Open TigerLinks

Good thing we are a football school
Bookmark and Share
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Let's just hope this isn't Larry Porter 2.0.
01-25-2020 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Good thing we are a football school
(01-25-2020 07:21 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Let's just hope this isn't Larry Porter 2.0.

Tigers are 14-5. And have two winning seasons. We aren't yet at the scorched earth that we were in football.
01-25-2020 07:26 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Hey, don't forget three weeks from today Tiger baseball has their opening series. Coach Schoenrock starts his 16th year at the helm. I wish our other Tiger teams had that kind of leadership stability.
01-25-2020 07:27 PM
Advertisement

MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
(01-25-2020 07:27 PM)UofMark Wrote:  Hey, don't forget three weeks from today Tiger baseball has their opening series. Coach Schoenrock starts his 16th year at the helm. I wish our other Tiger teams had that kind of leadership stability.

Haha, way to look at the bright side! 04-cheers
01-25-2020 07:51 PM
Tigator14 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: U of M Tigers
(01-25-2020 07:51 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  
(01-25-2020 07:27 PM)UofMark Wrote:  Hey, don't forget three weeks from today Tiger baseball has their opening series. Coach Schoenrock starts his 16th year at the helm. I wish our other Tiger teams had that kind of leadership stability.

Unfortunately, there is really no bright side, other than longevity to celebrate.

3 pretty nice seasons of 36-27, 35-24 and 37-21 equates to .600%

5 mediocre seasons of .520%

7 awful seasons of .377%

Coach Rock is a great leader and example for the young men he coaches, and I commend him for that. We are just in a very prolonged rut over the past 20 years or so in this great sport.

Couple of points of emphasis. 1)Tough area to recruit due to the many varied top programs in this part of the country, both MS schools, Vandy, AR, AL, just to name a few. 2)Not sure the university offers much of a budget for the baseball team and much work is needed facility wide etc. to push the program further.

I certainly plan to continue to support Tigers Baseball as in the past, however the AD and school needs to provide some emphasis on lifting this sport and program out of the doldrums.
01-27-2020 04:09 PM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(01-25-2020 07:21 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Let's just hope this isn't Larry Porter 2.0.

I have an honest question for you. Did you even see a single game last year? I will assume that you didn't because if you did, you wouldn't make a statement like this.

This year is a combination of roster imbalance (losing Wiseman and not having a blue chip point guard), dealing with the youngest team in the country, and for sure Penny's relative lack of experience.

We all have legitimate concerns, but it is shocking to see how some of our "fans" have gone into hysterics. There is still a lot of basketball left to be played. The players will continue to learn and Penny will continue to learn along with them.
01-27-2020 04:30 PM
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-27-2020 04:30 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

I have an honest question for you. Did you even see a single game last year? I will assume that you didn't because if you did, you wouldn't make a statement like this.

This year is a combination of roster imbalance (losing Wiseman and not having a blue chip point guard), dealing with the youngest team in the country, and for sure Penny's relative lack of experience.

We all have legitimate concerns, but it is shocking to see how some of our "fans" have gone into hysterics. There is still a lot of basketball left to be played. The players will continue to learn and Penny will continue to learn along with them.

Yup. 04-cheers
01-27-2020 09:47 PM
Advertisement

tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(01-27-2020 04:30 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-28-2020 09:21 AM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
OP, seriously? wtf
01-28-2020 09:38 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
(01-27-2020 04:09 PM)Tigator14 Wrote:  
(01-25-2020 07:51 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  

Unfortunately, there is really no bright side, other than longevity to celebrate.

3 pretty nice seasons of 36-27, 35-24 and 37-21 equates to .600%

5 mediocre seasons of .520%

7 awful seasons of .377%

Coach Rock is a great leader and example for the young men he coaches, and I commend him for that. We are just in a very prolonged rut over the past 20 years or so in this great sport.

Couple of points of emphasis. 1)Tough area to recruit due to the many varied top programs in this part of the country, both MS schools, Vandy, AR, AL, just to name a few. 2)Not sure the university offers much of a budget for the baseball team and much work is needed facility wide etc. to push the program further.

I certainly plan to continue to support Tigers Baseball as in the past, however the AD and school needs to provide some emphasis on lifting this sport and program out of the doldrums.

It was a joke smh
01-28-2020 10:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.