Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News DC Wants to Remove...the Washington Monument
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
DC Wants to Remove...the Washington Monument
Quote:I know we’re all talking about Joe Biden’s speech in Pittsburgh, which once again showed that his mind has devolved into applesauce, along with the leftist riots that continue to engulf the nation, but we have new political correctness news. Apparently, a DC committee convened by Mayor Muriel Bowser has recommended that the Washington Monument, among other federal memorials in the city, should be marked for removal, relocation, or contextualization. No, you cannot make this up (via WaPo):

A committee reporting to D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser recommends renaming dozens of public schools, parks and government buildings in the nation’s capital, after studying the historical namesakes’ connections to slavery and oppression.

The honorees whom the committee says should not have public works named for them include presidents Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor and Woodrow Wilson; Revolutionary leader Benjamin Franklin; inventor Alexander Graham Bell; and national anthem writer Francis Scott Key.

“We believe strongly that all District of Columbia owned public spaces, facilities and commemorative works should only honor those individuals who exemplified those values such as equity, opportunity and diversity that DC residents hold dear,” the committee’s chairs, Bowser advisor Beverly Perry and public library director Richard Reyes-Gavilan, wrote in a letter introducing their report.

This is crap. Pure and simple. This is about the erasure of American history, so for all those folks who decided to sit out and let these clowns take down Confederate statues because these were bad, bad people, well, this was the only logical conclusion of that push. It was never about the Confederacy. This is about our history, our founding, and the Left’s prolonged attempt to wipe it away and rewrite it through an insane woke lens. And whether we like it or not, the Confederacy is part of American history. In fact, it’s a huge part, being that the civil war was probably one of the most moral conflicts this nation ever fought. Also, the Confederacy produced some of the finest military officers this nation ever produced.

But attacking them was just the first salvo with regards to their real target: Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and the rest of the Founding Fathers.

Link

This is why DC can never be a state.
09-01-2020 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: DC Wants to Remove...the Washington Monument
Simple solution disband DC give the MD territory back to MD let it become part of Columbia, give the VA territory back to VA it can become part of Arlington or Alexandria. The Federal buildings would be policed by capital police and secret service, they would have jurisdiction over streets that connect federal property as well. It's a win/win DC residents get the House and Senate representation they've been demanding and the rest of the US can enjoy the elimination of one of the worst run cities in the US.
09-01-2020 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Remove, relocate or contextualize....what the heck does “contextualize” them even mean?

Stop the Earth...I want off.
09-01-2020 04:44 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(09-01-2020 04:32 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Simple solution disband DC give the MD territory back to MD let it become part of Columbia, give the VA territory back to VA it can become part of Arlington or Alexandria. The Federal buildings would be policed by capital police and secret service, they would have jurisdiction over streets that connect federal property as well. It's a win/win DC residents get the House and Senate representation they've been demanding and the rest of the US can enjoy the elimination of one of the worst run cities in the US.

Yeah but then the Dems dont get 2 senators so that doesn't work
09-01-2020 04:46 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(09-01-2020 04:44 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Remove, relocate or contextualize....what the heck does “contextualize” them even mean?

It probably just means putting up a plaque explaining all of Washington's faults.
09-01-2020 04:49 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(09-01-2020 04:44 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Remove, relocate or contextualize....what the heck does “contextualize” them even mean?

It probably just means putting up a plaque explaining all of Washington's faults.
09-01-2020 04:49 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(09-01-2020 04:32 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Simple solution disband DC give the MD territory back to MD let it become part of Columbia, give the VA territory back to VA it can become part of Arlington or Alexandria. The Federal buildings would be policed by capital police and secret service, they would have jurisdiction over streets that connect federal property as well. It's a win/win DC residents get the House and Senate representation they've been demanding and the rest of the US can enjoy the elimination of one of the worst run cities in the US.

Arlington is the Virginia part. It was given back 200 years ago.

That's why DC is 67 square miles instead of the original 100.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020 04:55 PM by bullet.)
09-01-2020 04:52 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Someone should probably tell those dolts that the National Mall and Monument Parks (you know, where the Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial, etc are located) are not only federally owned but are in fact part of the administration of the National Park Service.

Stupid really should hurt.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020 04:56 PM by rath v2.0.)
09-01-2020 04:56 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
This has GOT to stop
09-01-2020 05:05 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(09-01-2020 04:52 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Even better give it all to forever BLUE MD.
09-01-2020 05:21 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Remember when it was just those mean old Confederate soldiers.

They want war.
09-01-2020 05:25 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(09-01-2020 05:21 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  
(09-01-2020 04:52 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Even better give it all to forever BLUE MD.

Maryland already has three senators. NM's Jr. (Dem) senator moved their permanently in 2013.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020 05:33 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
09-01-2020 05:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Seems like I remember someone saying they’d come for Washington and jefferson. Can’t remember who it was that said it, but I know he was mocked by the libtards for it. Maybe it was the guy who currently occupies Gw & TJs old office. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020 05:40 PM by MemTigers1998.)
09-01-2020 05:40 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(09-01-2020 05:40 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Seems like I remember someone saying they’d come for Washington and jefferson. Can’t remember who it was that said it, but I know he was mocked by the libtards for it. Maybe it was the guy who currently occupies Gw & TJs old office. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

Let's see....hes magnificent and orange
09-01-2020 05:44 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I've got a better idea. Name the new sewage plant the Muriel Bowser sh!thouse.

They've all gone mental. Maroons, all of them.
09-01-2020 07:11 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
“We believe strongly that all District of Columbia owned public spaces, facilities and commemorative works should only honor those individuals who exemplified those values such as equity, opportunity and diversity that DC residents hold dear,” the committee’s chairs, Bowser advisor Beverly Perry and public library director Richard Reyes-Gavilan, wrote in a letter introducing their report."

In her thinking she would probably would want to erect a statue of Krappernick. Betcha.
09-01-2020 09:15 PM
Advertisement

memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(09-01-2020 09:15 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  “We believe strongly that all District of Columbia owned public spaces, facilities and commemorative works should only honor those individuals who exemplified those values such as equity, opportunity and diversity that DC residents hold dear,” the committee’s chairs, Bowser advisor Beverly Perry and public library director Richard Reyes-Gavilan, wrote in a letter introducing their report."

In her thinking she would probably would want to erect a statue of Krappernick. Betcha.

Yep. Just wait for it.
09-02-2020 05:51 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(09-01-2020 05:25 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Remember when it was just those mean old Confederate soldiers.

They want war.

Remember when some of us said it won't end there?
09-02-2020 06:07 AM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
(09-01-2020 04:49 PM)Chappy Wrote:  

Or it becomes the Slavery Memorial Monument (there could still be a plaque explaining all of Washington's faults)
09-02-2020 06:47 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
If the Dems don't like the Father of America, they should all move somewhere else and start their own country. Please. Go. I promise we will be better off without each and every one of you here.
09-02-2020 07:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.