Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Anderson Cooper Compares Capitol Hill Riot To 800,000 Murdered In Rwandan Genocide
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Anderson Cooper Compares Capitol Hill Riot To 800,000 Murdered In Rwandan Genocide
Quote:CNN host Anderson Cooper compared the rioters who were involved in the breach of the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6 to people who were involved in carrying out the Rwandan genocide in 1994 — a catastrophic event that saw approximately 800,000 people slaughtered in the span of just a couple of months.

“Part of it, I think, just based on what you were just saying, it comes to mind, the idea of otherizing people is something I think we saw a lot of over the last four years. I mean, certainly we’ve seen a lot over the last decades, but it’s so easy to otherize people, to make people other than, other than American, other than patriotic, other than human,” Cooper said to a nodding Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), a frequent critic of Donald Trump. “You know, and we’ve seen it in Bosnia, we’ve seen it in Rwanda, where radio was telling people that you know, Hutus, were telling the radio listeners that Tutsi were cockroaches for you know, getting them ginned up for genocide.”

“And you see it in in these videos where people who claim they are patriots are in the face of a police officer calling him you know, as we’re seeing it right there and and you know, gouging out of the eye of one, you know, squeezing one in, you know, a suffocating one in a doorway,” he continued.

WATCH:

Cooper previously associated the events of January 6 with the Rwandan genocide just a few days after the riot happened.

“You know, I remember seeing you in the lobby of a hotel in Egypt in the midst of the revolution. And it was a really scary day,” Cooper said to New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman. “I was, I was, I’ve seen a lot and I was very scared that day. Um, you’ve been to a lot of civil wars. You know, I was in Rwanda in the genocide briefly, I was in Bosnia, we’ve, you know, we’re in Iraq, Afghanistan, you’ve been around the world, you’ve seen a lot.”

“I hear people talking about civil war in America as if they know what they’re talking about, as if they know what that looks like,” he continued. “And unless you’ve seen it up close, I mean, it is a horrible, horrible thing. I am so upset when I hear these people at rallies, Trump rallies talking about civil war as if it’s some sort of a cleansing.”

WATCH:

Cooper made a similar comparison late last year when discussing then-President Donald Trump.

“In the mid-90s, I think it was like ’96, I was in Kinshasa in the waning days of Mobutu, and Mobutu was a pretty awful dictator and when he finally fled the country and the rebels were moving to take the capital, his son drove around in a pick-up truck with a machine gun and settling scores with people he felt with people had not been supportive enough with Mobutu,” Cooper said. “Thankfully, it hasn’t come to that here, but I can’t believe we’re in a situation where a transfer of power is not — I can’t believe we are in this situation here — it just seems so petty and I know it’s about Georgia and I know it’s about setting up grievance politics that will perhaps allow him to run in four years.”

One major development from the Rwandan genocide took place last year when European law enforcement officials tracked down and arrested Félicien Kabuga.

Kabuga “was behind the radio station whose hate-filled invectives turned Rwandan against Rwandan, neighbor against neighbor, even spouse against spouse,” The New York Times reported. “[Kabuga] was the man, it was said, who imported the hundreds of thousands of machetes that allowed countless ordinary people to act upon that hatred in one of the last genocides of the past century.”

Link

Yes of course because the death toll is exactly the same. The M.E. Cannot find the blunt force that could cause death to the Capital Police officer. The two suicides cannot be tied to the protest/riot, the other deaths were heart attacks, and the one actual death was a bad shoot were a capital police officer shot an unarmed woman to death. Yup just like Rwanda.
02-11-2021 06:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Anderson Cooper Compares Capitol Hill Riot To 800,000 Murdered In Rwandan Genocide
(02-11-2021 06:25 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:CNN host Anderson Cooper compared the rioters who were involved in the breach of the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6 to people who were involved in carrying out the Rwandan genocide in 1994 — a catastrophic event that saw approximately 800,000 people slaughtered in the span of just a couple of months.

“Part of it, I think, just based on what you were just saying, it comes to mind, the idea of otherizing people is something I think we saw a lot of over the last four years. I mean, certainly we’ve seen a lot over the last decades, but it’s so easy to otherize people, to make people other than, other than American, other than patriotic, other than human,” Cooper said to a nodding Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), a frequent critic of Donald Trump. “You know, and we’ve seen it in Bosnia, we’ve seen it in Rwanda, where radio was telling people that you know, Hutus, were telling the radio listeners that Tutsi were cockroaches for you know, getting them ginned up for genocide.”

“And you see it in in these videos where people who claim they are patriots are in the face of a police officer calling him you know, as we’re seeing it right there and and you know, gouging out of the eye of one, you know, squeezing one in, you know, a suffocating one in a doorway,” he continued.

WATCH:

Cooper previously associated the events of January 6 with the Rwandan genocide just a few days after the riot happened.

“You know, I remember seeing you in the lobby of a hotel in Egypt in the midst of the revolution. And it was a really scary day,” Cooper said to New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman. “I was, I was, I’ve seen a lot and I was very scared that day. Um, you’ve been to a lot of civil wars. You know, I was in Rwanda in the genocide briefly, I was in Bosnia, we’ve, you know, we’re in Iraq, Afghanistan, you’ve been around the world, you’ve seen a lot.”

“I hear people talking about civil war in America as if they know what they’re talking about, as if they know what that looks like,” he continued. “And unless you’ve seen it up close, I mean, it is a horrible, horrible thing. I am so upset when I hear these people at rallies, Trump rallies talking about civil war as if it’s some sort of a cleansing.”

WATCH:

Cooper made a similar comparison late last year when discussing then-President Donald Trump.

“In the mid-90s, I think it was like ’96, I was in Kinshasa in the waning days of Mobutu, and Mobutu was a pretty awful dictator and when he finally fled the country and the rebels were moving to take the capital, his son drove around in a pick-up truck with a machine gun and settling scores with people he felt with people had not been supportive enough with Mobutu,” Cooper said. “Thankfully, it hasn’t come to that here, but I can’t believe we’re in a situation where a transfer of power is not — I can’t believe we are in this situation here — it just seems so petty and I know it’s about Georgia and I know it’s about setting up grievance politics that will perhaps allow him to run in four years.”

One major development from the Rwandan genocide took place last year when European law enforcement officials tracked down and arrested Félicien Kabuga.

Kabuga “was behind the radio station whose hate-filled invectives turned Rwandan against Rwandan, neighbor against neighbor, even spouse against spouse,” The New York Times reported. “[Kabuga] was the man, it was said, who imported the hundreds of thousands of machetes that allowed countless ordinary people to act upon that hatred in one of the last genocides of the past century.”

Link

Yes of course because the death toll is exactly the same. The M.E. Cannot find the blunt force that could cause death to the Capital Police officer. The two suicides cannot be tied to the protest/riot, the other deaths were heart attacks, and the one actual death was a bad shoot were a capital police officer shot an unarmed woman to death. Yup just like Rwanda.

They just arent very smart are they.
02-11-2021 06:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Anderson Cooper Compares Capitol Hill Riot To 800,000 Murdered In Rwandan Genocide
Who is exactly “otherizing” a group of people these days? Seems Ms.’Cooper is confused about which side is ginning up support for genocide.
02-11-2021 06:51 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Its sad seeing how Cooper has prostituted himself into a DNC propagandist. He's become a complete joke. CNN should see what Saddam's old press secretary is doing these days. He'd make a spectacular news anchor for the network.
02-11-2021 07:52 PM
TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
Intellectually dishonest people and the platforms that promote them should be ignored (just like some posters here)
02-12-2021 07:42 AM
Advertisement

450bench Online

I Root For: Memphis
This just in, Anderson Cooper is a complete joke. Now back to our regular scheduled programming.
02-12-2021 07:58 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-12-2021 07:58 AM)450bench Wrote:  This just in, Anderson Cooper is a complete joke. Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

Cooper is evil. Anyone who on MSM who makes an analogy like that, when they it is absurd, is evil.
02-12-2021 08:15 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
It was on CNN so no one saw it.
02-12-2021 08:36 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
lol, CNN needs the the ratings and Trump brings in the advertising $$$. This should surprise no one . Need to suck cash cow dry while they still can.
02-12-2021 08:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.