Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Updated Men's Basketball Teams injury reports
jedclampett Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
MyBB Updated Men's Basketball Teams injury reports
While we all have online access to the teams' records and box scores, it would be of interest to know which AAC teams are dealing with injuries to key players.

I'll start the ball rolling with a quick report on Temple:

(note the most recent updates indicating each player's playing status)

Four of Temple's 12 eligible scholarship players have missed some recent games due to injuries:

Damian Dunn (G/W; true freshman; potential impact player): Pre-season foot surgery. The foot has recovered sufficiently for him to practice, and if all goes well, he may be able to play his first D1 game early in January.

Damion Moore (C; senior): "Bulging disk" (back injury), out since game 2. News Update: He was able to play 3 productive minutes vs. St. Joseph's, scoring 2 pts and getting 3 rb.
Josh Pierre-Louis (G; true freshman): Wrist injury sustained during Orlando Invitational, missed a few games. News Update: He was able to play 24 minutes vs. St. Joseph's, scoring 9 pts and getting 3 rb. & 2 assists.
Arashma Parks (PF; RS freshman): Minor injury to shoulder that he had previously required surgery for, after being sidelined for his entire freshman year. News Update: He was able to play 13 very productive minutes vs. St. Joseph's, scoring 10 pts and getting 2 rb.

The main solace for Temple, while these players have been out with injuries, has been that the Owls roster has been bolstered by the waiver granted to PF Jake Forrester, who has been an impact/role player in 15-20 mpg in his first four games at Temple.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019 01:35 AM by jedclampett.)
12-10-2019 04:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRR_IV Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Men's Basketball Teams injury reports, 12-10-19
Memphis has been down two starters, but still only has the one loss to Oregon on the year with a game vs Tennessee looming.

Wiseman due back Jan 12th and would expect Lester Quinones back generally around that same time.
12-10-2019 09:23 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(12-10-2019 09:23 AM)JRR_IV Wrote:  Memphis has been down two starters, but still only has the one loss to Oregon on the year with a game vs Tennessee looming.

Wiseman due back Jan 12th and would expect Lester Quinones back generally around that same time.

The initial report was Lester could return in three weeks or in time for the Jackson St or UNO games. However, I have not heard an update on his condition.
12-10-2019 10:08 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
-Seth LeDay has missed the last 3 games with complications from his ACL, and was limited several games before that coming off ACL. Doesn't look like he's going to be healthy all year. If I were him I would shut it down. Trying to comeback in 8 months from an ACL seemed pretty ambitious anyway.

-Debaut who started the first 3 games is out for the year with foot surgery.

- Miles is in concussion protocol.

-Robinson-White still has a minutes restriction.

The big one is LeDay. I still think he was our 2nd best player again this year and he actually looked good and was as productive per minute when he was on the court, doesn't look like he's going to be on much though moving forward if I were guessing.

He's already got a 5th year I believe so I doubt he can get a medical redshirt year.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019 10:18 AM by StillJonesing.)
12-10-2019 10:16 AM
justinhub2003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Jarron has a Hip Pointer. which can lingle all season long. And On top of being out of shape due to missing all summer with a bunyon removal

Jay Sorolla dressed for the Xavier and warmed up with team. leads me to believe he will be back soon. I think we see him back for Colgate or Tennessee.
12-10-2019 11:05 AM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

Everybody. Some guys recently returned, but other guys are still out. The good news is that they are in the middle of a mini-break so guys are finally getting practice time.
12-10-2019 11:22 AM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(12-10-2019 10:16 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  -Seth LeDay has missed the last 3 games with complications from his ACL, and was limited several games before that coming off ACL. Doesn't look like he's going to be healthy all year. If I were him I would shut it down. Trying to comeback in 8 months from an ACL seemed pretty ambitious anyway.

-Debaut who started the first 3 games is out for the year with foot surgery.

- Miles is in concussion protocol.

-Robinson-White still has a minutes restriction.

The big one is LeDay. I still think he was our 2nd best player again this year and he actually looked good and was as productive per minute when he was on the court, doesn't look like he's going to be on much though moving forward if I were guessing.

He's already got a 5th year I believe so I doubt he can get a medical redshirt year.

Leday in the limited minutes he's been able to play has looked pretty good, but yeah it doesn't really matter the damage has long since been done we've already got 6 losses that I suspect end up being Q4 losses there's no salvaging anything from this year. The only achievable goals at this point are to just hope for improvement from the young guys on the team and hope that at least 1 of the JUCO's not named Jackson or Robinson shows they are worthy of being on the team next year. I feel confident about the former and extremely pessimistic about the latter.
12-10-2019 11:39 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I'd say shut LeDay down and medical redshirt him if it was possible, but there is no chance of that happening. I just looked it up, this is the guys 6th year in college. That's kind of amazing itself. I wonder what kind of classes he is even taking at this point.

Personally if I were LeDay I just walk away from the program right now after exams and get healthy. He's got to have at least one degree and he's put enough good play on tapes he can go overseas and make money when he's healthy. Even this year after coming back he's looked just as good when he was on the court so he's checked that box already coming back from the worst of his ACL injury.

There's no point in doing anymore damage for a team like we have, he should just get it healthy the rest of the season and the coaching staff really shouldn't push him out there if he's not right. We need him but it's a real disservice to him if his knee isn't 100%. I have no info but it wouldn't shock me if he leaves the program after exams, 6 years of college, he has to be sick of it.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019 11:55 AM by StillJonesing.)
12-10-2019 11:48 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(12-10-2019 11:48 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  I'd say shut LeDay down and medical redshirt him if it was possible, but there is no chance of that happening. I just looked it up, this is the guys 6th year in college. That's kind of amazing itself. I wonder what kind of classes he is even taking at this point.

Personally if I were LeDay I just walk away from the program right now after exams and get healthy. He's got to have at least one degree and he's put enough good play on tapes he can go overseas and make money when he's healthy. Even this year after coming back he's looked just as good when he was on the court so he's checked that box already coming back from the worst of his ACL injury.

There's no point in doing anymore damage for a team like we have, he should just get it healthy the rest of the season and the coaching staff really shouldn't push him out there if he's not right. We need him but it's a real disservice to him if his knee isn't 100%. I have no info but it wouldn't shock me if he leaves the program after exams, 6 years of college, he has to be sick of it.

Yeah I agree for him personally it probably makes the most sense for his long term health and career prospects, and for ECU at this point it would probably be best to use the minutes you'd give to him to someone else and hell just see if a light comes on for at least 1 of these JUCO's. It probably doesn't and they probably all need to be cut next year, but since the season is over and Leday's gone next year either way maybe we get lucky and by giving Baruti or Miles or James those minutes one of them figures something out and makes themselves worthy of keeping.
12-10-2019 12:05 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
(12-10-2019 10:08 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  
(12-10-2019 09:23 AM)JRR_IV Wrote:  Memphis has been down two starters, but still only has the one loss to Oregon on the year with a game vs Tennessee looming.

The initial report was Lester could return in three weeks or in time for the Jackson St or UNO games. However, I have not heard an update on his condition.

Yeah, New Orleans is ranked 280 and Jackson State 334 so I wouldn't be surprised if he is held out another week. We then play Tulane at home on the 28th. Worst case is you hold him out until the Georgia game on Jan. 4.
12-10-2019 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(12-10-2019 01:48 PM)mairving Wrote:  
(12-10-2019 10:08 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  

Yeah, New Orleans is ranked 280 and Jackson State 334 so I wouldn't be surprised if he is held out another week. We then play Tulane at home on the 28th. Worst case is you hold him out until the Georgia game on Jan. 4.
If he is ready, it would be beneficial for him to shake the rust off against a lower ranked OOC team rather than Tulane or GA.
12-10-2019 01:59 PM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-10-2019 04:34 AM)jedclampett Wrote:  Damian Dunn (G/W; true freshman): Pre-season foot surgery "no timetable for recovery."

Incorrect
12-10-2019 05:26 PM
Shockem Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WSU
WSU has everyone healthy except our freshman Josephat Bllau, who it seems in gonna redshirt.

Jaime Echenique missed the first several weeks with a broken hand but he’s been back several games now. We also missed Jamarius Burton a few games for some type of injury.

Dexter Dennis has some sort of mental injury it seems. He’s been missing since game 2.
12-10-2019 05:34 PM
jedclampett Offline
All American

(12-10-2019 05:26 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(12-10-2019 04:34 AM)jedclampett Wrote:  Damian Dunn (G/W; true freshman): Pre-season foot surgery "no timetable for recovery."

Incorrect

At least two different web sites that I checked, last night, reported his foot situation as "no timetable for recovery." If there is a clear timetable now, that's quite a recent development.

A more complete story - which I didn't have enough time to go into when posting - is that Dunn has been limited to stationary shooting practice, walking, and riding stationary bike. He's ambulatory enough to do that, but apparently not enough to practice much, if at all. Hope he's come a little further than that.

Once the foot is ready to go, he's going to need some conditioning work, perhaps more PT. When he starts to practice, he's going to have to take it really easy at first, and maybe won't be in shape or near 100% for at least a couple or a few more weeks. Even when the foot is 100%, he'll probably have to shake some rust off.

Coach McKie has made it clear that he's not going to play Dunn until he's absolutely sure that the foot is 100% and fully recovered.

We may not see Dunn become a hoped-for impact player until some time after he makes a few short appearances in games during conference schedule.
12-10-2019 09:38 PM
jedclampett Offline
All American

RE: Updated Men's Basketball Teams injury reports
UPDATE:

Three of the four injured Temple players were able to play (3, 13, and 24 minutes) in today's game vs. St. Joseph's, which the Owls won, 108-64 (see revised original post above).
12-10-2019 09:59 PM
jedclampett Offline
All American

Great to get the updates on Cincy, Memphis, & ECU.

Any injury reports/updates on the other 8 AAC teams?
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019 01:03 AM by jedclampett.)
12-10-2019 10:01 PM
Advertisement

GoShox7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Shox
Wichita State seems to be healthy now. Jaime Echinique has reached the 6 week mark which was the goal to not re-injure the fractured hand. Jamarius Burton is healthy now from the sprained ankle.
12-10-2019 10:06 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-10-2019 09:38 PM)jedclampett Wrote:  
(12-10-2019 05:26 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  

Incorrect

At least two different web sites that I checked, last night, reported his foot situation as "no timetable for recovery." If there is a clear timetable now, that's quite a recent development.

A more complete story - which I didn't have enough time to go into when posting - is that Dunn has been limited to stationary shooting practice, walking, and riding stationary bike. He's ambulatory enough to do that, but apparently not enough to practice much, if at all. Hope he's come a little further than that.

Once the foot is ready to go, he's going to need some conditioning work, perhaps more PT. When he starts to practice, he's going to have to take it really easy at first, and maybe won't be in shape or near 100% for at least a couple or a few more weeks. Even when the foot is 100%, he'll probably have to shake some rust off.

Coach McKie has made it clear that he's not going to play Dunn until he's absolutely sure that the foot is 100% and fully recovered.

We may not see Dunn become a hoped-for impact player until some time after he makes a few short appearances in games during conference schedule.

It's not public information, but if you subscribed to OwlScoop, you'd know that there are two games in mind for Dunn to be back by.
12-10-2019 10:45 PM
jedclampett Offline
All American

(12-10-2019 10:45 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  It's not public information, but if you subscribed to OwlScoop, you'd know that there are two games in mind for Dunn to be back by.

Good suggestion, and great news!

Time for another update to the OP...
12-11-2019 01:18 AM
jedclampett Offline
All American

Here ARE partial/incomplete reportS from two sources:

According to https://www.scacchoops.com/injuries.asp?conference=AAC

School...........Player...............Injury................Playing Status/Details
UCF...............Akok................Academics..........Out (indefinitely)
Cincy.............Cumberland......Hip (Pointer).......Probable
Cincy.............Sorolla..............Foot..................Probable
Cincy.............Toyambi............Heart.................Out (indefinitely)
Cincy.............Moore...............Achilles..............Out (for season)
Houston..........Roberts ...........Hand.................Out (for season)
Memphis.........Wiseman..........Ineligible............Out (until Jan. 12th)
Memphis.........Quinones..........Hand.................Out (indefinitely)
Memphis.........Dandridge.........Undisclosed........Out (indefinitely)
SMU...............Young...............Redshirt............Out (for season)
USF................Yetna................Knee.................Out (for season)
USF................Kiir...................Personal.............Has left team.

From https://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLo...uries.html
UConn.............Springs............Heart.................Out (for season)
UConn.............Cole.................Heart.................Out (for season)
Tulsa...............Simpson............Eligibility...........Out (for season)
Tulsa...............Haywood............Eligibility..........Out (for season)
Tulane............."No injuries to be reported."
Wichita St........"No injuries to be reported."
Temple & ECU injuries/eligibility discussed above in this thread.
ECU.................Injuries described previously in this thread (see above).
Temple.............Dunn...............Foot..................Out (until early Jan.)
Temple............Damion Moore....Back.................Probable
Temple.............Parks................Shoulder...........Probable
Temple..........Josh Pierre-Louis...Wrist.................Probable
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019 03:07 AM by jedclampett.)
12-11-2019 02:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.