Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USC against the Rebs
Bookmark and Share
doodle doo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Any thoughts from the Ole Miss community on our game this year? We haven't been the boys from Oxford in 25 years. We're due! Ok so we're only 0-3 in that time but we are still due! :D

How does the OM defense look this year? Any running game to help Eli this year?
04-17-2003 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Wow, interesting stat about the 25 years, I didn't know that, but you're right we haven't played that often....LOL

As for our running game, we took a big blow this Spring, losing our tailback Jamal Pittman, but we have some other guys that could step up and provide Eli some leverage....Pearson, Turner, and McClendon come to mind. So we may have another tag-team RB issue this season, which had its good and bad points last season. We'll see.

The defense? Well, that has become the annual question of late. We just don't know yet? We showed some signs of improvement last year, from that terrible 2001 season we had defensively. Driesbach is in his second year here as DefCoord., so maybe he has found a way to improve.... :crying:

As for the USC game.....I'm predicting a Rebel win, hopefully, but a close one. You never know, though, with ole Lou on the other sidelines....that's not a good feeling. I'm looking forward to it, though.
04-17-2003 11:09 PM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

Do we play here or there?
04-18-2003 10:40 AM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

The game is in Paradise, Still! 03-wink
04-18-2003 11:38 AM
doodle doo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

10MAN Wrote:The game is in Paradise, Still! 03-wink
Huh, I thought the game was in Oxford. :ninja:
04-18-2003 01:33 PM
doodle doo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

10MAN Wrote:The defense? Well, that has become the annual question of late. We just don't know yet? We showed some signs of improvement last year, from that terrible 2001 season we had defensively. Driesbach is in his second year here as DefCoord., so maybe he has found a way to improve.... :crying:
Amazing how up and down the D was last year. Completely shutting down Florida but giving up, what, 35 or 40 to Vandy. Sounds like us. We dominated UGA and Kentucky but UVA, LSU and Clem and his son ate us alive.

<!--EDIT|doodle doo|Apr 18 2003, 02:50 PM-->
04-18-2003 01:36 PM
Advertisement

georgew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The only thing I know for sure is, Ole Miss better have a healthy respect for Ole Holtz and team, or they will get their butts handed to them in a sling!

The old guy still has rabbits up his sleeve and some guys that can execute them when he calls em!

I lived in AR in the Holtz era, I respected him then, and I respect him now!!
04-18-2003 01:44 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

doodle doo Wrote:
10MAN Wrote:The game is in Paradise, Still! 03-wink
Huh, I thought the game was in Oxford. :ninja:
My bad, sometimes I get the two mixed up! 03-wink

You're right, the game is in Para.., err Oxford! 03-lol
04-18-2003 02:17 PM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

Good enough!

I heard they were moving the band down on the other end of the field, next to where the Rebels come out of the tunnel.

Right after I graduated, that is where my tickets were. Now with a wife and kids I have to sit in the "poor section". (But I love it.) I get to sit down there so thart Peanut can look down his nose at all the "little" people.
04-18-2003 02:23 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I know, I got my ticket order form in the mail FINALLY!!! And they did say that they were moving the band......AGAIN! They can't seem to make up their minds about the band placement! 03-lol
04-18-2003 02:26 PM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

Actually, we will probably hear them better from the newly assigned spot. I heard them better two years ago than I did this past season.
04-18-2003 02:40 PM
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

True! The band has been following me the last few years... 03-lol Let's see, last year they were just behind us in the South Endzone, remember Still? In 2001, they were right next to us, our seats were in the North endzone that year. Hell, they were so close, I got to know a few of them that year. It seems like every year, the band winds up right next or close to me.....

And so on and so on...you get the point! They are following us!!!! 03-lol I don't mind it, though, that is one of the best things about college football is the bands!
04-18-2003 03:28 PM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

I like to hear them play and it does help to get you going....I HATE to hear MSU's band playing the tune that they do the GO...State....GO State! cheer by. :eek: :eek: 03-puke
04-18-2003 11:32 PM
NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

I Root For: Ole Miss

I hate it when every time the Ole Miss Band cranks up in the stands the State Band tries to drown them out with "Go State". It's the only song they know! LOL!!
04-19-2003 07:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
msudawgs64 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Miss. State

:D :D That is a mark of a truly annoying song..It's in your heads now. LOL. I have to admit it really does not need to be played for every first down, well wait, on second thought, last year, it did. 03-lol

<!--EDIT|msudawgs64|Apr 23 2003, 05:57 PM-->
04-23-2003 05:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

Maybe that song is what has happened to your oblong ball team! 03-razz
04-23-2003 09:35 PM
Advertisement

1st and Goal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

You mean there is a song more annoying than Rocky Top?
04-24-2003 09:09 AM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

YES!!!!
04-24-2003 10:01 AM
Gamecock Jay Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Oxford is a great place and the view is unreal!!! :) I had the good fortune of spending some quality time with a Rebel girl one weekend and I have a question for you all. Do the girls have to send in a pic with the application? 03-wink
04-24-2003 11:33 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

msudawgs64 Wrote::D :D That is a mark of a truly annoying song..It's in your heads now. LOL. I have to admit it really does not need to be played for every first down, well wait, on second thought, last year, it did. 03-lol
03-lol 03-lol

Zing! 2 pts!
04-24-2003 11:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.