Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Unintended Consequences of De-Funding the Police
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Unintended Consequences of De-Funding the Police
The deep thinkers in Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and other states/cities that are pushing to defund the police either entirely or severely cut their budgets are probably not thinking what could come of their short- sightedness.

Quote:Trucking Company Owner: Cities That Defund Police Are in for a Big Surprise

Cities that decide to cut their police funding could be cutting their own supply lines, too.

That was the message a trucking executive carried to “Fox & Friends First” on Wednesday, and it’s something urban politicians — in the thrall of Black Lives Matter rioters and antifa anarchists — should be seriously considering unless they think citizens can start growing their own food.

Because if it’s not safe for truckers to carry goods — they just might not do it. And trucking companies won’t be willing to risk the business.

“Our first priority is to support our drivers and their safety when they’re on the road,” Mike Kucharski, co-owner of Summit, Illinois-based JKC Trucking, told the Fox program.

“Defunding the police is a bad idea because when you’re on the road, you have — you’re for weeks and days at a time, driving 11 hours with valuable cargo, everybody wants to steal this.”

On the road, Kucharski said, “There’s no safe place. Violence is everywhere. So, if you’re going to be having valuable cargo and there’s going to be no police to rely on, who’s going to protect our drivers?

“The states that are going to defund the police, we’re not going to go to because we’re trying to avoid those states for safety reasons.”

“These drivers have the right to refuse a load because they are worried about their own safety,” Kucharski told conservative, Wisconsin-based radio host Vicki McKenna in a June 30 interview, according to a JKC Trucking news release.

“If these drivers all refuse to go into these areas, the food supply chain collapses. There’s going to be no more essential goods. The people in these states are going to run out of food. Then there’s going to be complete chaos. I’d say 72 hours and that’s it. The party’s over.”

Quote:“What are we supposed to do when we’re in trouble?” Kucharski asked the Daily Caller in an interview published Monday.

“I mean … somebody wants to hijack the truck? Somebody beats up a driver? You know, hurts my driver? We’re not going to be able to help them, and we’re not going to be able to provide the backup for them to be safe.”

It’s an angle to the urban unrest story that’s gotten too little coverage in the mainstream media — probably because most politicians and mainstream journalists don’t think much about where the food and other goods on store shelves actually come from.

(It’s somewhat similar to how the Green New Deal crowd seems to think electricity comes from a wall socket.)

But real people driving real vehicles bring in just about everything the population of a city like Minneapolis or New York needs to survive.

If those men and women have to worry about their lives, or companies have to worry about their employees and their cargo, it’s going to complicate things more than most liberals probably want to think about.

But there’s a simple way to explain it: Cutting off police might be cutting off their own supplies, too.

Trucking Company Owner: Cities That Defund Police Are In For A Big Surprise

This is only ONE of the unintended consequences. Here are some others.

1) Trucks may not deliver essential goods, including food.

2) Crime is rising rapidly.

3) There are already thousands of folks fleeing the big cities that are talking about this nonsense. The demand for housing has dropped.

4) Businesses are starting to leave as well. Real Estate prices are dropping.

5) If Insurance Companies will EVEN WRITE a homeowners policy in a city with a defunded police department and high crime, it will be very expensive.

6) Those with the financial means will leave. Only those unable to leave will be left. These are the people who will be depending on city services funded by a shrinking tax base.

THIS IS HOW CITIES DIE.
08-07-2020 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Unintended Consequences of De-Funding the Police
It's already happening in NYC. Mario's eldest idiot son is already begging people to move back into the City, which of course they won't do. Why? Cause they don't need to. This WuFlu showed them how they can work effectively from their mansion in the Hamptons, Ct., Pa., Jersey etc. Hell, they can likely work from their Fl. home if they'd like.

To the bolded- "probably because most politicians and mainstream journalists don’t think much about where the food and other goods on store shelves actually come from."

Sure they do. We saw proof of that in that story just last week.

It comes from GrubHub or Amazon. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020 01:48 PM by JMUDunk.)
08-07-2020 01:46 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(08-07-2020 01:46 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  It's already happening in NYC. Mario's eldest idiot son is already begging people to move back into the City, which of course they won't do. Why? Cause they don't need to. This WuFlu showed them how they can work effectively from their mansion in the Hamptons, Ct., Pa., Jersey etc. Hell, they can likely work from their Fl. home if they'd like.

All the rich folks are leaving. DeBlasio doesn't like them but even he knows that the city budget needs them badly. Cuomo is begging them to come back which I find hilarious. If you had that much $$ why would you want to live where the city wants to hike your already high taxes even higher and the city leadership is slashing police budgets leading to dramatically rising crime? Makes no sense to a normal person. But those two political clowns are not normal to me. I guess it is normal for NYC.
08-08-2020 04:32 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
What? You said Karma...yep, that's what it is. Serves them right, and the only ones I fear for are the innocent ones that don't have a say in this and never voted for these idiots. But hey, they want to live there. If those truckers really do what they threaten it'll be the real story of mayhem.
08-08-2020 07:59 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Good
08-08-2020 08:24 PM
Siborg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bowling Green
(08-08-2020 07:59 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  What? You said Karma...yep, that's what it is. Serves them right, and the only ones I fear for are the innocent ones that don't have a say in this and never voted for these idiots. But hey, they want to live there. If those truckers really do what they threaten it'll be the real story of mayhem.

Its not a threat. Its a logical conclusion based on expected circumstances. As safety and security decline so does legal commerce.
08-08-2020 09:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.