WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You All Owe Me!
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
You All Owe Me!
After Toledo scored its last touchdown, I was upset, swore at the tv, and said to myself "there's probably not much of a chance Western can win this game anyway, but I know there is no chance whatsoever we will win if I am watching", so I turned the game off, and tried to fall asleep. I couldn't, and I wanted to turn it back on, but I knew if I did we couldn't win, so I didn't. That is, I didn't until my son sent me a text saying "OMG, this is the best comeback ever. Best game I can remember ever watching", so I turned it on just to watch Toledo's last three plays.

I am not sure how everyone will want to repay me for my sacrifice. I missed the comeback solely so that we could have a comeback. And don't tell me this isn't the case. I don't know if you all would prefer just taking turns buying me lunch for the next few months?
11-12-2020 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco Sam Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Broncos
RE: You All Owe Me!
I did the same thing. I had to watch our version of Dan Marino on Espn highlights.
11-12-2020 12:24 PM
ITalian83i Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WMU
I wanted to turn it off, but stayed. Thank you for your service to the team.
11-12-2020 12:40 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Oh ye of little faith...
11-12-2020 12:42 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

(11-12-2020 12:42 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Oh ye of little faith...

Lol. You too were less than confident, I am sure.
11-12-2020 03:45 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2020 03:45 PM)brovol Wrote:  

"It ain't over 'til it's over."

So many of your posts seem that you believe we can't win as long as Lester is coach with his play-calling.

Fair?
11-12-2020 04:48 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(11-12-2020 04:48 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  
(11-12-2020 03:45 PM)brovol Wrote:  

"It ain't over 'til it's over."

So many of your posts seem that you believe we can't win as long as Lester is coach with his play-calling.

Fair?

I believe we can win with lester. We, in my mind, would win more if Lester made better decisions though. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but I think Lester manages games very poorly, and I believe last night he managed poorly. I assume it was Esposito who managed the defense, and our defense looked terrible, notwithstanding the win.

We need to be aggressive on offense, and on defense. We need to take more chances on both sides of the ball. We make bad offenses look good far too often, and make good offenses look incredible.

Honestly, I have tried to lay low with my comments, and be less critical. Didn't say a thing during the game, or after, until now. I'm excited about the win, and certainly think we could, and perhaps should, win the MAC West, and championship. Whether that happens, I think, will come down too how Lester manages the rest of our games.

I do wish we were playing a more full season. Would be nice to know how we match up against teams from other conferences. With only a six game schedule, I wonder how attractive MAC teams will be to bowls. My guess is, not very.
11-12-2020 05:09 PM
Advertisement

Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa
I think this year's bowl situation will be a whole different animal. Without fans in the stands, and visitors spending big bucks for lodging and entertainment, the schools without huge traveling fan support may look more attractive to bowl committees.
11-12-2020 05:18 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

make better decisions

take more chances

be more aggressive

In other words when Lester calls a play and it doesn't work - bad decision, not aggressive enough (any run play), should've taken a chance (any pass or gadget play)?

Got it.

WE SCORED 41 POINTS against one of the best teams in MAC!

As far as Esposito and defense - you do realize we held UT to 14 points in 2nd Half playing without three starters - and WE WON?!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020 05:27 PM by MajorHoople.)
11-12-2020 05:25 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

I think Esposito had a good game plan: let Peters try to beat us. We stuck to it. I didn’t think we did a great job executing it at times, though the injuries hurt. We couldn’t pressure Peters. They didn’t get down on themselves, though, and Toledo is a great MAC offense, though dinged up on the line.

The offense played fairly well, the only glaring error I saw was trying to run it too much on the third downs. Bottom line is we beat the top team in the West, and we did it despite being screwed over by refs in huge ways multiple times. Have we ever done that? Not in my time.

I like the staff’s game plans and halftime adjustments, but what they need to improve more is the confidence level. Hopefully this amazing finish goes a long way there.
11-12-2020 06:31 PM
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

I’ll add it’s not these guys ever quit under Lester, and they are confident enough to win comebacks and tight games. It’s just sometimes they look to me like they overestimate their opponents.

I think it goes back to a Fleck-centered program where the juice revolves around him, but now it has got to come from the players. I remember Lester saying he was a little shocked how quiet the team was after his first game. I think these players are good enough to believe they are elite and we will beat any team if we execute.
11-12-2020 06:38 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I just can’t stay awake to save my life. Which is a great way to die peacefully in your sleep. Which is nice.
11-12-2020 07:21 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

(11-12-2020 07:21 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  I just can’t stay awake to save my life. Which is a great way to die peacefully in your sleep. Which is nice.

I legitimately debated turning it off after the last Toledo TD to get some sleep
11-12-2020 09:49 PM
induction Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-12-2020 12:15 PM)brovol Wrote:  I am not sure how everyone will want to repay me for my sacrifice.

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
11-13-2020 09:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.