Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sounds like Governor Newsom is going to get petty and
Nittany_Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
close ALL the beaches and state parks in California, effective Friday. This because of the beaches in Orange County last weekend.

https://abc30.com/newsom-closes-beaches-...s/6139118/

All I will say - this is going to be interesting. Civil unrest is not impossible, and this just MAY be the spark that causes it. California hospitals are nowhere near full, and the daily case counts have been nearly the same for multiple weeks now. And the locals out there know it.

The NorCal folk likely have their noses up Newsom's butt, think he is the greatest King ever. But I can see the SoCal folk rising up and saying "hell, no, pretty boy Governor."
04-30-2020 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Isn't he related to Pelosi?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
04-30-2020 07:09 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Our beaches are already closed. It was 80 degrees yesterday so once I got to a stopping point with work, I walked with the kids to our neighborhood (public) beach. This was the scene. The quarantine has completely broken down. The despot governors are powerless and the cops are no longer enforcing their edicts. Only a matter of time before businesses start opening in spit of the "rules".[Image: 9378762f57932910f881e105922153d8.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
04-30-2020 07:53 AM
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

RE: Sounds like Governor Newsom is going to get petty and
My Saturday morning basketball group has decided we're playing this weekend. The courts are "closed" but we're going to play anyway.
04-30-2020 08:03 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(04-30-2020 07:09 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Isn't he related to Pelosi?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think he's her nephew.
04-30-2020 08:05 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-30-2020 07:53 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Our beaches are already closed. It was 80 degrees yesterday so once I got to a stopping point with work, I walked with the kids to our neighborhood (public) beach. This was the scene. The quarantine has completely broken down. The despot governors are powerless and the cops are no longer enforcing their edicts. Only a matter of time before businesses start opening in spit of the "rules".[Image: 9378762f57932910f881e105922153d8.jpg]

I'm honestly amazed how many shut their doors vs. da finga in return....

I guarantee the ambulance chasers are ditching the 'usual donor' in lieu of the gimme putts soon to buried in court....

this is the dumbdererst shite I've ever witnessed in muh fk'n life....

ya g'dammed right I'm still pissed the fk off....I've always known sheeple were herded....however, sig line 1b) coupled with line 4 has now 'exceeded expectations'...

if I could find a venue to get on stage to provide stand-up X-rated in relativity, I'd do it pro bono with only a fk'n mask on muh crotch....once this bs subsides,, somebody will....
04-30-2020 08:05 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

(04-30-2020 07:53 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Our beaches are already closed. It was 80 degrees yesterday so once I got to a stopping point with work, I walked with the kids to our neighborhood (public) beach. This was the scene. The quarantine has completely broken down. The despot governors are powerless and the cops are no longer enforcing their edicts. Only a matter of time before businesses start opening in spit of the "rules".[Image: 9378762f57932910f881e105922153d8.jpg]

to be fair, that woman is in desperate need of sun.
04-30-2020 08:34 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(04-30-2020 08:05 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

sometimes keeping your doors open is more costly than closing. If few people are out shopping, you're not going to make money anyway.

I don't think many restaurants will be better off opening at 25-50% capacity because they're going to have to significantly increase their operational costs vs shut down but still have considerably less revenue per square foot than they planned when they signed the lease.
04-30-2020 08:35 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(04-30-2020 08:35 AM)Niner National Wrote:  

sometimes keeping your doors open is more costly than closing. If few people are out shopping, you're not going to make money anyway.

I don't think many restaurants will be better off opening at 25-50% capacity because they're going to have to significantly increase their operational costs vs shut down but still have considerably less revenue per square foot than they planned when they signed the lease.

Disagree. Most are running a large takeout operation anyway. Those with outdoor seating can open that up 100% while keeping the inside closed and remain at 25-50% capacity. They only need a waitress or 2 at $3/hour (making tips) to turn the tables. Weather is getting nicer and nicer and the patios will be packed with 30 minute waits to get a table. That will bring in much more than the current takeout only paradigm.
04-30-2020 08:48 AM
stinkfist Online

it depends whether corporate or private....

I get where you're going with this....

many in private can continue to operate with the scaredy cats at lower capacity vs. corporate....if they can't, they shouldn't be in biz to begin with....corpshite doesn't have an option.....they model relative to volume....they're beyond fk'd if not 100%....

operating costs/overhead are easily less with one vs. the other....

either way the end result is a net negative....therefore, if corporate, I choose da finga with lawyers in hand across the board.....if private, I do the same but open the doors STAT WITH CURBSIDE to maintain cash flow....waiters and waitresses being employed vs. not is a monster drag as they're in transition or defined by long term livelihood...it's simply one sector as the 'domino effect' plays out to a 'T'....

what I find concerning, is how one will be able to acquire/manage inventory as this bs continues....that would be my fear if I was in that industry regardless of 'methodology'....

unfortunately, what has been confirmed during this bs, is sig line 1b) is still in the lead, change is never easy, and I'll never take a knee nor wear a mask...

#beyondPissedOff
04-30-2020 08:59 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
There are going to be some restaurants that will be in even better shape than they were before this happened. Those that went to an internet/pickup/delivery type system during this time will now have a business model that is less dependent on dine-ins. This will insulate them in the future from things like weather and other unforeseen things (flu) that affect people travelling to dine-in. When your business model revenue is capped at the number of tables you have in a dining area, that exposes you to fluxes that affect customers coming in and limits revenue.
04-30-2020 09:01 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

(04-30-2020 09:01 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  There are going to be some restaurants that will be in even better shape than they were before this happened. Those that went to an internet/pickup/delivery type system during this time will now have a business model that is less dependent on dine-ins. This will insulate them in the future from things like weather and other unforeseen things (flu) that affect people travelling to dine-in. When your business model revenue is capped at the number of tables you have in a dining area, that exposes you to fluxes that affect customers coming in and limits revenue.

Yes, the number of restaurants that developed or bough online ordering systems is numerous around here.
04-30-2020 09:04 AM
stinkfist Online

(04-30-2020 08:34 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

to be fair, that woman is in desperate need of sun.

I was thinkin' more about her wanting to burn off her 'fugly shed' as a dieting method.... 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 09:23 AM by stinkfist.)
04-30-2020 09:19 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/29/elon-mus...scist.html
He's turned Elon Musk against him.
04-30-2020 11:16 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
The latest is that he's just closing the Orange County beaches now, and keeping the rest of the ones in California open. Wow, that's pretty petty (and Trump-like I must say).
04-30-2020 03:18 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Yea, I’ve thought of that too. I do think though that carry out has made more of an impact than I would have ever guessed.

A number of local Mom and Pops have continued operations just on that alone. Operating costs aren’t a heck of a lot different that way, perhaps a handful of wait staff and a bartender or two. Still gotta have the lights on, oven on, and cooks.

Add another 25-50% of seating capacity and who knows, maybe in a perverse way they come out better in the end with the new normal.
04-30-2020 05:03 PM
Advertisement

Nittany_Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
(04-30-2020 03:18 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  The latest is that he's just closing the Orange County beaches now, and keeping the rest of the ones in California open. Wow, that's pretty petty (and Trump-like I must say).

Good God - that is petty! I thought you were joking, but nope!

The thing is:

(1) the Orange County beaches got the coverage last weekend, but the Ventura County beaches were ALSO open.

(2) I have no doubt that a number of people that were on the Orange County beaches last weekend were from Los Angeles.

So, what's going to happen?

It will be the Ventura Country beaches that get the coverage this weekend! It's not like US-101 only goes south from LA, it also goes north!

Nice "solution" Governor Newsom.

-----------------------

On a side note, I've never been a person to completely write-off California as regards Conservative politics. Yes, any Governor there needs to be rather socially liberal. But a socially liberal Republican can become Governor there, its happened twice just within the last generation.

Newsom has his base of support in NorCal, those folk will likely never leave him.

But SoCal, despite leaning more blue than red, isn't a lost cause. Orange County and San Diego have some red roots. LA people don't like people from the SFBA on general principal. The central coast of California is always up for grabs, and the Central Valley is of course red.

If Newsom pisses off Orange County and SoCal enough, his very re-election in 2022 isn't necessarily assured. And that would definitely de-rail his Presidential hopes for 2024.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 06:52 PM by Nittany_Bearcat.)
04-30-2020 06:47 PM
stinkfist Online

I got a feeling the Bodhisattva is going to rise from the dead and 'tricky-dick' his nuts...

what a fk'n idiot....
04-30-2020 07:01 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Remember when it was just too many people in church.

03-no let them take one freedom and the rest soon follow
04-30-2020 07:11 PM
stinkfist Online

(04-30-2020 05:03 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Yea, I’ve thought of that too. I do think though that carry out has made more of an impact than I would have ever guessed.

A number of local Mom and Pops have continued operations just on that alone. Operating costs aren’t a heck of a lot different that way, perhaps a handful of wait staff and a bartender or two. Still gotta have the lights on, oven on, and cooks.

Add another 25-50% of seating capacity and who knows, maybe in a perverse way they come out better in the end with the new normal.

what you guys are not factoring into the equation is loss of alcohol/beverage sales...that's where the $$$ really generate revenue...

toss in loss of employing competent staff due to how salary/tips are generated, and it becomes insurmountable for the corporate side operating at less than full capacity....

more folks will simply go the fast food route or dine in house....

hell, as a single guy for over 15 yrs., carry-out/delivery has been my mantra for said time....

I don't see any benefit relative to sales based on limited seating....the one's that do that are vastly overpriced to begin with....

any way I slice and dice it, I don't see anyone winning in this scenario long term...from the leaser/lessee/bankers/suppliers/employees/customers/etc.....I see zero winners....
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 07:22 PM by stinkfist.)
04-30-2020 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.