FSU confident it will hire Mike Norvell
12-04-2019 10:35 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
RE: FSU confident it will hire Mike Norvell
Unless something drastic happens, Saturday will probably the last game Norvell coaches at Memphis.
12-04-2019 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
There is nothing in there. Per a "source" "Norvell is a candidate they are confident they can secure"... Okay... So, basically, they are just publishing an article about the candidate with the smoke right now and no actual substance.
12-04-2019 10:48 AM
msu651981 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis
Chin up everyone. If you are going to have a problem it is a good problem to have. We went about 30 years without any coaches being hired away from us. Now our last two head coaches along with the numerous assistant coaches (almost too many to count) have, or will move on to better jobs. We are now known as a program that is a place coaches want to come to increase their potential prospects. Unfortunately, that is all we can hope for unless We are invited to a P5 conference. However, it is better than the alternative we suffered before Fuente and Norvell.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 10:52 AM by msu651981.)
12-04-2019 10:51 AM
450bench Offline

(12-04-2019 10:48 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  There is nothing in there. Per a "source" "Norvell is a candidate they are confident they can secure"... Okay... So, basically, they are just publishing an article about the candidate with the smoke right now and no actual substance.

^^^
12-04-2019 10:52 AM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I think it will likely happen, but the "confident it will hire" part sounds more like program arrogance and superiority complex than an assessment of the situation. I suggest they don't go there. It might kill the whole deal for them.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 10:54 AM by Claw.)
12-04-2019 10:53 AM
Advertisement

Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
It’s a done deal.
12-04-2019 10:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UOFMGLENN Offline
The Grand Wazoo

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
With this game being so important and with the distractions the rumors are causing, if the rumors were not correct one would think Norvell would publicly make a statement to avoid the possible distractions. He has not made any comment so it looks bad for him to be here for another year. I hate it but it is what it is.
12-04-2019 11:04 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
I'll say this... apparently nothing concrete has leaked out. That's kind of amazing.
12-04-2019 11:08 AM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I would venture MN may have not personally had any discussions directly with FSU beyond a get-to-know you face-to-face. Rather he has likely provided requirements/parameters to get him to accept the job if offered & a commitment to sign if required conditions are met through his agent (Sexton). So that enables MN to focus this week on the game prep & be able to communicate (like he has) that there are a lot of unreturned messages.
12-04-2019 11:22 AM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

It's times like these I'm reminded how this board has very few insiders.

Just a bunch of phonies.
12-04-2019 11:28 AM
Advertisement

mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

(12-04-2019 11:28 AM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  It's times like these I'm reminded how this board has very few insiders.

Just a bunch of phonies.

Don't care for the "inside scoop" ... will wait until official word breaks from the outlets ... no need to sweat this kind of stuff. Its a good position to be in, quite honestly. Bigger things to worry about. MN is a class act.
12-04-2019 11:32 AM
aardWolf Online
Heisman

Be very careful...

"The rush to get rid of Taggart was seen from those within the FSU football fanbase and boosters who were against his hire from the start for a variety of reasons"

Who is to say there won't be boosters who are against hiring their next coach?

Plus, the only reason they passed on Bob Stoops is that Bob Stoops said he wanted to coach his XFL team. I have a feeling he'll be available next year when the XFL inevitably fails... So whoever they hire between now and then will just be a stopgap coach that will be shown the door as soon as Stoops is available.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 11:35 AM by aardWolf.)
12-04-2019 11:33 AM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
(12-04-2019 11:04 AM)UOFMGLENN Wrote:  With this game being so important and with the distractions the rumors are causing, if the rumors were not correct one would think Norvell would publicly make a statement to avoid the possible distractions. He has not made any comment so it looks bad for him to be here for another year. I hate it but it is what it is.

Only if he did that everyone would start linking him to another job.

Luke Fickell to FSU!
12-04-2019 11:34 AM
450bench Offline

(12-04-2019 11:32 AM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  
(12-04-2019 11:28 AM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  It's times like these I'm reminded how this board has very few insiders.

Just a bunch of phonies.

Don't care for the "inside scoop" ... will wait until official word breaks from the outlets ... no need to sweat this kind of stuff. Its a good position to be in, quite honestly. Bigger things to worry about. MN is a class act.

Great post. Agreed
12-04-2019 11:34 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Mizzou also said he was their top target and confident they would get him. Until they were told nope.

But FSU isnt Mizzou, and if FSU is agreeing to 4.5million per year minimum, and improvement to facilities, it could be a done deal. And good for Norvell. FSU likely flew in to meet with Norvell and/or Sexton the week prior to Nov 20th, so they may have known for weeks what it would take to seal the deal.

And it appears that they went out and looked at other coaches after that initial meeting (such as Kelly at ND). So, they were probably really wanting a big name/P5 hire, and are trying to deal with an uninformed fanbase that doesnt want another Taggart situation.
12-04-2019 11:35 AM
Advertisement

Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
(12-04-2019 10:55 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  It’s a done deal.

Yep. Dont have to be a insider to see the writing on the wall.

Death. Taxes.
Coaches leaving for a better job.
12-04-2019 11:45 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(12-04-2019 11:32 AM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  

Just a bunch of phonies.

It's pretty hard to get a scoop on a coaching hire since everyone likes to keep their cards close to the vest and the team is still playing. There does seem to be a lot of smoke but we want all the smoke anyway.
12-04-2019 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UOFMGLENN Offline
The Grand Wazoo

(12-04-2019 11:34 AM)Bill83 Wrote:  
(12-04-2019 11:04 AM)UOFMGLENN Wrote:  With this game being so important and with the distractions the rumors are causing, if the rumors were not correct one would think Norvell would publicly make a statement to avoid the possible distractions. He has not made any comment so it looks bad for him to be here for another year. I hate it but it is what it is.

Only if he did that everyone would start linking him to another job.

Luke Fickell to FSU!
Who knows maybe the coach of the winning team of the AAC championship game gets the FSU job. 02-13-banana01-donnankungfu
12-04-2019 11:51 AM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

There's agreement and then there's done. A lot of things can go wrong in between.
12-04-2019 11:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.