Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bigger and better things!
Bookmark and Share
NewfieHerdFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Marshall

I was briefly scanning the the Marshall board on ESPN and, again, all I see is posts between Marshall and WVU students arguing about playing a football game between the two schools.
:crying:
I really wanted the two teams to play, but now, I believe Marshall students should just focus on our new exciting conference foes and forget about WVU. I'm physically sick of hearing and seeing this argument keep going on and on.
In my opinion, over the last several years WVU (and now the Big East Conference as a whole) has lost some credibility. Let them play Louisville, Cinnci, Rutgers, and all the rest. We're making the jump to a new, exciting conference and we need to focus on our new conference mates.
Like I've posted before, we are going to be part of a "southern conference" and I am looking forward to traveling to these new "southern" schools and meeting their fans. I really feel there will be some great rivalries made here. I believe the new conference, as well as Marshall's record, will help us draw better out-of-conference opponents to Huntington. Playing the Mountaineers would have been fun, however, that school's administration will never allow it to happen. What little luster WVU had is fading fast.
:rolleyes:
12-12-2003 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

marshallisqbu Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall !!!!

good post

wvu = doesn't exist to me.
12-12-2003 07:04 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

WVU Call I say:

Hi WVU, ooooo you wanna play us now, Im sorry we can't we have

Tennessee
K-State
Wisconsin
Georgia (If they don't by us out)
Ohio State
Miami FL

Schedued in the next couple years, we don't play with those who play with Cincy (You lost to them remember), Louie, (We are undefeated with thsese guys since entering I-A again), S. Florida (Hey silly they have been playing football 7 yrs), UConn (These guys almost got beat by the MAC bottoms)..... See ya in the Funnys
12-13-2003 12:16 AM
Rob T
Unregistered

We don't need 03-puke WVwho!!
12-13-2003 08:38 AM
Quote this message in a reply
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:We don't need 03-puke WVwho!!
No we don't

We are on to Bigger and Better things

WVUoo, heres your sign -----> :stupid:
12-13-2003 01:52 PM
Advertisement

ECUgradstudent Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Yeah I think you will forget about them, besides for some reason I see the Pirates and Herd becoming rivaleries in the new CUSA. Our closeness and strong football history will see to that. What do you all think?
12-14-2003 02:25 PM
marshallisqbu Offline
All American

Definitely ECU. You will see a ton of herd fans coming to greenville. Our largest alumni group is in the carolinas.
12-14-2003 03:46 PM
ECUgradstudent Offline
1st String

I Root For:

MarshallWins,

You say your largest alumi is from the Carolinas? Why is that? Actually I had noticed at the Nascar race at Rockingham last month that alot of Marshall shirts were there. I thought it was funny being you were coming into CUSA and I hadn't really seen any before. I even sat next to a lady that went to Marshall and she was very excited about getting in CUSA. She told me some interesting things. One thing that I found interesting was that she said WVU has a very very high opinion of ECU (she said Marshall has the same high opinion) and that she said WVU wants ECU to be a in a conference with them. She thought in next go around ECU would get it and help Marshall get in by having a CUSA rivary into the Big East. Sorry took so long to response but let me know what you think about all this. I actually told her I thought in next 5 years be alot of realignment with sunbelt and wac and disappearing and all conferences being in BCS in IA and alot of former sunbelt, wac, mwc teams going back to IAA. We had a long conversion explaining about the dilema ECU has about what conference it needs to be in (this is very interesting with our recruiting and all) but that is a different story and I hate to tell it without you asking. So let me know about what i asked and what that lady at race said in your opinion.
12-24-2003 03:12 PM
marshallisqbu Offline
All American

Sadly, we have a large carolina alumni base b/c most marshall alumni have to go elsewhere outside wv for jobs. :john: I myself am in clemson, SC

As for the conversation you had, WVU was the ones who blocked us from going into the bigeast this time. They will die a slow death before they ever are in the same conference as us. They think we are not on their level, and seem a bit scared of our success. I don't think wvu will have as much pull this time as they do in the next go round, so we will see. I wouldn't mind to make another jump with ECU in the coming years, but hey, cusa may be better than the big east by then.
12-24-2003 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.