Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tallying the Costs of a Biden Win
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Tallying the Costs of a Biden Win
Bongino on his show today referenced a Wall Street Journal article (behind a paywall) that talked about what to expect if Biden wins, especially if they retake the Senate.

Trump supporters can't allow ourselves to get complacent like Clinton's did last time. The stakes are too high. Should the above happen and Joe win, we can expect to see the following (and much more) happen.

1. They are coming for your guns.
2. They will expand and pack the Supreme Court
3. They will stock all the lower courts with liberal judges, so many cases won't even reach the SC.
4. They will eliminate the filibuster rule so no longer will they need to get 60 votes, simply a majority. Then, they can pass whatever radical stuff they want AND no more filibustering judge nominations.
5. Some jurisdictions will defund the police.
6. They will impose a financial transaction tax. Stock market will fall.
7. They will drastically raise the top marginal tax rates, perhaps as high as they were before Reagan (70%)

The filibuster rule is the only weapon the minority party has and with it gone, all hell will break loose.

Those are only the worst and most obvious things they would like to do. If you think that conservative opinions are squashed today, look out. You will be made an enemy of the state. It will be unlikely that we will see the GOP control the Presidency, Congress or the Supreme Court ever again during your lifetime.

Add your own predictions. Most of those above have already been talked about by leading leftwing politicians.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020 03:58 PM by MileHighBronco.)
06-26-2020 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Tallying the Costs of a Biden Win
I love me some DB...

how he lost his election states volumes...
06-26-2020 03:58 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(06-26-2020 03:54 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  1. They are coming for your guns.
3. They will stock all the lower courts with liberal judges, so many cases won't even reach the SC.
4. They will eliminate the filibuster rule so no longer will they need to get 60 votes, simply a majority. Then, they can pass whatever radical stuff they want AND no more filibustering judge nominations.
7. They will drastically raise the top marginal tax rates, perhaps as high as they were before Reagan (70%)

And that is a country:
1) Where I don't want to live, and
2) Where the economy will crater, bigly.

My only problem is it's hard to find to find anywhere else where those things pretty much haven't already happened. As Reagan said, the USA is the last, best hope of freedom and liberty. If we go, it's over.
06-26-2020 04:05 PM
stinkfist Online

(06-26-2020 04:05 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(06-26-2020 03:54 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  1. They are coming for your guns.

And that is a country:
1) Where I don't want to live, and
2) Where the economy will crater, bigly.

My only problem is it's hard to find to find anywhere else where those things pretty much haven't already happened. As Reagan said, the USA is the last, best hope of freedom and liberty. If we go, it's over.

pretty much what #henceDJT is pointing out....
06-26-2020 04:10 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
DC will be granted Statehood and the Senate is then lost forever.

Their will be some kind of "accumulated wealth" tax. You own all or part of a decent house? Maybe some property? Put some aside for your retirement or a second vacation home? They comin' for it. You're clearly privileged and didn't earn that.

"We are always but one generation from losing our Freedom" I fear that generation may be upon us.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020 04:17 PM by JMUDunk.)
06-26-2020 04:12 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
The cost of a Biden win... ? ONE.

One country.
06-26-2020 04:12 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(06-26-2020 03:54 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Bongino on his show today referenced a Wall Street Journal article (behind a paywall) that talked about what to expect if Biden wins, especially if they retake the Senate.

Trump supporters can't allow ourselves to get complacent like Clinton's did last time. The stakes are too high. Should the above happen and Joe win, we can expect to see the following (and much more) happen.

1. They are coming for your guns.

The filibuster rule is the only weapon the minority party has and with it gone, all hell will break loose.

Those are only the worst and most obvious things they would like to do. If you think that conservative opinions are squashed today, look out. You will be made an enemy of the state. It will be unlikely that we will see the GOP control the Presidency, Congress or the Supreme Court ever again during your lifetime.

Add your own predictions. Most of those above have already been talked about by leading leftwing politicians.

Filibuster is already gone for judges, I think ending for legislative votes is more complicated. I've already told my financial advisor by mid October I probably want to be all cash and remain there until election is over. If Biden wins I'll probably stay all cash until mid 2021. The markets will have to correct for all the craziness the democrats will pass.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020 04:17 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
06-26-2020 04:14 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

8. They will abolish the Electoral College and go all Popular vote.
9. The surveillance state expands and will come after regular people.
10. The war on Christianity will ramp up even more.
11. Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C. will be granted statehood creating 4 more permanent leftist Senators.
12. There will be an accumulated wealth tax levied.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020 04:19 PM by MileHighBronco.)
06-26-2020 04:15 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

(06-26-2020 04:12 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  DC will be granted Statehood and the Senate is then lost forever.

Their will be some kind of "accumulated wealth" tax. You own or part of a decent house? Maybe some property? Put some aside for your retirement or a second vacation home? They comin' for it. You're clearly privileged and didn't earn that.

"We are always but one generation from losing our Freedom" I fear that generation may be upon us.

I forgot those two. Good catch. I added them to my list.
06-26-2020 04:18 PM
stinkfist Online

(06-26-2020 04:12 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  DC will be granted Statehood and the Senate is then lost forever.

Their will be some kind of "accumulated wealth" tax. You own all or part of a decent house? Maybe some property? Put some aside for your retirement or a second vacation home? They comin' for it. You're clearly privileged and didn't earn that.

you've always understood #costa....
06-26-2020 04:18 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

1) DC statehood process will begin, can they get 2/3 of states to vote for it, Hopefully NOT.
2) If that's successful Puerto Rico statehood won't be far behind, heck they may go for broke and try to split CA into multiple states.
3) Open borders no immigration limits.
4) Citizenship for all illegals.
5) $3/gallon gasoline tax
6) Ban on manufacture of fossil fueled passenger vehicles by 2030.
7) Needs based testing for SSI benefits this will hurt middle class who saved for retirement and give no incentive to save in the future expanding the nanny state.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020 04:25 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
06-26-2020 04:21 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2020 04:15 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  8. They will abolish the Electoral College and go all Popular vote.
11. Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C. will be granted statehood creating 4 more permanent leftist Senators.

I think the bolded items require 2/3 of states vote to approve, thankfully that's still a high hurdle.
06-26-2020 04:23 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Vote and talk with others and urge them to vote as if their lives depend on it because they do....... Explain to them the policy proposals above and that this is not just more hyperbole. It's very real. The dems are crazy and you WILL pay if they get elected.
06-26-2020 04:26 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

(06-26-2020 04:23 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  
(06-26-2020 04:15 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  8. They will abolish the Electoral College and go all Popular vote.

I think the bolded items require 2/3 of states vote to approve, thankfully that's still a high hurdle.

As to #8 they've already been working on this and all they need is enough states to agree to get them to 270 electoral votes and then, poof, it is gone.

If they have unfettered control, what is a rule that HAD been a roadblock to them in the past? They will make up the rules as they go. They are totalitarians. Rules mean nothing.
06-26-2020 04:29 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Then we need to be prepared to take our country back. I’m not saying do anything until they start canceling the constitution the way they have history. The Left is dangerous. We need to be determined to destroy them.

Frederick Douglass said “A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box.”

If they cheat us at the ballot box, they’ll control the jury box. That leaves the cartridge box. I don’t know about anyone else but Patriots here in Kentucky are locked and loaded.
06-26-2020 04:33 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(06-26-2020 04:33 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Then we need to be prepared to take our country back. I’m not saying do anything until they start canceling the constitution the way they have history. The Left is dangerous. We need to be determined to destroy them.

Frederick Douglass said “A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box.”

If they cheat us at the ballot box, they’ll control the jury box. That leaves the cartridge box. I don’t know about anyone else but Patriots here in Kentucky are locked and loaded.

You rabid right wing conspiracy theorist you. Oh wait...
06-26-2020 04:36 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I have the perfect solution for DC Statehood, all Federal Buildings and connecting streets remain as DC. All residential areas split off and are annexed back into MD and VA. It's a win/win MD and VA might gain enough population to add a congressional district and DC residents have representation in congress. 02-13-banana
06-26-2020 05:04 PM
stinkfist Online

(06-26-2020 05:04 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  I have the perfect solution for DC Statehood, all Federal Buildings and connecting streets remain as DC. All residential areas split off and are annexed back into MD and VA. It's a win/win MD and VA might gain enough population to add a congressional district and DC residents have representation in congress. 02-13-banana

#muhMo'Molatove

TTT M's, pal....
06-26-2020 05:08 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
[Image: stg062420dAPR20200624034508.jpg?itok=H_rSosBf]
06-26-2020 05:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
06-26-2020 05:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.