Updated Zeihan - 2020 WM Forum

04-30-2020 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMTigerTim Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Updated Zeihan - 2020 WM Forum
Great Video. Makes me feel good to be an American. I hope he is right.

And maybe Trump is not an idiot as the left thinks he is after all.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 03:37 PM by UofMTigerTim.)
04-30-2020 03:36 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Only time to get through half, but a fascinating look so far.

Well worth the 17 mins. Take a look folks, the guy can riff, too. No notes
04-30-2020 03:58 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-30-2020 03:58 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Only time to get through half, but a fascinating look so far.

Well worth the 17 mins. Take a look folks, the guy can riff, too. No notes

I watched it when gts first posted (I took another day off b/c I co(v)ul(i)d)....

that cat has a memory from the cuff that most only dream about....toss in his ability to correlate throughout time (in this case), it's was a must watch when okra and the view kittens are on the boob tube...

I gave it 90% in agreement....which means nothing on a bbs other than it's nice to see someone with a clue explain (again) why simple numbers vs.age demographics relative to wealth and how controlling/protecting the USD, MATTERS MOTHERTRUCKERS...

I found it interesting how he gave ol' billy bob credit whilst torching muh bush.....I almost thought about filing suit for plagiarism... 03-wink

his exhaust pipe is fueled by every form of energy derived or conceived....yeah gts, that's a compliment and thank-you note for posting.... 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 08:35 PM by stinkfist.)
04-30-2020 08:26 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
His assessments on world nations demographics is fascinating. Several posters here have related concerns on US birth rates. Zeihans demographics show clearly how important keeping up birth rates are to the stability a country. It looks like we are OK at this point but I wish there was a way to educate our citizens and make them understand that low birth rates are NOT good. Maybe Covid 19 will have a silver lining and give us a baby boom next year.
04-30-2020 08:31 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-30-2020 08:31 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  His assessments on world nations demographics is fascinating. Several posters here have related concerns on US birth rates. Zeihans demographics show clearly how important keeping up birth rates are to the stability a country. It looks like we are OK at this point but I wish there was a way to educate our citizens and make them understand that low birth rates are NOT good. Maybe Covid 19 will have a silver lining and give us a baby boom next year.

there is....it's simply being ignored by your congress....

I just watched the interview with LA rep., John Kennedy.....he wanted to speak stink-a-lese, but like DJT, he had to bite his version of speaking in tongues....

I'm shocked more haven't picked up how DJT has been 'humbled' (much to his chagrin) during this enema (china/dems/msm) self induced fiasco....

w/o question, we'll easily see an increase in birth rate.....what remains in viability is 'who' is pumpin' out the puppies and how they adapt if/when the USD collapses...

this was a mere test drive in economic warfare...the next 'maga-event' will be a crippler....they just don't know it yet....

ROCK AND A HARD PLACE
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 08:47 PM by stinkfist.)
04-30-2020 08:46 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-30-2020 08:46 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(04-30-2020 08:31 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  His assessments on world nations demographics is fascinating. Several posters here have related concerns on US birth rates. Zeihans demographics show clearly how important keeping up birth rates are to the stability a country. It looks like we are OK at this point but I wish there was a way to educate our citizens and make them understand that low birth rates are NOT good. Maybe Covid 19 will have a silver lining and give us a baby boom next year.

there is....it's simply being ignored by your congress....

I just watched the interview with LA rep., John Kennedy.....he wanted to speak stink-a-lese, but like DJT, he had to bite his version of speaking in tongues....

I'm shocked more haven't picked up how DJT has been 'humbled' (much to his chagrin) during this enema (china/dems/msm) self induced fiasco....

w/o question, we'll easily see an increase in birth rate.....what remains in viability is 'who' is pumpin' out the puppies and how they adapt if/when the USD collapses...

this was a mere test drive in economic warfare...the next 'maga-event' will be a crippler....they just don't know it yet....

ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

Yep and yep.
04-30-2020 08:50 PM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
I'd argue his presentation to Waste Management is better as he gets into sustainability, energy and how most of the proponents have been doing it wrong (i.e. Germany investing in Solar). If you watched the GTS linked vid you can skip to 23:30. Also, 42:40 is quite prescient.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 09:12 PM by vandiver49.)
04-30-2020 09:00 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(04-30-2020 09:00 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  I'd argue his presentation to Waste Management is better as he gets into sustainability, energy and how most of the proponents have been doing it wrong (i.e. Germany investing in Solar). If you watched the GTS linked vid you can skip to 23:30. Also, 42:40 is quite prescient.

Well, I meant to post that the first time anyway. 04-cheers
05-01-2020 02:25 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2020 02:25 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Well, I meant to post that the first time anyway. 04-cheers

Ultimately it is a brief synopsis of his latest book Disunited Nations. They only thing new to me was his opinion that America would have to be the place to innovate the energy solution to climate change.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020 09:16 AM by vandiver49.)
05-01-2020 02:59 AM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Personally I liken Robert Leithauser to Alan Greenspan. A smart president leaves Leithauser in his job just like Bush, Clinton and W were smart enough to leave Greenspan at the Fed. He’s should be our Bud Foster. The top guy might change but our global face never does.

Thanks for sharing this GTS.

I was disappointed in his “waste of skin” comment about millennials. He actually has a higher opinion of anyone born between ‘80 - ‘96 than I do. As I often tell my overachieving 30 year old son, you don’t have to be great to be considered a success in your generation, you just have to be average because those you are competing against simply suck.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020 05:03 AM by CardinalJim.)
05-01-2020 05:02 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2020 05:02 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I was disappointed in his “waste of skin” comment about millennials. He actually has a higher opinion of anyone born between ‘80 - ‘96 than I do. As I often tell my overachieving 30 year old son, you don’t have to be great to be considered a success in your generation, you just have to be average because those you are competing against simply suck.

Zeihan isn't nearly as pithy about mililenials in his book, thus the comments in his videos are for dramatic effect. In all honesty I think that generation gets a bad rap because they were forced into an extended childhood by Boomers not retiring on schedule. Granted, the delay was due to longer life expectancy, but it prevented GenX from promoting to managerial positions that Boomers currently hold.
05-01-2020 07:36 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Just saw Peter Zeihan on Watter's World. Watters talked about all the misbehavior by China and asked where this will go. War? Zeihan said Americans will be disappointed in how fast this China thing will all be over. Said China will fall apart in the next 4 years. He said they cant survive without the New World Order of trade the US created and they are not capable of recreating it. He said as the US lets that system fall apart---China will crumble from the inside.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2020 08:50 PM by Attackcoog.)
05-02-2020 08:49 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(05-01-2020 07:36 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(05-01-2020 05:02 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I was disappointed in his “waste of skin” comment about millennials. He actually has a higher opinion of anyone born between ‘80 - ‘96 than I do. As I often tell my overachieving 30 year old son, you don’t have to be great to be considered a success in your generation, you just have to be average because those you are competing against simply suck.

Zeihan isn't nearly as pithy about mililenials in his book, thus the comments in his videos are for dramatic effect. In all honesty I think that generation gets a bad rap because they were forced into an extended childhood by Boomers not retiring on schedule. Granted, the delay was due to longer life expectancy, but it prevented GenX from promoting to managerial positions that Boomers currently hold.

Well said. The GenXers have been hurt the most. When we came out of college we had the dot com collapse. Then 10 years later, the subprime cluster. Now this. We can’t sustain any true upward momentum. In inflation adjusted dollars, even after promotions, the wife and I will be making the same amount at 50 that we made at 35. This is a generation that won’t come close to the lifestyle of our parents.
05-03-2020 01:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.