Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Key Weekend Matchups for Seeding Positioning
Bookmark and Share
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
This weekend’s games that will have an impact on Tournament Seedings besides Toledo vs. Western tomorrow at 5:

BG (6) @Akron (2) – 7 Tonight on CBSSN

CMU @ Ball St (8) - Tomorrow at 1

Buffalo (5) @ Ohio (3) - Tomorrow at 2

Kent(4) @ Miami (7) (Tomorrow at 4:30)

Akron will be looking to bounce back tonight after getting beat decisively at OU on Tuesday, while BG is on a 3 game winning streak. The Ohio vs Buffalo game should be a good one as both teams are attempting to secure a 2 or 3 seed. The Miami game is intriguing in that it looks like Miami is playing well coming off a sweep of CMU and WMU while Kent has not played well since they lost their second leading scorer Michael Nuga to a season ending injury a couple of weeks ago.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021 02:00 PM by Basketball Jones.)
02-26-2021 01:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Key Weekend Matchups for Seeding Positioning
lots of good games in the old mac east over the next week, too bad no fans. hard to predict anything in the seedings beyond the rockets taking the 1. ohio and bg seem to peaking at the right time and my hope is they end up playing each other on the other side of the mac tourney bracket.
02-26-2021 03:47 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
BG starting to live up to their pre-season conf rankings.
02-26-2021 08:56 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
So if we win tomorrow do we clinch? Looks like it. We have tie breaker over any team with 5 losses and only OU has 4 losses and is 2.5 behind us.
02-26-2021 09:06 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

win tomorrow, lose the last two we'd be 14/19
OU wins out they'd be 12/16. They'd have the percentage.

How are they determining this thing?
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021 09:17 PM by eastisbest.)
02-26-2021 09:16 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(02-26-2021 09:16 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  win tomorrow, lose the last two we'd be 14/19
OU wins out they'd be 12/16. They'd have the percentage.

How are they determining this thing?

Forgot they have four games left.
02-26-2021 09:48 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
3 games left

tough ones

we won't lose 2 more regular season games, anyway.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2021 01:15 AM by pono.)
02-27-2021 01:14 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

so no, not "clinched" if they are using percentages.
02-27-2021 09:58 AM
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

If the Rockets beat WMU today and OU loses to Buffalo, I think the Rockets would clinch the 1 seed. If the Rockets were to lose their last two, their winning percentage would be 14/19 (.74). If OU wins their last 2 after losing to Buffalo, their winning percentage would be 11/16 (.69).
02-27-2021 10:08 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't think OU is going to lose to Buffs. I'm more counting on the gauntlet they have to go through or us winning out. OU and BG are seem to be playing really well. None of the top 8 are in any serious threat of falling out of tournament. Top seed is a hard get. Curious as to whether any of the coaches will be satisfied to just work on fundamentals, bench depth and rest players.
02-27-2021 11:10 AM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

(02-27-2021 11:10 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  I don't think OU is going to lose to Buffs. I'm more counting on the gauntlet they have to go through or us winning out. OU and BG are seem to be playing really well. None of the top 8 are in any serious threat of falling out of tournament. Top seed is a hard get. Curious as to whether any of the coaches will be satisfied to just work on fundamentals, bench depth and rest players.

This is something I’ve wondered. If Toledo locks up the 1 seed with either 1 or 2 games left, do we rest guys? Complicated by the fact that we likely will play ball state on Friday to wrap the regular season, and then again on Thursday in the quarterfinals.
02-27-2021 12:14 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-27-2021 12:14 PM)adunifon Wrote:  
(02-27-2021 11:10 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  I don't think OU is going to lose to Buffs. I'm more counting on the gauntlet they have to go through or us winning out. OU and BG are seem to be playing really well. None of the top 8 are in any serious threat of falling out of tournament. Top seed is a hard get. Curious as to whether any of the coaches will be satisfied to just work on fundamentals, bench depth and rest players.

This is something I’ve wondered. If Toledo locks up the 1 seed with either 1 or 2 games left, do we rest guys? Complicated by the fact that we likely will play ball state on Friday to wrap the regular season, and then again on Thursday in the quarterfinals.

I wonder how Coach K sees it. As a no decision to make, same-ol-same-ol or some deviation from the norm?

Doesn't look like OU is going to come into play. Down big on Buffs right now.
02-27-2021 02:49 PM
Sleepy Offline
1st String

(02-27-2021 02:49 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(02-27-2021 12:14 PM)adunifon Wrote:  

I wonder how Coach K sees it. As a no decision to make, same-ol-same-ol or some deviation from the norm?

Doesn't look like OU is going to come into play. Down big on Buffs right now.

Buffalo 76 OU 49 midway thru 2nd half
02-27-2021 03:35 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
win for the #1 seed and to be right up there with BGSU for hottest team in the conference
02-27-2021 04:20 PM
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

With Miami losing and Ball State winning yesterday, it looks like Toledo will most likely play Miami in the first round in Cleveland. That is if Miami loses their two road games against BG & Akron and Ball State beats EMU and loses at Toledo. As a hypitical, if everyone wins their remaining home games and loses their remaining road games (except a course for Toledo), the Seedings would look like the following:

#1Toledo vs. #8Miami
#4Kent vs. #5BG

#2Buffalo vs. #7Ball St
#3Akron vs. #6Ohio

But this is pure speculation as who thought Buffalo was going to go into Athens and blow out Ohio U yesterday!
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021 12:01 PM by Basketball Jones.)
02-28-2021 12:00 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

Earlier I thought I heard it mentioned the MAC regular season champ will get the NCAA bid. Why aren’t we hearing anything about this?[/align]
02-28-2021 12:14 PM
Advertisement

RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

(02-28-2021 12:14 PM)PTLROCK Wrote:  Earlier I thought I heard it mentioned the MAC regular season champ will get the NCAA bid. Why aren’t we hearing anything about this?[/align]

There was talk that the conferences might choose to give their regular season champion the automatic bid instead of playing the conference tournament, but the MAC decided to have the tournament, as did every other conference.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021 01:42 PM by RocketBBallFan.)
02-28-2021 01:41 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

(02-28-2021 01:41 PM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  
(02-28-2021 12:14 PM)PTLROCK Wrote:  Earlier I thought I heard it mentioned the MAC regular season champ will get the NCAA bid. Why aren’t we hearing anything about this?[/align]

There was talk that the conferences might choose to give their regular season champion the automatic bid instead of playing the conference tournament, but the MAC decided to have the tournament, as did every other conference.

Ok, thanks for the update.

How disappointing. I really hate the conference tourney champ approach. Besides seating, which makes some difference, the body of work for the season is really discarded. At least 3 teams besides Toledo could put together a good couple of games and win it. Just don’t like it.

If 4 teams from the MAC were going to the NCAA tournament, I’d be all for it. Gotta go win it!!
02-28-2021 02:12 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

Can't let up off the gas now, next 2 games are danger games one on the road against a bad record CMU team (for example UD lost at St. Joes , 3-14 record by a lot) and then there is Ball State at home, need I say more ?
02-28-2021 02:57 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2021 02:57 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  Can't let up off the gas now, next 2 games are danger games one on the road against a bad record CMU team (for example UD lost at St. Joes , 3-14 record by a lot) and then there is Ball State at home, need I say more ?

UD stinks this year.
02-28-2021 03:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.