Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Dallas Mavericks Cease Playing The National Anthem At Games
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Dallas Mavericks Cease Playing The National Anthem At Games
Quote:The Dallas Mavericks have taken a stance against the playing of the national anthem.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban confirmed to The Athletic that it was his decision to no longer play the national anthem prior to home games at American Airlines Center. The Mavericks haven’t played the national anthem prior to home games this season, and the team doesn’t plan on playing it for the foreseeable future.

The Mavericks, who have an 11-14 record, have played 12 games at their home arena this season. They haven’t played the national anthem in any of their 13 preseason games, as well as those 12 regular-season matchups, including Monday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves, which was the first game with a small number of fans in the stands.

Cuban and the Mavericks didn’t publicize the removal of the national anthem prior to games, but The Athletic reached out to the team after realizing that it wasn’t played before Monday’s matchup. A number of team employees only noticed the removal of the anthem on their own, according to The Athletic. They also said that it was not announced or explained internally.

The Athletic reported that Cuban declined a request for further comment or explanation Monday evening. The Mavericks organization also declined comment Tuesday, per the website.

Link

Mark Cuban, another commie with only himself to think about.
02-10-2021 01:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Dallas Mavericks Cease Playing The National Anthem At Games
Pope

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
02-10-2021 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
RE: Dallas Mavericks Cease Playing The National Anthem At Games
The players also refuse to wear flag pins. The horror.
They probably should banned from playing basketball. This is beyond ridiculous. Do the mavericks have no shame. I'm appalled. Believe me.
02-10-2021 01:12 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(02-10-2021 01:12 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  The players also refuse to wear flag pins. The horror.
They probably should banned from playing basketball. This is beyond ridiculous. Do the mavericks have no shame. I'm appalled. Believe me.

Tell that to a Vet's face...you friggin ingrate.
02-10-2021 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(02-10-2021 01:05 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:The Dallas Mavericks have taken a stance against the playing of the national anthem.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban confirmed to The Athletic that it was his decision to no longer play the national anthem prior to home games at American Airlines Center.

Link

Mark Cuban, another commie with only himself to think about.

Mark Cuban is deep in bed with Communist China, so why should anyone expect him to care about America or American citizens?
02-10-2021 01:33 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
They really dont deserve to play it anyway, the commie filth
02-10-2021 01:33 PM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Wow, the NBA stepped in and said all teams will play it.
02-10-2021 02:38 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(02-10-2021 02:38 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Wow, the NBA stepped in and said all teams will play it.

The NBA realizes that they F'd up going all-in on the BLM, anti-American bull****. Their ratings were awful, and they will likely still be for a while. They have to work to earn back the trust of their American viewers.
02-10-2021 02:46 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(02-10-2021 02:38 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Wow, the NBA stepped in and said all teams will play it.

Great.

So now players can kneel or turn their back to the flag or do whatever SJW, woke, attention grabbing thing they can do to have sympathetic media go on about how "brave" they are for making a "statement."
02-10-2021 02:49 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
wow, the Commish lives. I do find it funny that even the NBA didn't know they hadn't played it all year.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2021 03:03 PM by fsquid.)
02-10-2021 02:50 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
02-10-2021 04:05 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(02-10-2021 04:05 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Not so fast Mark

Dallas Mavericks To Resume Playing National Anthem Following Pushback From The NBA

05-nono

Quote:"With NBA teams now in the process of welcoming fans back into their arenas, all teams will play the national anthem in keeping with longstanding league policy," said NBA Chief Communications Officer Mike Bass in a statement on Wednesday.

After the NBA issued its stance, a Mavericks representative told NPR, "The anthem will play before tonight's game."

Cuban also issued his own statement:

"We respect and always have respected the passion people have for the anthem and our country. I have always stood for the anthem with the hand over my heart – no matter where I hear it played. But we also hear the voices of those who do not feel the anthem represents them. We feel they also need to be respected and heard, because they have not been heard. The hope is that those who feel passionate about the anthem being played will be just as passionate in listening to those who do not feel it represents them."
02-10-2021 04:13 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Those who do not feel it represents them should find the nearest airport and fly to another country.
02-10-2021 04:31 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Sports is unwatchable anymore. I have watched 2 UC basketball games this season. Maybe 5-6 Bengal games just to check out Burrow. The NBA should just pick up and move to China.
02-10-2021 04:51 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-10-2021 04:51 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Sports is unwatchable anymore. I have watched 2 UC basketball games this season. Maybe 5-6 Bengal games just to check out Burrow. The NBA should just pick up and move to China.
Well yea, the Bearcats are pretty unwatchable this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
02-10-2021 05:08 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The NBA is the worst when it comes to unwatchable. Five guys throwing the ball around until somebody jacks up a 3 is like watching a game of H-O-R-S-E.

The NFL is worse in person than on TV. You don't get instant replays, at least not as many. And those endless commercial breaks when you go to the bathroom or get another beer from the fridge, the folks in the stadium are doing absolutely nothing. It really does combine the two worst aspects of American society--mass violence interrupted by committee meetings.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2021 06:07 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
02-10-2021 06:06 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Not a big deal I haven't watched that $hit show in decades.
02-10-2021 07:34 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(02-10-2021 06:06 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The NBA is the worst when it comes to unwatchable. Five guys throwing the ball around until somebody jacks up a 3 is like watching a game of H-O-R-S-E.

The NFL is worse in person than on TV. You don't get instant replays, at least not as many. And those endless commercial breaks when you go to the bathroom or get another beer from the fridge, the folks in the stadium are doing absolutely nothing. It really does combine the two worst aspects of American society--mass violence interrupted by committee meetings.

You don't notice how long the breaks are until you're sitting in the stadium waiting for the TV ref to give the ready to play signal.
02-10-2021 07:36 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-10-2021 06:06 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The NBA is the worst when it comes to unwatchable. Five guys throwing the ball around until somebody jacks up a 3 is like watching a game of H-O-R-S-E.

It got better for a while, but now it is no more interesting than the Rockets two man game when Olajuwon was there. One guard throws it back and forth to Olajuwon and the other 3 stand on the opposite side of the court to force the other team to show they were playing (what was then) an illegal zone defense.
02-10-2021 07:57 PM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
It's shameful that Cuban is being censored by the NBA.
02-10-2021 08:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.