Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Re-Naming Military Bases
hoopfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: hoops
Re-Naming Military Bases
Why not research every enlisted and officer that served over the past hundred years or so with the name of Benning, Hood, Bragg, etc. and rename the bases after them?

All sides win.
06-12-2020 07:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Re-Naming Military Bases
(06-12-2020 07:57 AM)hoopfan Wrote:  Why not research every enlisted and officer that served over the past hundred years or so with the name of Benning, Hood, Bragg, etc. and rename the bases after them?

All sides win.

Why not leave them alone and prog filth go frick themselves.
06-12-2020 08:05 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(06-12-2020 08:05 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(06-12-2020 07:57 AM)hoopfan Wrote:  Why not research every enlisted and officer that served over the past hundred years or so with the name of Benning, Hood, Bragg, etc. and rename the bases after them?

All sides win.

Winner winner
06-12-2020 08:09 AM
hoopfan Offline
1st String

(06-12-2020 08:05 AM)shere khan Wrote:  

All sides win.

That would be my option #1...but if it goes any further (like it seems to be) my plan saves costs of stationary and signage. If they have any statues, BLM's can take them down for free.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020 08:14 AM by hoopfan.)
06-12-2020 08:13 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

All sides win.

[Image: 200.gif]
06-12-2020 08:19 AM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
Re-Naming Military Bases
You got your Trump Plaza, your Trump Hotel, etc. But 3 1/2 years into this gig there’s not a single new thing named after this cat.

Let’s just change it to Fort Trump Georgia, Fort Trump North Carolina, Fort Trump Texas.

Now that’s a name change we could get the president on board for.

Beautiful

Perfect
06-12-2020 08:22 AM
Advertisement

TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
which of the propositions costs more $$$: Renaming the bases or the mentality that goes into thinking this is a good idea?

Next will be the names of entire towns, cities and states.

Incredibly expensive waste of money to do this. It's costing me a LOT of $$ for liberals to be woke
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020 08:30 AM by TheOriginalBigApp.)
06-12-2020 08:30 AM
cosine4 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
I can't even imagine what the cost of re-naming a major military base would be.
06-12-2020 08:41 AM
hoopfan Offline
1st String

(06-12-2020 08:22 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  You got your Trump Plaza, your Trump Hotel, etc. But 3 1/2 years into this gig there’s not a single new thing named after this cat.

Let’s just change it to Fort Trump Georgia, Fort Trump North Carolina, Fort Trump Texas.

Beautiful

Perfect

Not long ago I was thinking about the 1,000's of leftist school districts from coast to coast tripping over themselves for Obama High, Middle and Elementary schools.

Have heard nothing about a Trump named school.
06-12-2020 08:42 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
If the changes are really and truly a response to authentic grassroots opinion among the members of the armed forces — brass, junior officers, and enlisted — I could grudgingly go along with it. But just offhand, this reeks of virtue-signaling, media-consultants, and a desire to appease constituencies that will always hate the military no matter what.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020 09:16 AM by Native Georgian.)
06-12-2020 09:16 AM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
I think a better question is why were military force ever named after failed generals in the first place?
06-12-2020 09:30 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-12-2020 08:22 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  You got your Trump Plaza, your Trump Hotel, etc. But 3 1/2 years into this gig there’s not a single new thing named after this cat.

Beautiful

Perfect

I was thinking along the same lines. Bragg changes to Helms Hood changes to Bush ect..ect Reagan and Goldwater would be in this somewhere. Offer this up for the fun of it.07-coffee3
06-12-2020 09:36 AM
TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(06-12-2020 09:30 AM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  I think a better question is why were military force ever named after failed generals in the first place?

I see you know practically zero about the military, or US history in general (pun intended).

Maybe look up some of these 'failed generals' for yourself? (hint: you won't find their truths on Reddit or Twitter or Mother Jones)
06-12-2020 09:39 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(06-12-2020 09:30 AM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  I think a better question is why were military force ever named after failed generals in the first place?

Read a history book you dumb frick and you will unferstand. You can read cant you or do you need your hand held in every aspect of life.

Edit-

I'm not so opposed to them renaming Bragg. He was kind of a dumbarse.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020 09:56 AM by shere khan.)
06-12-2020 09:40 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-12-2020 09:40 AM)shere khan Wrote:  

Read a history book you dumb frick and you will unferstand. You can read cant you or do you need your hand held in every aspect of life.

Edit-

I'm not so opposed to them renaming Bragg. He was kind of a dumbarse.

And on statues, Jeff Davis was a lousy president and universally despised in the south during the war
06-12-2020 12:35 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(06-12-2020 08:30 AM)TheOriginalBigApp Wrote:  which of the propositions costs more $$$: Renaming the bases or the mentality that goes into thinking this is a good idea?

Incredibly expensive waste of money to do this. It's costing me a LOT of $$ for liberals to be woke

Houston is named after Sam Houston, a slave owner.

Cincinnati is named after a famous Roman general, Cincinnatus. He defended Rome (a slave society) against its enemies.

Sacramento is named after a Catholic religious ceremony.

San Bernardino was an Italian saint who was famous for speaking out against infanticide and sodomy.

The list could go on quite a bit longer. I'm sure there's something wrong with a lot of the people our states were named after, too.
06-12-2020 02:03 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
One the problems we have right now is people from 200 years ago are being judged by 2020 standards. Much of what they are being attacked for was legal and commonplace behavior for the day. As to Confederate names being used on some public places---my understanding was this was to celebrate the bravery of the soldiers that fought (even on the losing side) and represented a symbol of the reuniting and reconcillation of a nation torn by war.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020 02:43 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-12-2020 02:36 PM
ArmyBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
Well, Bragg was a terrible general. North Carolina native or not, I’ve always been a bit confused by that one.
06-12-2020 03:42 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(06-12-2020 08:30 AM)TheOriginalBigApp Wrote:  which of the propositions costs more $$$: Renaming the bases or the mentality that goes into thinking this is a good idea?

Yeah! It won't be long before they'll want to change the name of my town because El Paso (The Pass) is not letting illegals pass through. Bwahahaha.
06-12-2020 03:45 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-12-2020 02:03 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  

Houston is named after Sam Houston, a slave owner.

Cincinnati is named after a famous Roman general, Cincinnatus. He defended Rome (a slave society) against its enemies.

Sacramento is named after a Catholic religious ceremony.

San Bernardino was an Italian saint who was famous for speaking out against infanticide and sodomy.

The list could go on quite a bit longer. I'm sure there's something wrong with a lot of the people our states were named after, too.

Abe Lincoln was a racist who wanted to send the slaves back to Africa.
06-12-2020 04:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.