Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Here's a juicy internet rumor.....
Bookmark and Share
HerdKixButt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

<a href='http://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1304&tid=31712771&sid=&style=2' target='_blank'>http://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid...71&sid=&style=2</a>
02-25-2004 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

3rdWardEagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

HerdKixButt Wrote:<a href='http://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1304&tid=31712771&sid=&style=2' target='_blank'>http://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid...71&sid=&style=2</a>
Why would you want him????
02-25-2004 04:25 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

It would still be a coup for any non BCS team.... But we do have M. Kitchens
02-25-2004 04:30 PM
marshallisqbu Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall !!!!

who are these ppl
02-25-2004 04:30 PM
WestwoodKnight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

3rdWardEagle Wrote:
HerdKixButt Wrote:<a href='http://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1304&tid=31712771&sid=&style=2' target='_blank'>http://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid...71&sid=&style=2</a>
You don't know Marshall. It wouldn't surprise me if they did sign him.

While his GPA (3.0) and SAT score (1070) would put him in the top tier of ALL Marshall students, his criminal record is fairly long.
02-25-2004 04:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

[QUOTE]While his GPA (3.0) and SAT score (1070) would put him in the top tier of ALL Marshall students, his criminal record is fairly long.

Sounds like he would make a better fit at UCF 03-wink

This guy ain't coming to Marshall
02-25-2004 04:44 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HerdChemist89 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

WestwoodKnight Wrote:
3rdWardEagle Wrote:

While his GPA (3.0) and SAT score (1070) would put him in the top tier of ALL Marshall students, his criminal record is fairly long.
Quote:While his GPA (3.0) and SAT score (1070) would put him in the top tier of ALL Marshall students

Don't be a *******. I had full academic scholarship offers from UCF and FIT in Melbourne in the 80's. I chose FIT, where I studied Oceanography before transferring to Marshall for Chemistry. ( I wanted Med School at the time )

My GPA from Fork Union was a 3.8 and my SAT was a 1380. I could have gone to ANY school in the country. My Marshall education has served me well; along with my recently acquired ( 2003 ) second degree from USF in Information Systems.

By the way, I live about 40 miles down the road from you and guess what ?? I have two UCF grads working for me right now this very second. One has a Masters.

Be nice or one of your buddies is workin' this weekend :rofl:

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>GO HERD</span></span></span>
02-25-2004 04:51 PM
WestwoodKnight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Omar Laurence is the only UCF football player that was arrested since I've been following the team ('97). Marshall averages more that one a year, so you have no room to talk. He would fit in perfectly at Marshall. His grades are the only thing that fit with our recruiting class and doesn't fit with yours.
02-25-2004 04:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

[QUOTE]Omar Laurence is the only UCF football player that was arrested since I've been following the team ('97).

:laugh:
02-25-2004 04:54 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

Hey Westwood how many suspensions from the team has Marshall had and UCF had since we've both been in the Conf.
02-25-2004 05:00 PM
WestwoodKnight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

HerdChemist89 Wrote:
WestwoodKnight Wrote:
3rdWardEagle Wrote:

Quote:While his GPA (3.0) and SAT score (1070) would put him in the top tier of ALL Marshall students

Don't be a *******. I had full academic scholarship offers from UCF and FIT in Melbourne in the 80's. I chose FIT, where I studied Oceanography before transferring to Marshall for Chemistry. ( I wanted Med School at the time )

My GPA from Fork Union was a 3.8 and my SAT was a 1380. I could have gone to ANY school in the country. My Marshall education has served me well; along with my recently acquired ( 2003 ) second degree from USF in Information Systems.

By the way, I live about 40 miles down the road from you and guess what ?? I have two UCF grads working for me right now this very second. One has a Masters.

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>GO HERD</span></span></span>
Good for you. I don't know you from Adam so whatever you say. And, you're not down the road from me.

Anyway, the last time I checked Marshall's Common Data Set, the SAT range for the 25th/75th percentile of your incoming freshmen was something like 890-1080. That's why I said he would be in the top tier and that's the truth.
02-25-2004 05:03 PM
Advertisement

WestwoodKnight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

HerdZoned Wrote:Hey Westwood how many suspensions from the team has Marshall had and UCF had since we've both been in the Conf.
Suspensions? What does that have to do with a criminal record? Every school has their own policy with regards to suspensions. Every school doesn't have a policy with regards to what gets you arrested though. We suspended players because of forged attendance slips. Unless Marshall requires their athletes to get their professors to sign a paper acknowledging that they know that player will miss class because of an athletic activity, then you wouldn't understand. None of these guys were arrested or charged with a crime. Your guys can get arrested and they aren't suspended, so counting suspensions means squat. The police could care less about suspensions.

And herdya, you can laugh all you want, but I challenge you to find an actual arrest outside of Omar Laurence. We had a recruit that signed and then got arrested later, but his application was put on hold and he was denied admissions (so he was not a UCF football player). He's now at Bethune Cookman.
02-25-2004 05:11 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

Find there records, I dare you
02-25-2004 05:14 PM
knight_01 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

HerdZoned Wrote:Find there records, I dare you
I can think of Stan Hill off the top of my head. He's your version of Chris Rix. Just to be clear, I don't have a bone to pickwith Marshall. I just think Stan's a funny guy. I mean come on a chest bump?
02-25-2004 05:18 PM
HerdChemist89 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

WestwoodKnight Wrote:
HerdChemist89 Wrote:
WestwoodKnight Wrote:
3rdWardEagle Wrote:

Good for you. I don't know you from Adam so whatever you say. And, you're not down the road from me.

Anyway, the last time I checked Marshall's Common Data Set, the SAT range for the 25th/75th percentile of your incoming freshmen was something like 890-1080. That's why I said he would be in the top tier and that's the truth.
Quote:Anyway, the last time I checked Marshall's Common Data Set, the SAT range for the 25th/75th percentile of your incoming freshmen was something like 890-1080. That's why I said he would be in the top tier and that's the truth.

OK smartass.

Just because you say it doesn't make it true. Show me where the 75th percentile of Marshall students have sub-1000 sat scores. Show me. You make it sound like all we take are leftovers and rejects.

I for one am kinda tired of hearing about UCF's "stellar" "ivy-league-like" academic reputation. You couldn't hold a candle to either USF or UF or even UM here in FL as far as academics go.

YOU are a SUITCASE COLLEGE. UCF was founded a few short years ago to serve as a night school for engineers at the Cape- nothing more.

You are growing like the rest of us, but YOU ARE NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. I have been on your cookie-cutter strip mall campus many, many times.

It isn't all that impressive dude.
02-25-2004 05:27 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

knight_01 Wrote:
HerdZoned Wrote:Find there records, I dare you
I can think of Stan Hill off the top of my head. He's your version of Chris Rix. Just to be clear, I don't have a bone to pickwith Marshall. I just think Stan's a funny guy. I mean come on a chest bump?
Find a Guilty Plea or Conviction
02-25-2004 05:44 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

[QUOTE]And herdya, you can laugh all you want

Ok
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
02-25-2004 06:05 PM
Chris88 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Marshall 26 UCF 21
Marshall 21 UCF 7
02-25-2004 06:13 PM
WestwoodKnight Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

HerdChemist89 Wrote:
WestwoodKnight Wrote:
HerdChemist89 Wrote:
WestwoodKnight Wrote:
3rdWardEagle Wrote:

Quote:Anyway, the last time I checked Marshall's Common Data Set, the SAT range for the 25th/75th percentile of your incoming freshmen was something like 890-1080. That's why I said he would be in the top tier and that's the truth.

OK smartass.

Just because you say it doesn't make it true. Show me where the 75th percentile of Marshall students have sub-1000 sat scores. Show me. You make it sound like all we take are leftovers and rejects.

I for one am kinda tired about hearing about UCF's "stellar" "ivy-league-like" academic reputation. You couldn't hold a candle to either USF or UF or even UM here in FL as far as academics go.

YOU are a SUITCASE COLLEGE. UCF was founded a few short years ago to serve as a night school for engineers at the Cape- nothing more.

You are growing like the rest of us, but YOU ARE NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. I have been on your cookie-cutter strip mall campus many, many times.

It isn't all that impressive dude.
Dude, you're a joke.

Strip mall campus? You have us confused with USF my friend. You went there so you should know. UCF's campus $hits on whatever USF and Marshall have to offer. Do I need to pull out that quote from the NY Times writer about USF's former bombing range campus again? Just admit it, you're talking out of your a$$ and you haven't seen UCF's campus (anyone who's been to UCF this centurty can confirm that). Take the tour on the website or something if you can't visit (but you're so close though). What a joke. The <a href='http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/03/Tampabay/Fancier_perks_of_high.shtml' target='_blank'>St. Pete Times</a> (read the "Jaw-dropping tour" section) doesn't write about a prospective student's jaw dropping because they visited a strip mall campus.

Academics can't hold a candle to USF? Uhmmm, the <a href='http://www.sptimes.com/2004/02/08/State/Admit__deny__done.shtml' target='_blank'>St. Pete Times</a> (the "Getting in" section) had a report about admissions standards and UCF and FSU had similar standards coming in behind UF. USF was 8th out of the 11 state schools. So keep on talking.

Suitcase college? This is especially funny coming from a guy that went to USF. We have more students living on campus than them (actually only UF has more on campus beds than UCF). And, many more apartment complexes surrounding the campus on University and Alafaya. I can tell you've never been to UCF. Whatever the reason Florida Tech (even though your reason is full of it) was started for in 1963, it's irrelevant in 2004.

As for Marshall's admissions profile. Your <a href='http://www.marshall.edu/irp/' target='_blank'>Office of Institutional Research and Planning</a> use to have that middle 50% info available. The last time I went to that site was when we first joined the MAC. Now (for the 2003 class) they make no reference to SATs and show an ACT average of 22.1 -- the SAT equivalent to that is around 1020-1050. You do know what an average is right?
02-25-2004 06:21 PM
HerdChemist89 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote: Now (for the 2003 class) they make no reference to SATs and show an ACT average of 22.1 -- the SAT equivalent to that is around 1020-1050. You do know what an average is right?

Good. Seems like you disproved your own earlier statement that our 75th percentile has a mean SAT equivalent of around a 1000 or so.

Mean SAT ( I'll use your estimation...for your benefit ) =~ 1020-1050. Lets assume that's a 50th percentile. If I remember this is a reasonable assumption for a symmetrical gaussian distribution.

No way, then, would our 75th percentile have this value. No matter what model you use to describe our student population.

If we assumed a Normal Gaussian Distribution ( Bell Curve) based upon a 1020-1050 mean that would lead me to guesstimate ( please don't make me SAS or JMP this....if you know what SAS is and you prolly don't ) that our 75th Percentile ( or top 25%) mean is around 1250-1350(conservatively). Just a guess. But not bad. Not bad at all...better than many schools out there.

Thanks for the good news !

:snore: :snore:
02-25-2004 06:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.