Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News SDG&E Worker Fired Over Alleged Racist Gesture Says He Was Cracking Knuckles
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
SDG&E Worker Fired Over Alleged Racist Gesture Says He Was Cracking Knuckles
A complete media fiction and people are still being fired or punished for this nonsense. No one is allowed to crack their knuckles anymore.

Quote:It all started about two weeks ago near a Black Lives Matter rally in Poway when Emmanuel Cafferty, a San Diego Gas and Electric employee, encountered a stranger on the roadway.

The stranger followed Cafferty and took a picture of him as his arm hung out the window of his company truck.

The picture made the rounds on Twitter accompanied by a claim Cafferty was making a "white power" hand gesture made popular by white supremacists groups.

According to the Anti-Defamation League, the gesture -- made by forming a circle with the thumb and index finger, and extending and separating the other three fingers -- has been used in recent years by white supremacists to form the letters W and P, but has also long been used as a sign signifying "OK" or approval. Therefore it shouldn't be assumed to be a white supremacy symbol unless there is other evidence to support those claims, according to the ADL.

Cafferty claims he was just cracking his knuckles.

Soon after the encounter, a supervisor of Cafferty's told him he was suspended and that further action may be taken after an investigation. A few days later, he says he was fired.

Cafferty maintains he was unaware of the hand gesture until the whole controversy started.

"When my supervisor said that I was being accused of doing a white supremacist gesture, that was baffling," Cafferty told NBC 7 on Monday.

"I don’t know how long it's going to take me to get over this, but to lose your dream job for playing with your fingers, that’s a hard pill to swallow," Cafferty said.

Cafferty is Mexican American and says he comes from a diverse family of all races. He says he's proud of SDG&E for taking any allegations of racism seriously, but he wants his job back.

SDG&E said in a statement: “We hold all SDG&E employees to a high standard and expect them to live up to our values every day. We conducted a good faith and thorough investigation that included gathering relevant information and multiple interviews, and took appropriate action.”

NBC 7 spoke to the man who originally posted the picture on Twitter. He has since deleted his account and said he may have gotten "spun up" about the interaction and misinterpreted it. He says he never intended for Cafferty to lose his job.

Link

The guy is Hispanic. WTF are they smoking over there in San Diego???
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020 05:21 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
06-18-2020 05:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VCE Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tradition
RE: SDG&E Worker Fired Over Alleged Racist Gesture Says He Was Cracking Knuckles
I didn’t see this and posted it in another thread. Apologies.

This is obscene. Based on a 4chan troll. Half of the left have lost their minds. The other half think they can make us do so.

Fight back. Use the ok symbol in every circumstance where appropriate. Make “triggering” comments and gestures as often as possible. Screw the Marxist left and their soyboy followers.
06-18-2020 09:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
RE: SDG&E Worker Fired Over Alleged Racist Gesture Says He Was Cracking Knuckles
Just like that dayum white supremacist, LeBron!

[Image: hi-res-149796930_crop_north.jpg?h=533&am...crop_y=top]
06-18-2020 10:00 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-18-2020 09:19 PM)VCE Wrote:  I didn’t see this and posted it in another thread. Apologies.

This is obscene. Based on a 4chan troll. Half of the left have lost their minds. The other half think they can make us do so.

Fight back. Use the ok symbol in every circumstance where appropriate. Make “triggering” comments and gestures as often as possible. Screw the Marxist left and their soyboy followers.

Really. Its a troll!!!

What does that utility do for their research? Read Reddit?
06-18-2020 10:06 PM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
(06-18-2020 10:00 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  Just like that dayum white supremacist, LeBron!

Wrong fingers for their theory. It has to be the index finger to form the WP
06-19-2020 08:41 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Not an expert on Mexican Americans but he looks mestizo. The left is insane so is SDG&E.
[Image: N4PM-INT-SDGE-WORKER-FO_KNSDBPJT.jpg?resize=1200%2C675]
06-19-2020 08:53 AM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(06-19-2020 08:41 AM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(06-18-2020 10:00 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  Just like that dayum white supremacist, LeBron!

Wrong fingers for their theory. It has to be the index finger to form the WP

Um, that is the index finger.

[Image: xfinger-names.jpg.pagespeed.ic.RIj6lNCDlN.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020 08:41 PM by Billy_Bearcat.)
06-19-2020 08:39 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
This reminds me of a friend of mine who got confronted by some dumb*** leftist Yankee in Charleston. He was wearing a tshirt with the Moultrie flag on the back while doing the touristy things. This yankee woman comes up and puts him on blast for wearing a "Confederate flag" in public so soon after the Dylan Roof killings. He said that he was caught aback and kinda confused but his wife was on point that day. She lit into the woman and told her if she felt she had the need to confront people about what they were wearing in public that maybe her stupid ass needed to learn which flags were flown when because the flag on her husband's shirt was from the Revolutionary War. He said the best part was when his wife ended it with "Educate yourself, female dog" because his wife isn't normally the type of person to go off like that.
06-19-2020 08:59 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I hope that guy never has to work again after he is handing a large sum of cash in a legal settlement.
06-20-2020 12:46 AM
Advertisement

bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
(06-20-2020 12:46 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I hope that guy never has to work again after he is handing a large sum of cash in a legal settlement.

That's the only thing that is going to stop these snap judgement firings.
06-20-2020 07:53 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
And trial lawyers are just foaming at the mouth and forming a line for all these lawsuits that will be coming soon. For a leftist trial lawyer what could be better? They are legal prostitutes and don't care about ideologies if it can generate some coin for them.
06-20-2020 11:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.