07-14-2020 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
RE: Sen Riverboat Gambler
Yep. Jones will be the only Senate seat the GOP has a chance to flip in November, and it's pretty much a certainty.
07-14-2020 08:22 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(07-14-2020 08:22 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Yep. Jones will be the only Senate seat the GOP has a chance to flip in November, and it's pretty much a certainty.

There are several with a shot. Jones is the only likely one, but Minnesota, Michigan, New Mexico, Virginia, and New Hampshire are all within range. New Mexico doesn't have an incumbent and the others won with from 49-53% of the vote.
07-14-2020 08:27 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(07-14-2020 08:27 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(07-14-2020 08:22 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Yep. Jones will be the only Senate seat the GOP has a chance to flip in November, and it's pretty much a certainty.

There are several with a shot. Jones is the only likely one, but Minnesota, Michigan, New Mexico, Virginia, and New Hampshire are all within range. New Mexico doesn't have an incumbent and the others won with from 49-53% of the vote.

Yes, I should have said likely. The others are possible, but not likely, at the moment.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020 08:39 PM by TripleA.)
07-14-2020 08:37 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-14-2020 08:19 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Tuberville wins over Sessions

Anyone with a R beside their name beats Doug Jones

Yeah Tubby got our votes, but I swear we had absolutely no choice in this one.

Dough (pronounced Doh!) Jones is a lying freebies for the welfare crowd guy who has thrice tried to borrow against the State Retirement fund which is one of very few in the U.S. that is wholly solvent and untouched. He's a classic lying liberal wanting to buy votes with other people's earnings.

Jeff Sessions cost us all dearly and doesn't deserve the time of day and God only knows where his loyalties lie to this day.

But Tubberville was a concern as well. He never made a public speech that I heard, his promises were to support Trump, the Wall, and some other platitude I can't recall and that was it on every ad. My concern for Tubby is I still don't know who his handlers are or where he got his money and that kind of stuff bothers me.

I know Trump supported him os that's all we had to go on.

So I had a lying liberal who ran on supporting Trump when Moore was sabotaged by a woman who disappeared after the election. The Doug went straight party line with the leftist losers in Washington. Sessions who screwed the pooch, and Tubby basically running a Charlie McCarthy campaign complete with moving mouth voiceover, and strings.

It's all a big we'll see! I doubt we hear a word out of Tubby until the November election is over, but no doubt he'll get my vote.
07-14-2020 08:40 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I think he'll do a good job.

He'll have staffers to do all the real work for him. All he has to do is say "aye".
07-14-2020 08:47 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(07-14-2020 08:40 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Dough (pronounced Doh!) Jones is a lying freebies for the welfare crowd guy who has thrice tried to borrow against the State Retirement fund which is one of very few in the U.S. that is wholly solvent and untouched. He's a classic lying liberal wanting to buy votes with other people's earnings.

Jeff Sessions cost us all dearly and doesn't deserve the time of day and God only knows where his loyalties lie to this day.

But Tubberville was a concern as well. He never made a public speech that I heard, his promises were to support Trump, the Wall, and some other platitude I can't recall and that was it on every ad. My concern for Tubby is I still don't know who his handlers are or where he got his money and that kind of stuff bothers me.

So I had a lying liberal who ran on supporting Trump when Moore was sabotaged by a woman who disappeared after the election. The Doug went straight party line with the leftist losers in Washington. Sessions who screwed the pooch, and Tubby basically running a Charlie McCarthy campaign complete with moving mouth voiceover, and strings.

It's all a big we'll see! I doubt we hear a word out of Tubby until the November election is over, but no doubt he'll get my vote.

We have the same issue in Tennessee with Trump endorsee Bill Haggerty. However, we have an upstart in Dr. Manny Sethi. I think he may pull off the upset.
07-14-2020 08:57 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
They will let anyone in down there.

He’s such a damned clown.
07-14-2020 10:09 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Trump is big winner and Sessions is big loser in Tuesday primaries, while Dems remain divided

Quote:First, the big winner of the night was President Trump. Several Trump-backed candidates defeated their opponents and unquestionably benefited significantly from the president’s support.

Quote:Second, Democratic primary results show the party is deeply divided, complicating the Democrats’ path to winning majority control of the Senate and defeating Trump in the November election.

Quote:Given the clear progressive insurgency within the Democratic Party across the country, there will also likely be greater pressure on the party to embrace left-leaning policies, such as defunding the police, which are unpopular with the general electorate. Doing so could cost the Democrats the presidency, the Senate, and even their current House majority.

Quote:However, while there have been select Democratic primaries in which voters have coalesced around moderate, center-left candidates, overall primary results thus far reveal the ascendancy of the progressive movement within the party.

Ultimately, this will pose challenges for Democrats in November. This is especially true given the success of Trump’s endorsements, which also potentially signal that the presidential race is much closer than it appears to be, despite the fact that Trump had a horrible month in June politically.
07-15-2020 08:48 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
07-15-2020 01:28 PM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

Doug Jones' campaign strategy so far appears to be "wear a mask, your neighbor may have diabetes." He's awful.
07-15-2020 01:49 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

XACLY! you guys didn't have ANY CHOICE...

regardless, Session's time was 'past due' once he recused (if one believes in DJT's message)...if not, then moot...who's to say he/either doesn't become another rino like McCain or Romney?!!

I would take my chances vs. Jones with Tubby....
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020 02:30 PM by stinkfist.)
07-15-2020 02:26 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-15-2020 02:26 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I would take my chances vs. Jones with Tubby.

Wow! Really? That's surprising.

If I still lived in 'Bama, it would be a slam dunk for Tubby for me. Whatever he is, he's not Jones.

A lawyer I know in Birmingham has been posting about how "bipartisan" Jones has been. Really? When?
07-15-2020 10:47 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-15-2020 10:47 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(07-15-2020 02:26 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I would take my chances vs. Jones with Tubby.

If I still lived in 'Bama, it would be a slam dunk for Tubby for me. Whatever he is, he's not Jones.

A lawyer I know in Birmingham has been posting about how "bipartisan" Jones has been. Really? When?

Those two tell you everything you need to know. Birmingham is a Dem city to the T. It's run like one, bankrupted like one, and dysfunctional like one. He's making his money there.
07-15-2020 10:50 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame

Not once when it mattered.
07-15-2020 10:53 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-15-2020 01:28 PM)fsquid Wrote:  

Tubs is 4-3 vs Saban.

07-coffee3
07-15-2020 11:11 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(07-15-2020 10:50 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Those two tell you everything you need to know. Birmingham is a Dem city to the T. It's run like one, bankrupted like one, and dysfunctional like one. He's making his money there.

A yet to be indicted lawyer. ...

03-lmfao

Truth folks. Alabama is still pissed. The prog filth commies in the Bham media will do everything in their grammatically and intellectually challenged power to prop up that cuck Jones.

Its gonna be a bloodbath. Jones is packing boxes. Make no mistake.

Hell Jones bare beatva guy falsely accused of being a pedophile. Jones was the poster boy for anyone else.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020 11:18 PM by shere khan.)
07-15-2020 11:17 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

(07-15-2020 02:26 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

XACLY! you guys didn't have ANY CHOICE...

regardless, Session's time was 'past due' once he recused (if one believes in DJT's message)...if not, then moot...who's to say he/either doesn't become another rino like McCain or Romney?!!

I would take my chances vs. Jones with Tubby....

I know Tubbs. He will eat Jones alive. Jones will probably vote for Tubbs and call him daddy before its over. Tubbs will go redneck Trump on him. Mark it down.
07-15-2020 11:22 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

[Image: im-back-boys.jpg]
07-15-2020 11:26 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

It was fun to read some of the comments on liberal sites yesterday about this. They really believe Jones has a chance.
07-16-2020 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.