Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Late Night Entertainment Moves Radical Left To Salvage Post-Trump Ratings
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Late Night Entertainment Moves Radical Left To Salvage Post-Trump Ratings
Quote:Virtually all of the late night ‘entertainment’ shows are now voices for the radical left. These shows used to exist for the enjoyment of all Americans, but now they parrot DNC talking points, demean traditional American beliefs, and mock anything to the right of Bernie Sanders.

They really enjoyed bashing Trump nightly, but now that he is gone they’re making up for it with other topics.

A recent episode of ‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’ targeted the nation’s founders.

Brian Flood reports at FOX News:

Stephen Colbert’s writer calls for reparations, calls Founding Fathers slave-owning ‘douche nozzles’

“The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” writer John Thibodeaux called for reparations and referred to America’s Founding Fathers as slave-owning “douche nozzles” on Thursday night.

The far-left Colbert was discussing the Biden administration’s effort to put Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill when Thibodeaux chimed in.

“It’s nice to be on the money, but we want to have the money. Recognition is nice. Reparations are better,” Thibodeaux said in a clip flagged by NewsBusters. “Plus, she won’t exactly be in the best company. You know who else is on those bills?”

Colbert began naming America’s Founding Fathers who appear on currency, starting with George Washington.

“Slave owner,” Thibodeaux interrupted.

Colbert then suggested Alexander Hamilton, who has gained fans on the left after the enormously success of the musical “Hamilton,” but Thibodeaux wasn’t a fan.

“Slave buyer,” Thibodeaux shot back.

Late Night with Seth Meyers recently went to bat for Ilhan Omar. Meyers was outraged that anyone would compare her to Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Emma Nolan writes at Newsweek:

Seth Meyers Condemns Fox for Comparing Marjorie Taylor Greene to Ilhan Omar

Seth Meyers has blasted Fox News for comparing Marjorie Taylor Greene to Ilhan Omar.

On Wednesday, Fox News’ Bill Hemmer sought to create an equivalence between the QAnon-supporting Greene and Omar.

“One might be weird and kooky…. the other is seen as racist,” Hemmer said of the two lawmakers from opposing parties.

Hemmer noted that Omar has previously faced accusations of anti-Semitism after criticizing some pro-Israel groups.

Joe Concha, who covers media for The Hill, has written an excellent analysis of this:

Without Trump, late-night ‘comedy’ becomes even more insufferable

Late-night comedy used to represent the ultimate escapism for viewers young and old: There was Carson, Letterman, Leno. Later came Stewart, Ferguson, O’Brien, Kimmel and Fallon.

Before June 2015, each of these men had a unique set of skills — skills they had acquired over very long careers. Short version: Each could make an audience laugh in his own way, aided by excellent writing staffs that could churn out quality content and A-list guests on a nightly basis.

But then Donald Trump rode down that escalator at Trump Tower, and within a short period of time became an unlikely frontrunner for the Republican nomination for president. This was an absolute Godsend, particularly for Stephen Colbert. Because at the time, the CBS late-night host was mired in third place in the TV ratings, well behind the Jimmys Fallon and Kimmel. On some nights, NBC’s 12:30 pm ET program beat his show at the friendlier 11:30 pm slot despite massive hype after being selected as Letterman’s replacement at the Ed Sullivan theater. It was looking like Chevy Chase all over again.

The reason for Colbert’s struggles was an easy one to trace: He seemed to want his show to appeal only to the half of the country that saw conservatives and Republicans as evil idiots. A Hollywood Reporter survey in November 2015 showed that only 17 percent of self-described Republicans watched Colbert. For context, Jimmy Fallon, almost entirely apolitical and the ratings winner at the time, the split was only 36-31 Democrats to Republicans.

Read the whole thing.

The hosts of these shows put their personal politics ahead of everything. It’s selfish and childish, but they don’t care. Loyalty to the left is all that matters to them.

Link
02-08-2021 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: Late Night Entertainment Moves Radical Left To Salvage Post-Trump Ratings
Conservatives don't watch these shows, they are in bed because they have to work in the morning.
02-08-2021 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I really wish all those who hate America's history, founding fathers, and constitution -dipshtts like Colbert- would go find somewhere else to live.
02-08-2021 04:52 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
I just wish they understood history instead of rewriting it.

Not all the Founders were slave owners. Some were abolitionists who wanted to rid the rid nation of slavery. The others were Democrats who wanted to own people equating them to livestock.
02-08-2021 04:57 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Anyone who watches late night shows...I discount as simpletons who vote left.
02-08-2021 05:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I miss the Arsenio Hall Show........WOO! WOO! WOO! WOO!
02-08-2021 05:05 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
I record the local CBS News @ 10. Fast forward to the Weather and sports. That's is as close to late night I get.
02-08-2021 05:39 PM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Don’t care don’t watch them
02-08-2021 06:25 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(02-08-2021 05:39 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  I record the local CBS News @ 10. Fast forward to the Weather and sports. That's is as close to late night I get.

I check the weather on my phone at least I won't have to watch those idiot Leftist news repeaters. The phone is as accurate as the ones they have on tv.
02-08-2021 07:52 PM
Advertisement

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I’m in bed by 9pm and snoozing by 10
02-10-2021 08:48 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-08-2021 04:57 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  I just wish they understood history instead of rewriting it.

Not all the Founders were slave owners. Some were abolitionists who wanted to rid the rid nation of slavery. The others were Democrats who wanted to own people equating them to livestock.

Slavery was everywhere, all over the Americas, all over the world for a very long time. Estimated that 400,000-500,000 Chinese slaves died building the Great Wall of China.
02-10-2021 08:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.