school. Then they go to college. Then they do student teaching. Then they're teachers.

AT WHAT POINT ARE THESE PEOPLE EVER IN THE REAL WORLD????
07-02-2021 05:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Two words YOUR FIRED. Go sell shoes for a living.
07-02-2021 05:47 PM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
To the ESL teacher who asked, "Who is going to enforce it?"

The School Board, if they have any balls. Firing for insubordination is not arbitrary.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2021 05:53 PM by MileHighBronco.)
07-02-2021 05:52 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
Teachers have always sucked, that is why they are teachers. Throughout your entire school career there will only be one or two who make any real impact. The others are there just making a check because they failed in everything in their life except going to school.
07-02-2021 05:53 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Sounds like an insurrection againsty our kids and the government.
07-02-2021 05:55 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(07-02-2021 05:55 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Sounds like an insurrection againsty our kids and the government.

Doesn't it though.
07-02-2021 06:03 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-02-2021 05:53 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  Teachers have always sucked, that is why they are teachers. Throughout your entire school career there will only be one or two who make any real impact. The others are there just making a check because they failed in everything in their life except going to school.

to me mum over the early years - “stink, you never bring books home. ya wanna really know why mummy?! b/c I can.”

flippin’ ‘em off with logic and watching them cry in class was a mere hobby…

I wish it was different, but it TTTaint…

THREE CHAPTERS AHEAD
07-02-2021 07:00 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(07-02-2021 03:48 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:Thousands of teachers have pledged to continue teaching based on critical race theory even if state laws ban it — contradicting the claims of those who seek to quell parents’ anger by claiming nothing like that has ever been taught in schools.

The Zinn Education Project, named after the anti-American and factually challenged historian Howard Zinn, has collected signatures from more than 4,200 teachers who “Pledge to Teach the Truth: Despite New State Bills Against It.”

The pledge says:

A recent bill introduced in the Missouri legislature exemplifies a rash of similar bills — in Texas, Idaho, Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Arizona, and North Carolina — that aim to prohibit teachers from teaching the truth about this country: It was founded on dispossession of Native Americans, slavery, structural racism and oppression; and structural racism is a defining characteristic of our society today….

We, the undersigned educators, refuse to lie to young people about U.S. history and current events — regardless of the law.

Teachers and education officials have increasingly expressed scorn at the desires of parents who entrust their kids to them, telling themselves they have a moral obligation to belabor a sense of pervasive oppression to impressionable young people.

The list includes teachers from conservative states such as Indiana, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Idaho, as well as places like Sea Girt, New Jersey, a 97%-white beachfront town with an all-Republican government and a median home price of more than $1 million.

Their desire to flout the will of parents also extends to flouting the law. In Tennessee, Liz Jarvis, an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher at Cornerstone Prep in Memphis, said she will not abide by a bill that passed the State House, should it be signed into law. “To be frank, the bill will not make it harder for my personal classroom because I plan to ignore it,” Jarvis said. “Who’s going to enforce it?”

The names of the teachers who state an intention to break prospective laws, grouped by state and city, are below.

List at Link

Quote:During an interview with CBS on Tuesday, National Education Association President Becky Pringle commented on efforts to limit critical race theory and other teachings on race in schools by stating that educators must ensure students are taught the truth because when students are taught the truth, “they have the creative imaginations about what they can actually do to make a difference so that they can actually confront the injustices that have been built into every social system within this country.”

Pringle said, “[A]s educators, we must continue to lift our voice to ensure that our students have the truth. We know, as — I can tell you as a teacher for over 30 years, this is what I know about my students, when they teach — when you teach them the truth, they have the creative imaginations about what they can actually do to make a difference so that they can actually confront the injustices that have been built into every social system within this country. We should never underestimate our students’ ability to not only learn about the complete and rich history of this country, but to come together with their shared stories and make sure that they have the opportunity to be those problem-solvers we need them to be so we can confront the institutional racism that this country lives with every single day. And it’s not just about history. It’s about right now, as we very well know.

Link

Schools have taught about the history of slavery, the Civil War, segregation, the civil rights movement, etc., for many decades. No one's been hiding or misrepresenting that history from students.

The pro-CRT left are just making this crap up, like usual, so they can justify pushing this toxic narrative on to children.

Also:

Quote:White students and teachers in Northeastern Illinois are being illegally discriminated against for the color of their skin and forced to accept that “white identity is inherently racist.” Drama teacher Stacy Deemar, who has been with the Evanston/Skokie School District 65 for almost 20 years, is fighting back.

On Tuesday, the Southeastern Legal Foundation filed a lawsuit against the District for mandating this segregation and racial division in schools.

“By vowing to define its teachers and students solely by their race, District 65 promotes and reinforces a view of race essentialism that divides Americans into groups based solely on their skin color,” said SLF General Counsel Kimberly Hermann. “District 65 teaches its teachers and students that their whole identity comes from the color of their skin. It teaches them to hate each other. It teaches them not only how to be racist, but that they should be racist. This is illegal, wrong, and must be stopped.”

Tuesday’s filing alleges that District 65 has implemented critical race theory into school lessons, classroom procedures, and teacher training for years. The district’s so-called equity standards were first set in 2016 and have advanced far past the point of racial discrimination. District 65 previously faced backlash for giving students of color priority to return for in-person instruction following the pandemic.

In the District’s 2018 Strategy and Equity Reflection, neighboring superintendent Paul Gordon praised the “majority of school instructional teams [who] have written plans that focus on accelerating black student achievement,” and celebrated an increase in “the annual percentage of new hires who identify as people of color by 12%.” Gordon himself is a white male whose initial three-year contract included an annual base salary of almost $200,000.

In October 2020, superintendent Devon Horton told District 65 teachers, “If you’re not antiracist, we can’t have you in front of our students.” In its antiracist programming, District 65 forces employees to accept that white individuals are “loud, authoritative . . . [and] controlling,” to understand, “To be less white is to be less racially oppressive,” to acknowledge that “white identity is inherently racist,” to denounce “white privilege,” to participate in racially segregated exercises, and to participate in “privilege walks,” where teachers must respond to the prompt “Because of my race or color…” If teachers fail to complete the training, District 65 openly labels them “racist.”

Everything from teacher reviews to classroom procedures to school lessons is riddled with discriminatory language. Survey questions for middle schoolers in the district include, “Teachers at Nichols Middle School call on you less often than they call on other students because of your race/ethnicity”; “Teachers at Nichols Middle School discipline you more harshly than other kids because of your race/ethnicity”; “Teachers grade you harder than they grade other kids because of your race/ethnicity”; “Teachers at Nichols Middle School think you are less smart than you really are because of your race/ethnicity,” and so on.

Educators in District 65 must participate in the “Courageous Conversation” program, which teaches them to “develop [their] understanding of whiteness and challenge [their] beliefs about [their] own association with and relationship to racial privilege and power.” District 65 also mandates “Beyond Diversity” training for employees that deliberately segregate participants into “racial affinity groups.”

District 65 has hosted sessions for teachers to read “White Fragility” by Robin DiAngelo, a literary framework for racism, segregating them into reading groups based on race, providing teachers with personal copies of the book, and even announced that DiAngelo would speak to the District 65 staff in the 2019-2020 school year. During the reading sessions, District 65 instructed schools to select “at least one facilitator who identifies as white as we are centering White Racial Literacy Development.”

The district’s equity outline allegedly works to “promote an anti-racist and welcoming culture for all students,” according to the district’s website. But District 65’s curriculum for Pre-K through eighth-grade students proves otherwise. Materials directly from the district’s curriculum include: “Whiteness is a bad deal. It always was”; “Racism is a white person’s problem and we are all caught up in it”; “White people have a very, very serious problem and they should start thinking about what they should do about it”; “It [is] important to disrupt the Western nuclear family dynamics as the best/proper way to have a family”; “To “treat everybody equally” is a colorblind message, and “color blindness helps racism.”

Students are subjected to similar teachings as educators, have been taught racial discrimination in school studies, are mandated to attend a week dedicated to Black Lives Matter, and Pre-K through fifth-grade students were forced to read aloud “Not My Idea: A Book about Whiteness (Ordinary Terrible Things)“, by Anastasia Higginbotham, which teaches that, “Racism is a white person’s problem and we are all caught up in it.”

The school district has made itself clear: White people must be treated differently for the color of their skin. According to the SLF, the United States Department of Education Office of Civil Rights “reportedly determined that District 65’s focus on race violated Title VI regulations,” but suspended the finding days after President Joe Biden’s inauguration.

Ironically, District 65 school Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Literary and Fine Arts School supports, teaches, and develops the District’s racist policies. The school would be much wiser to teach the words of its namesake: “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

Excellent news. They can get fired AND go to jail. Best of all---the states should strip them of their teaching certs so they have to leave the state to teach. Be gone wretched witches!
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2021 07:56 PM by Attackcoog.)
07-02-2021 07:56 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(07-02-2021 07:56 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

The pledge says:

List at Link

Link

Also:

Excellent news. They can get fired AND go to jail. Best of all---the states should strip them of their teaching certs so they have to leave the state to teach. Be gone wretched witches!

There are several school districts in Shelby County TN:
Shelby County Schools
Arlington Community Schools
Bartlett City Schools
Collierville Schools
Germantown Municipal School District
Lakeland School System
Millington Municipal Schools

The Shelby County Schools board is total lib. I doubt they would enforce the law by firing teachers.

The best idea is to revoke their teaching certificates.
07-02-2021 09:08 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(07-02-2021 09:08 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

The pledge says:

List at Link

Link

Also:

The school district has made itself clear: White people must be treated differently for the color of their skin. According to the SLF, the United States Department of Education Office of Civil Rights “reportedly determined that District 65’s focus on race violated Title VI regulations,” but suspended the finding days after President Joe Biden’s inauguration. Im fine with teaching history. When it veers into "systemic racism" and "White privilege" its simply teaching a new kind of hate and racism. There is no "good" bigotry and racism.

Shelby County Schools
Bartlett City Schools
Collierville Schools
Lakeland School System

The Shelby County Schools board is total lib. I doubt they would enforce the law by firing teachers.

Sadly---because I actually do have core beliefs--I will admit that I think a school district should largely be able to decide what they teach. Governments that are closest to the people tend to best reflect the peoples wishes. That said--I just see no place in any school district for the racial bigotry and hate that CRT teaches. Regardless of the majority---no good can come from teaching new kinds of racial hate and bigotry as "facts of life". There is no "good" bigotry and racism. Its sad some have not learned that lesson.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2021 11:36 PM by Attackcoog.)
07-02-2021 11:30 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Not true in all cases, but unfortunately too many.

"Those that cannot do, teach.........."
07-02-2021 11:45 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(07-02-2021 11:30 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(07-02-2021 09:08 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

The pledge says:

List at Link

Link

Also:

The school district has made itself clear: White people must be treated differently for the color of their skin. According to the SLF, the United States Department of Education Office of Civil Rights “reportedly determined that District 65’s focus on race violated Title VI regulations,” but suspended the finding days after President Joe Biden’s inauguration. Im fine with teaching history. When it veers into "systemic racism" and "White privilege" its simply teaching a new kind of hate and racism. There is no "good" bigotry and racism.

Shelby County Schools
Bartlett City Schools
Collierville Schools
Lakeland School System

Sadly---because I actually do have core beliefs--I will admit that I think a school district should largely be able to decide what they teach. Governments that are closest to the people tend to best reflect the peoples wishes. That said--I just see no place in any school district for the racial bigotry and hate that CRT teaches. Regardless of the majority---no good can come from teaching new kinds of racial hate and bigotry as "facts of life". There is no "good" bigotry and racism. Its sad some have not learned that lesson.

Actually, education is administered at the state level.

Tennessee Code Title 49. Education § 49-1-302

I can't speak for every other state, but it is my understanding that each state operates similarly.

The state decides what is taught. The state grants certain administrative duties to individual school districts with a limited set of decision making authority.

The state reserves the right to revoke a district's charter and run it from the state. This is usually done if districts do not meet academic goals for a specific number of years.

Local boards don't get to dictate curriculum. They can choose from among texts approved at the state level.

Local boards don't get to set their own pass/fail objectives.

Local boards can set the calendar, they develop the budget, among other things.
07-03-2021 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.