When You Lose CNN
10-11-2020 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
RE: When You Lose CNN
Biden said before that he do not believe in doing this. He is not like Trump and the Republicans filling the benches of way far-right judges who do not follow the Constitutional 100%. These activist judges on the right are attacking the Constitution especially the 14th Amendent to a point shutting them out from voting with the Republicans' voting laws that disenfranchise a lot of people.
10-11-2020 10:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
lulz David St sees the writing on the wall. 4 more years of required employment for him.
10-11-2020 10:25 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Democrats figure they will never be called on it so they keep telling the big lie.

Republican politicians need to keep tweeting facts like crazy.
29 times opening in election year. 29 times president appointed a judge.

I don't remember the exact numbers but I think its:
18 times opening with President and Senate Majority. 17 times approved.

The only time it wasn't approved was when LBJ tried to promote the really controversial Supreme Court Judge Abe Fortas to Chief Justice. He eventually withdrew his nomination. When he withdrew his nomination, his seat was no longer open, so that appointment was automatically dropped.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020 10:43 AM by bullet.)
10-11-2020 10:40 AM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(10-11-2020 10:00 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Biden said before that he do not believe in doing this. He is not like Trump and the Republicans filling the benches of way far-right judges who do not follow the Constitutional 100%. These activist judges on the right are attacking the Constitution especially the 14th Amendent to a point shutting them out from voting with the Republicans' voting laws that disenfranchise a lot of people.

You are right... Biden is not like Trump.
He (or Kamala when he is deemed unfit) will fill the benches and pack the Court with way far-left judges who do not follow the Constitution, instead interpretting it to fit their agendas and biases, and will legislate from the Bench.

Ginsburg, Sotomayor, Kagan, Breyer believe the Constitution is a "living Constitution," and ascribe to the idea that the values outlined by the framers must be molded to apply to our modern society. They interpret and kind find all kinds of Rights in the Constitution.

Originalists like Scalia, Thomas, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and Amy Coney Barrett believe judges should determine the framers' original intent in the words of the Constitution, and strictly adhere to them.

Based on the above: which group do you think are the "more activist" judges and which group is more likely to follow the Consitution strictly as you seem to be advocating for?
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020 10:42 AM by mptnstr@44.)
10-11-2020 10:40 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
10-11-2020 10:56 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(10-11-2020 10:00 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Biden said before that he do not believe in doing this. He is not like Trump and the Republicans filling the benches of way far-right judges who do not follow the Constitutional 100%. These activist judges on the right are attacking the Constitution especially the 14th Amendent to a point shutting them out from voting with the Republicans' voting laws that disenfranchise a lot of people.

David, it’s the left judges who are far left radical activist who rule on cases using emotion rather than handing down solid reasoned positions anchored steadfastly to the law. Why do you think so many anti-Trump court decisions keep getting overturned? Hell, one recent anti-Trump decision was overturned 9-0 by the Supreme Court. How is possible to have a judicial system so filled with bad unconstitutional activist judges that a clearly unconstitutional decision has to wind its way all the way to the Supreme Court where not a SINGLE justice agreed with it? That’s why that SC court must be filled with constitutionalist. Of all the courts, the SC must get it right. It must rule on the law and not emotion—-even RBG understood that as she was part of that 9-0 decision.

You need to turn off the hate spewing CNN/MSNBC stuff. That’s how people get killed. When CNN describes people as subhuman just because they disagree with them, people like you start thinking it’s ok to kill them. No good will result from the hate speech people like Lemon, Tapper, Obnerman, and their ilk are spewing. People who seem to think it’s ok to shoot and kill Trump voters is why I don’t have a Trump sign in my yard, in fact, nobody beyond my immediate family even knows I support him—including pollsters (been called twice in the last few months and declined to answer the poll questions both times).
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020 11:25 AM by Attackcoog.)
10-11-2020 11:18 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
David kind of reminds me of Baghdad Bob.
10-11-2020 11:24 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Hahah she tried to just keep talking so time would run out it looked like to me.

As always Davey spouting LUDACRIS. BTW, another big get for the Biden campaign LMFAO.

They are conservative judges not far right. Everyone knows Trump socially is a moderate and economically more of a conservative. Conservative judges tend to interpret the constitution close to what the words actually say. Liberal judges tend more to interpret as what they think the words could also mean or how they may have written them today. Often times just doing what they want. Simple as that. 14th amendment are you serious?
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020 11:28 AM by natibeast21.)
10-11-2020 11:24 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
If this lady is getting run over by Tapper she is terrible at her job
10-11-2020 01:38 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Soon MSNBC will say Tapper was on CNN mansplaining to her.
10-11-2020 01:42 PM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(10-11-2020 01:38 PM)solohawks Wrote:  If this lady is getting run over by Tapper she is terrible at her job

She thought she was in safe territory. Safe from being asked actual legitimate questions. Damn that Tapper. How was she to know that he temporarily got sane?
10-11-2020 01:45 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(10-11-2020 10:25 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  lulz David St sees the writing on the wall. 4 more years of required employment for him.

I will buy you season tickets to Memphis football and basketball if David can show us his pay stub over a period of 4 months (any 4 straight months in 2019). No one can watch as much TV as this man does and hold a fulltime job.
10-11-2020 01:52 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(10-11-2020 10:40 AM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  

He (or Kamala when he is deemed unfit) will fill the benches and pack the Court with way far-left judges who do not follow the Constitution, instead interpretting it to fit their agendas and biases, and will legislate from the Bench.

Ginsburg, Sotomayor, Kagan, Breyer believe the Constitution is a "living Constitution," and ascribe to the idea that the values outlined by the framers must be molded to apply to our modern society. They interpret and kind find all kinds of Rights in the Constitution.

Originalists like Scalia, Thomas, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and Amy Coney Barrett believe judges should determine the framers' original intent in the words of the Constitution, and strictly adhere to them.

Based on the above: which group do you think are the "more activist" judges and which group is more likely to follow the Consitution strictly as you seem to be advocating for?

Where those "living Constitution" judges go off the rail is with their thinking, its up to them, to right what ever wrongs they see in the Constitution. Its not up to them its up to congress/the states to add to it for modern times.
10-11-2020 02:00 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(10-11-2020 02:00 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(10-11-2020 10:40 AM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  

Where those "living Constitution" judges go off the rail is with their thinking, its up to them, to right what ever wrongs they see in the Constitution. Its not up to them its up to congress/the states to add to it for modern times.

^winner. give that man a cigar.
10-11-2020 02:06 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(10-11-2020 10:25 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  lulz David St sees the writing on the wall. 4 more years of required employment for him.

I don't see why that might Ps him off. There's many, many job where he can do a certain job sitting on his fat duff. Telemarketers galore, my friend. Show some pride and go get yourself one of those, it'll do wonders for your self esteem. It might even get you a girlfriend...or boyfriend whatever floats your boat. Afterall, Trump didn't do what a certain poster that doesn't post here anymore said about gay concentration camps. You can still find one, a gay boy.
10-11-2020 02:19 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

Us folks on the right WANT conservative justices.

And we finally now know that to fight the radleftist commie dems it's all glove off.

We want as many conservative judges who understand the Original Intent of the Constitution appointed as quickly as possible in order to take the courts back from radical leftist judges.

so... Rock on, Trump!
10-11-2020 02:32 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

(10-11-2020 11:24 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  Hahah she tried to just keep talking so time would run out it looked like to me.

As always Davey spouting LUDACRIS. BTW, another big get for the Biden campaign LMFAO.

They are conservative judges not far right. Everyone knows Trump socially is a moderate and economically more of a conservative. Conservative judges tend to interpret the constitution close to what the words actually say. Liberal judges tend more to interpret as what they think the words could also mean or how they may have written them today. Often times just doing what they want. Simple as that. 14th amendment are you serious?

"Conservative judges tend to interpret the constitution close to what the words actually say. Liberal judges tend more to interpret as what they think the words could also mean or how they may have written them today. Often times just doing what they want. Simple as that."

Someone asked why there were so many versions of the Holy Bible. Because Liberal "pastors and theologians" don't like certain parts of it so they change whatever they don't like to whatever they wish the Bible to say which is what THEY want it to say. It's the same thing with Liberal judges in the courts today. A great example is the Ninth Circuit court if that's the one in California, I can't remember and I don't want to look it up. I'm lazy, I just got out of the kitchen.
10-11-2020 02:39 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

(10-11-2020 01:42 PM)Chappy Wrote:  Soon MSNBC will say Tapper was on CNN mansplaining to her.

So, is Tapper the Chris Wallace of CNN? Should they change places?
10-11-2020 02:41 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

(10-11-2020 02:32 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

Us folks on the right WANT conservative justices.

And we finally now know that to fight the radleftist commie dems it's all glove off.

We want as many conservative judges who understand the Original Intent of the Constitution appointed as quickly as possible in order to take the courts back from radical leftist judges.

so... Rock on, Trump!

...and that's exactly why I held my nose and voted for Trump and the other reason was I sure wasn't going to vote for that corrupt witch running against him. He got two judges and hopefully a third and that's all I wanted...then. I still want more winning and he's kept everyone of his promises. I'll bet when he is reelected health care will be his next goal.
10-11-2020 02:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.