Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Obama: Biden* Is A Good Proxy For My 3rd Term
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Obama: Biden* Is A Good Proxy For My 3rd Term
Quote:President Barack Obama said in an interview published Tuesday his former Vice President Joe Biden was finishing the work he began to redistribute wealth through programs like Obamacare.

“I think that what we’re seeing now, is Joe and the administration are essentially finishing the job,” he said in an interview with New York Times columnist Ezra Klein. “And I think it’ll be an interesting test. Ninety percent of the folks who were there in my administration, they are continuing and building on the policies we talked about…”

Obama expressed his frustration that former President Donald Trump’s administration interrupted his ability to get credit for the strength of the economy.

“That clouds what I think would have been a more impactful shift in political views towards Democrats as a result of my presidency,” he said.

But Obama said he hoped Biden’s success would shift the next generation of Americans toward more leftist policies.

“If they’re successful over the next four years, as I think they will be, I think that will have an impact,” he said.

Obama said the political environment of the coronavirus pandemic was different, as Republicans had teamed up with Democrats to spend $2 trillion in economic stimulus and Americans were more willing to accept help from the government.

“I think we’re now in an environment where if we just get some big pieces in place, building on what we did before, people will notice,” Obama said. “And it will have a political impact.”

Link

So Biden* is spying on our allies too?

Quote:Former Democrat President Barack Obama’s administration reportedly spied on U.S. allies in Europe and top European politicians – including German Chancellor Angela Merkel – by using Denmark’s Defense Intelligence Service (FE).

“The findings are the result of a 2015 internal investigation in the Danish Defense Intelligence Service into NSA’s role in the partnership,” Reuters reported. “According to the investigation, which covered the period from 2012 to 2014, the NSA used Danish information cables to spy on senior officials in Sweden, Norway, France and Germany, including former German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier and former German opposition leader Peer Steinbrück.”

The alleged operation – dubbed “Operation Dunhammer” – allowed the NSA to obtain phone calls, texts, and chat messages to and from the official’s telephones.

Some of the reaction from European officials include:

Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg: “It’s unacceptable if countries which have close allied co-operation feel the need to spy on one another.”

French President Emmanuel Macron: “If the information is correct, then that’s unacceptable between allies, and even less so between European allies. We expect complete openness and a clarification of the facts from our Danish and American partners.”

French Minister for European Affairs Clement Beaune: “These potential facts, they are serious, they must be checked.”

Former German opposition leader Peer Steinbrück said it was “grotesque that friendly intelligence services are indeed intercepting and spying on top representatives” of other countries, adding: “politically I consider it a scandal.”

German government spokesman Steffen Seibert: “The federal government has taken note of the report and is in contact with all relevant national and international bodies for clarification. As a matter of principle, and you already know this, I would ask you to understand that the federal government does not openly comment on matters concerning intelligence activities.”

Reports first surfaced that the Obama administration was spying on U.S. allies in 2013 when it was revealed that they had spied on Germany and France. The spying on France appears to have started during the latter years of former President George W. Bush’s administration.

CNN reported:

Revelations that the US National Security Agency (NSA) tapped Merkel’s cellphone emerged in 2013 after former NSA contractor and whistleblower Edward Snowden shared documents with The Guardian showing that a US official had handed the agency 200 phone numbers, including those of world leaders, for the agency to monitor.

The report did not name any of the 35 world leaders that were allegedly on in the list. However, few months after the initial reports, the German government publicly said it had information that suggested the US might have monitored Merkel’s cell phone. Germany’s Federal Prosecutor’s Office launched an investigation into the allegation, but dropped it in 2015, saying it had uncovered insufficient evidence to launch a successful prosecution.

“The Danish government can and will not comment on speculation in the media concerning our intelligence services,” Danish Defense Minister Trine Bramsen said. “The position of the Danish government is clear — systematic targeting against our close allied partners is unacceptable. Clearly, that is a well-established principle that Danish authorities adhere to.”

Link
06-02-2021 10:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
RE: Obama: Biden* Is A Good Proxy For My 3rd Term
We can file this under the "no schitt Sherlock" folder. Everyone knows that Obama didn't turn finish turning us into a third world nation, so he tried to get Hillary in and when that ended in a surprise failure they picked a dumb pedophile whose only true accomplishments in life were taking down Corn Pop and letting black kids rub his hairy legs to finish the job.
06-02-2021 10:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
5 terms with President Harris.
06-02-2021 11:02 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(06-02-2021 11:02 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  5 terms with President Harris.

I'd almost love to see it and be a fly on your wall when the realization of the depths of your stupidity finally hits you, full on in the face, nose breakingly hard. You support failure, you support government strangleholds over its own citizens, you support everyone being equal, equally miserable. Unless you're one of the elites. Hmm, hadn't thought of that. Are you?
06-03-2021 05:39 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I attended a seminar yesterday as part of my continuing education for my CPA and law licenses. This is a seminar I very much enjoy attending annually, because it consists of 4 days of panel discussions on a variety of topics, with each panel typically including a senior IRS person, a senior tax partner with a law firm, a senior tax partner with a CPA firm, and a tax lobbyist, so it they are extremely authoritative panels.

A couple of the panels got into discussing the Biden tax proposal. The panelists (including the IRS guy) all pretty much agreed that:

- The proposed corporate tax plan would make US companies non-competitive in world markets unless the rest of the world follows our lead and enacts similar legislation. They panelists expect that the OECD (developed) countries will do so, as OECD is already discussing similar proposals, but I believe there will be tremendous incentive for a developing country to undercut us.
- The proposed elimination of the IDC expense deduction will put a virtual halt to domestic oil and gas exploration activities.
- The proposed capital gains provisions will force a number of wealthy Americans to file bankruptcy.

The panelists believe that it would be political suicide for any democrat from an oil-producing state to vote for the IDC changes, but those consist of Manchin and a couple of others. They give the other two provisions a chance to pass in some form, because they will be necessary to hit the expected Biden budget revenue targets.

Think about the impact on our economy of those changes. 2022 could make 1929 look like a walk in the park.

And none of them would be possible if republicans had thought about the importance of winning the Georgia runoffs instead of being butthurt about voter fraud in November. Republicans need to stop looking backwards and start looking forward or we are in a world of hurt.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021 08:14 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
06-03-2021 07:59 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
No one in their right mind would say that Biden isn't a third term for Obama.

Of course it is. That's what the American people wanted.
06-03-2021 12:46 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
A 3rd term of complete failure

well done prog filth
06-03-2021 03:26 PM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
(06-03-2021 07:59 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I attended a seminar yesterday as part of my continuing education for my CPA and law licenses. This is a seminar I very much enjoy attending annually, because it consists of 4 days of panel discussions on a variety of topics, with each panel typically including a senior IRS person, a senior tax partner with a law firm, a senior tax partner with a CPA firm, and a tax lobbyist, so it they are extremely authoritative panels.

A couple of the panels got into discussing the Biden tax proposal. The panelists (including the IRS guy) all pretty much agreed that:

- The proposed corporate tax plan would make US companies non-competitive in world markets unless the rest of the world follows our lead and enacts similar legislation. They panelists expect that the OECD (developed) countries will do so, as OECD is already discussing similar proposals, but I believe there will be tremendous incentive for a developing country to undercut us.
- The proposed elimination of the IDC expense deduction will put a virtual halt to domestic oil and gas exploration activities.
- The proposed capital gains provisions will force a number of wealthy Americans to file bankruptcy.

The panelists believe that it would be political suicide for any democrat from an oil-producing state to vote for the IDC changes, but those consist of Manchin and a couple of others. They give the other two provisions a chance to pass in some form, because they will be necessary to hit the expected Biden budget revenue targets.

Think about the impact on our economy of those changes. 2022 could make 1929 look like a walk in the park.

And none of them would be possible if republicans had thought about the importance of winning the Georgia runoffs instead of being butthurt about voter fraud in November. Republicans need to stop looking backwards and start looking forward or we are in a world of hurt.

I have long said that I would vote Republican if they would just stop looking into the past and start looking forward.
06-04-2021 09:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.