Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All Conference:
Bookmark and Share
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
All Conference:

03-10-2020 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

RE: All Conference:

03-10-2020 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
I thought Jaydon Gardner should have beem considered for 1st team

03-10-2020 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
Whoa, is Jarron going to go back-to-back, or will Tre Scott win the POY? No way Igbanu or Vital get it (right?), and while Precious is awesome, I can't see them giving it to guy whose team finished so low in the standings.

03-10-2020 01:20 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
(03-10-2020 01:20 PM)levydl Wrote:  Whoa, is Jarron going to go back-to-back, or will Tre Scott win the POY? No way Igbanu or Vital get it (right?), and while Precious is awesome, I can't see them giving it to guy whose team finished so low in the standings.

Achuiwa was the only unanimous first team selection so that would hint that he will win.

03-10-2020 01:22 PM
bearcatmark Offline

(03-10-2020 01:20 PM)levydl Wrote:  Whoa, is Jarron going to go back-to-back, or will Tre Scott win the POY? No way Igbanu or Vital get it (right?), and while Precious is awesome, I can't see them giving it to guy whose team finished so low in the standings.

I legitimately think anyone on the first team could win it (though I'm more skeptical of Vital winning it).

03-10-2020 01:27 PM
Advertisement

levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-10-2020 01:22 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  

Achuiwa was the only unanimous first team selection so that would hint that he will win.

Ah, thank you. Well, woulda been cool had either Jarron or Tre won. Achuiwa is deserving.

03-10-2020 01:27 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
The award is going to Prescious, and that is who it should go to. Honestly, he is the best player in this league.

03-10-2020 01:28 PM
bearcatmark Offline

(03-10-2020 01:28 PM)jarr Wrote:  The award is going to Prescious, and that is who it should go to. Honestly, he is the best player in this league.

He's awesome on defense and on the glass. He'd be a worthy player of the year, especially in a down year for that aware...BUT he's been an inefficient offensive player, which isn't great for a big. I don't think it's clear cut, but I think he may win by default.

03-10-2020 01:31 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
How recently has UC had two first team all conference players in the same season? Regardless, both are deserving and it's great for them and for Cincinnati basketball.

Lets hope the Bearcats can grab some more headlines, beginning Friday afternoon.

03-10-2020 01:37 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
All Conference:
Yeah, Precious earned it. Though Jarron likely gets it again if healthy. Shame we never got to see Wiseman

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

03-10-2020 01:37 PM
Advertisement

Yawny Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
(03-10-2020 01:31 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(03-10-2020 01:28 PM)jarr Wrote:  The award is going to Prescious, and that is who it should go to. Honestly, he is the best player in this league.

He's awesome on defense and on the glass. He'd be a worthy player of the year, especially in a down year for that aware...BUT he's been an inefficient offensive player, which isn't great for a big. I don't think it's clear cut, but I think he may win by default.

Has a non-unanimous first-team player won the AAC CPOY award ever? Small sample size but still.

03-10-2020 01:40 PM
Sweetness Offline
Special Teams

(03-10-2020 01:37 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  How recently has UC had two first team all conference players in the same season? Regardless, both are deserving and it's great for them and for Cincinnati basketball.

Lets hope the Bearcats can grab some more headlines, beginning Friday afternoon.

Didn't we like 2 years ago? With Clark and Evans

03-10-2020 01:40 PM
Yawny Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-10-2020 01:40 PM)Sweetness Wrote:  
(03-10-2020 01:37 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  How recently has UC had two first team all conference players in the same season? Regardless, both are deserving and it's great for them and for Cincinnati basketball.

Didn't we like 2 years ago? With Clark and Evans

Correct. Gary was unanimous that year and, obviously, won CPOY as well.

03-10-2020 01:41 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
I don't think a player of the year should come from a team who finishes out of the money. Old school.

That said kudos to our guys, and way to go for Tre. Definitely didn't think this was going to be the case at the end of December. Big, big comeback on his part.

Anyone want to speculate who did not vote Tre first team? With his numbers, and the #1 seed, speculation?

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020 01:47 PM by dsquare.)
03-10-2020 01:42 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(03-10-2020 01:31 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

But given JC's shooting percentages being down and TO's being up he's been inefficient as well. No doubt in my mind he would win the award if he had been healthy this year. I'd be surprised if it's not Precious.

03-10-2020 01:47 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(03-10-2020 01:42 PM)dsquare Wrote:  I don't think a player of the year should come from a team who finishes out of the money. Old school.

That said kudos to our guys, and way to go for Tre. Definitely didn't think this was going to be the case at the end of December. Big, big comeback on his part.

Anyone want to speculate who did not vote Tre first team? With his numbers, and the #1 seed, speculation?

Well he didn't really have all that good of a performance in either of our Wichita State games:

@ WSU: 9 points and 11 boards
vs. WSU: 8 points and 11 boards

He also had downright bad games against SMU and Tulane:

vs. SMU: 3 points and 9 boards
@ Tulane: 3 points and 6 boards (and 8 assists)

While they're good numbers, those don't scream 1st team if that is your only exposure to him. I'd venture a guess at any of those three schools being the one to not vote him 1st. Certainly wouldn't be Houston, Memphis, UConn, UCF, USF, or ECU given his performances...he was ok against Tulsa and Temple.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020 02:13 PM by BearcatMan.)
03-10-2020 02:12 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
Wow. Congrats to Jarron and Trevon. Good for UC basketball.

03-10-2020 02:34 PM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Nice, well deserved and congrats to both! Now, lets hope they finish out there careers on at least a semi-positive note and really mark their place in Bearcat history! Not that they haven't already but you all know what I mean.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020 02:41 PM by natibeast21.)
03-10-2020 02:40 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Considering how things started out this year for our team this is absolutely WUNDERBAR! Raise your hand if you thought Tre would get first team all conference before the year began...

...still no hands raised. Major props to that man who worked his tail off and kept grinding. I still say his biggest asset was his leadership to the team.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020 03:53 PM by UCGrad1992.)
03-10-2020 03:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.