Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I was dead wrong about Pence
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
I was dead wrong about Pence
Much like I was wrong about Trump.

Pence could absolutely win a general election and become POTUS.

He is smooth, detailed and comes off so strong and calm. He is really good at responding to those sharp, often unfair attacks.

A perfect follow up after 8 years of Trump. He will be just what the doctor ordered in 2024.
10-08-2020 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: I was dead wrong about Pence
NuUH! Didn't you hear about the fly on his head being the mark of Satan, and all his Mansplaining?
10-08-2020 12:15 PM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(10-08-2020 12:15 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  NuUH! Didn't you hear about the fly on his head being the mark of Satan, and all his Mansplaining?

ikr? lol
10-08-2020 12:18 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Pence did a masterful job of answering the questions that should have been asked, and didnt touch the gotcha left questions that were hurled his way.
10-08-2020 12:30 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Overall he did great, he should have pushed back harder about the made up "suckers and losers" story and should have brought up Hunter Biden during the China segment.
10-08-2020 12:30 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Nah, I'm still with Barr or Pompeo. Heck, Pompeo is so well versed in the intricacies of foreign issues that it would come easy for him to be president. As a running mate I like the South Dakota governor. Man, she is easy on the eyes.

Speaking of easy on the eyes, can you imagine Wasser Whatever as your president? UGH, with large letters, she would be the complete opposite.
10-08-2020 12:35 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Pence politely savaged Kammy and there wasn't a dang thing she could do about it.
10-08-2020 01:13 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
EDIT: Wrong thread
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020 06:59 PM by Bronco'14.)
10-08-2020 06:59 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
The Conversion Therapy and Religious Restriction stuff he promoted in Indiana would be messier to deal with than anything Trump threw out there given the underlying animosity both of those things bring out in crazies on both sides, but he is clearly a "politician" in a way that Trump isn't...for better or worse depending on your taste. His economic record in Indiana would be a bit of a speed bump too when comparing to other GOP options with stronger numbers.
10-09-2020 10:13 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(10-09-2020 10:13 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  The Conversion Therapy and Religious Restriction stuff he promoted in Indiana would be messier to deal with than anything Trump threw out there given the underlying animosity both of those things bring out in crazies on both sides, but he is clearly a "politician" in a way that Trump isn't...for better or worse depending on your taste. His economic record in Indiana would be a bit of a speed bump too when comparing to other GOP options with stronger numbers.

Oh yes, the HORROR of actually allowing people to seek therapy because they don't want to be attracted to the same sex.

>>>>THE HORROR<<<<<<<<

The HORROR of allowing Christian owned business to decline and not be FORCED to cater to gay weddings or close up shop.

>>>>THE HORROR<<<<<<<<

This is how the intolerant left operates, they try to FORCE their beliefs on you and punish you when you refuse to comply.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2020 10:38 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
10-09-2020 10:34 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(10-09-2020 10:34 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 10:13 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  The Conversion Therapy and Religious Restriction stuff he promoted in Indiana would be messier to deal with than anything Trump threw out there given the underlying animosity both of those things bring out in crazies on both sides, but he is clearly a "politician" in a way that Trump isn't...for better or worse depending on your taste. His economic record in Indiana would be a bit of a speed bump too when comparing to other GOP options with stronger numbers.

Oh yes, the HORROR of actually allowing people to seek therapy because they don't want to be attracted to the same sex.

>>>>THE HORROR<<<<<<<<

The HORROR of allowing Christian owned business to decline and not be FORCED to cater to gay weddings or close up shop.

>>>>THE HORROR<<<<<<<<

This is how the intolerant left operates, they try to FORCE their beliefs on you and punish you when you refuse to comply.

Yes, I'm a reasonable person who thinks people should be able to do all of those things should they desire it (parents forcing minors into conversion therapy is a different animal IMO, but that's their perrogative)...I'm saying it would be messy to have to deal with the blowback of that stuff in the media/campaign and to try to win back some more socially liberal independent voters.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2020 10:48 AM by BearcatMan.)
10-09-2020 10:47 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis

How would his economic record be a speed bump? IN's gdp was the highest it had ever been under Pence, and unemployment dropped, despite living under an Obama stagnant recovery.
10-09-2020 11:01 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(10-09-2020 10:47 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

>>>>THE HORROR<<<<<<<<

>>>>THE HORROR<<<<<<<<

Yes, I'm a reasonable person who thinks people should be able to do all of those things should they desire it (parents forcing minors into conversion therapy is a different animal IMO, but that's their perrogative)...I'm saying it would be messy to have to deal with the blowback of that stuff in the media/campaign and to try to win back some more socially liberal independent voters.

My intent was not to challenge you personally but the absurdity and blatant intolerance of these positions.

Parents are allowed to send kids to all sorts of camps and classes and other things the minor may not want, but they are a MINOR until the age of 18. That is a dangerous game to play when the state says it can come between the parent child relationship like this.

I can already tell you without a doubt that 90% of Christians would support protections to allow the child to not be forced into spending their entire teen years in conversion therapy, but the parents absolutely should have the right to send their 15 year old child to a Christian therapy for homosexuality if they see fit at least ONCE.

The idea that they can't or that it is abuse is ASININE and is a typical example of the dishonest intolerance the left practices on these issues.

We also know the issue goes WAY beyond minors, the left just see that angle as the most opportune way to attack ALL conversion therapy or religious support for those people.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2020 11:28 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
10-09-2020 11:16 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

If we refuse to stand up to that hyper-intolerance from the left on thee issues then we are flat out caving to it.

Cowering away from them is just as bad as supporting them because the result is the same.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2020 11:20 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
10-09-2020 11:19 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(10-09-2020 11:01 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

How would his economic record be a speed bump? IN's gdp was the highest it had ever been under Pence, and unemployment dropped, despite living under an Obama stagnant recovery.

His economy grew at a significantly lower rate than those of many of his bordering states during his tenure and he lost a lot of jobs in the same span. People find things to pick at with any numbers from either side...you and I both know that.
10-09-2020 11:27 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(10-09-2020 11:25 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 11:16 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 10:47 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

>>>>THE HORROR<<<<<<<<

>>>>THE HORROR<<<<<<<<

My intent was not to challenge you personally but the absurdity and blatant intolerance of these positions.

Parents are allowed to send kids to all sorts of camps and classes and other things the minor may not want, but they are a MINOR until the age of 18. That is a dangerous game to play when the state says it can come between the parent child relationship like this.

I can already tell you without a doubt that 90% of Christians would support protections to allow the child to not be forced into spending their entire teen years in conversion therapy, but the parents absolutely should have the right to send their 15 year old child to a Christian therapy for homosexuality if they see fit at least ONCE.

The idea that they can't or that it is abuse is ASININE and is a typical example of the dishonest intolerance the left practices on these issues.

We also know the issue goes WAY beyond minors, the left just see that angle as the most opportune way to attack ALL conversion theory or religious support for those people.

Completely agree with all you said.

04-cheers

Just ranting at the left here, not you.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2020 11:36 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
10-09-2020 11:30 AM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(10-09-2020 11:27 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

His economy grew at a significantly lower rate than those of many of his bordering states during his tenure and he lost a lot of jobs in the same span. People find things to pick at with any numbers from either side...you and I both know that.

Pence was governor from 2013-2017. Indiana's GDP/capita growth from 2014-2018 was 13thin the country. Its population growth (25th) was the fastest in the Midwest other than the shale boom states of Minnesota and the Dakotas.

If you rank total GDP growth while Pence was governor, Indiana finished 20th. The rest of the Midwest was between 15th and 30th, but Kansas and Kentucky were 36th and 37th. Illinois was 42nd.

Pence should WANT to talk about the stark contrast between Indiana's fiscal responsibility and the budget crisis in neighboring Illinois and Detroit.
10-09-2020 12:30 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(10-09-2020 12:30 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(10-09-2020 11:27 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Pence was governor from 2013-2017. Indiana's GDP/capita growth from 2014-2018 was 13thin the country. Its population growth (25th) was the fastest in the Midwest other than the shale boom states of Minnesota and the Dakotas.

If you rank total GDP growth while Pence was governor, Indiana finished 20th. The rest of the Midwest was between 15th and 30th, but Kansas and Kentucky were 36th and 37th. Illinois was 42nd.

Pence should WANT to talk about the stark contrast between Indiana's fiscal responsibility and the budget crisis in neighboring Illinois and Detroit.

I'm assuming that was a Freudian slip...many of us just assume Michigan and Detroit are the same thing at this point 03-lmfao.

Please note in my initial comment that I was comparing his numbers to his contemporaries in the GOP. There are many GOP Governors who have much stronger economic records than he does. Ohio, in the same time Pence was governor, had a gross real GDP growth roughly double that of Pence and both Michigan and Ohio overperformed Indiana in real GPA growth from FY13-FY16. Hell, if we're looking at Red States during that period, Utah, Tennessee, Georgia, Texas, Iowa, Florida, Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, and South Carolina all did better than Indiana in that time and in the Great Lakes Region, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio all had higher performing economies. Yes, part of that is due to social economies and the economy of scale in states being quite different, but again...not many people look at anything past face value in a political argument anymore.

Yes, I realize gross numbers and percentage growth are very different ways to assess...but the key is that there are many dummies who don't understand that, and that's my primary argument, up against other GOP Governors or major Senate faces, he doesn't have the personality, economic history, or lack of Liberal 'lynchpining' topics that they would.

I guess my point is, sure he could win the General, but I could see him not having a chance in a primary with all of the stuff he would have to deal with in and his lack of charisma in comparison to other potential candidates. Were I to be a betting man, I would guess Tom Cotton would have the best shot followed behind by Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley and Pence with a few oddities, names like Tucker Carlson or Josh Hawley maybe finding a way into the discussion.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2020 01:16 PM by BearcatMan.)
10-09-2020 12:58 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
I will say I like pence better than Trump…
10-09-2020 01:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I believe that a rising star on the right is S. Dakota Governor Noem. Who knows if she would even be interested in running in 2024 or ever.
10-09-2020 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.