Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dowdy-Ficklen's Natural Grass
PiKappWags Offline
Capt'n Pabst

I Root For: East Carolina

The support for the always nice looking Field Turf as sported by or new conference brother SMU, caught me a little off gaurd. East Carolina's Field doesnt use enough paint, but i personally cannot see a reason to replace the Bermuda surface for rubber.

The field is a testament to true football, and East Carolina. Paint however cannot be too expensive. Not only would i like to see fully painted endzones and sidelines, the Pirate Club Seats and many parts of the stadiums underbody need to be repainted in the True Colors of ECU. The cartoon purple and yellow has got to go. Deep purple and a golden yellow!!!!!!!

I know little about the press boxes and what not... BUT i would rework the student section. I dont know the feasability of it... but for the adult and families whop want to sit, give the the upper half of the fifty and so forth. Make the bottom half the students... with precaution to the away section boundaries. Create a Minges like concept where its students on the bottom, and Alumns on the top. Hope that makes since.

NOW - My dream, (despite never before giving the band any respect or credit), has become to see the endzone section built with the Band in Mind. Give them the spot driectly behind the goal. Even construct a means to amplify the sound. I was a stage hand for years --- you have to aim the noise. Close it off so people can fill the area too, but - in the middle, a stage of sorts with steps leading directly down to the field for the band. That way they arent lining up behind the teams before half.. . They could just march straight out with the DRUMS A THUMPING. I WANT A DRUMLINE.

furthermore... move the enemy to the east side, away from our future closed endzone... (or idealy the upperdeck). Get them right next to our cannon.
furthermore... Id like to see a bigger mast - perhaps right behind the band in our future endzone. HUGE MAST

and lastly... i want cannons lined down the sides of the N and S Stands. Just the tips of fake cannon barrels along the brick walls... give em a little enlay and some shudders i suppose. Itd be like two ships and the battle field in between is the playing field.

thats all the creativity i got... beside putting the soccer field on the River where all the Tar River Apartments were swept away. Think it could be real unique to throw that down there. (Granted im from Lynchburg and Lynchburg College just has one of the most unique soccer/lacross field setting Ive Ever seen. ill look for a pic - its lined with the dorm... Man its nice.
--that would open up the old soccer feidl for a state of the art building that the track would be encircling. What better place to watch a track meet than on a swivel chair in the middle??

ANYWHO - Ill let this slowly field responses and keep my mouth shut for a spell
11-24-2003 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.