Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

C-USA: Somebody’s Gotta Win!
Bookmark and Share
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
C-USA: Somebody’s Gotta Win!
Congratulations to WKU for notching C-USA’s first win over a Top-100 team (Massey), FIU!

(Well, formerly top 100, as Massey has unceremoniously dropped them to 112. That’s one spot ahead of WKU, if you’re keeping score.)
09-08-2019 07:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: C-USA: Somebody’s Gotta Win!
From what I have seen so far, Marshall looks to be the lead horse....
09-08-2019 08:58 AM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(09-08-2019 08:58 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  From what I have seen so far, Marshall looks to be the lead horse....

I agree with that.

I thought FIU, though would be better than what they've shown. That's one of the biggest disappointments at this early point.
09-08-2019 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
UTSA is going nowhere as long as we keep Coach Wilson at the helm. Last year I threw away the Frank Wilson bobblehead sent out to season ticket holders - took a picture of it in the trash in fact - and posted it on our fan site. New threads started on our fan site get linked up on Twitter, and Coach Wilson must've come across that one because he blocked me from his Twitter the next day (LOL), and I've been blocked since.

Nevertheless, I was willing to give him one more shot this year, even without the bobblehead. But I'm completely done with his circus show now. Yesterday was an absolute embarrassment. There's just no reason for what happened. Baylor is not that good, and UTSA is not that bad. Wilson is a good recruiter and we have some pretty decent talent on our team, but the product on the field doesn't even begin to show it. We're so poorly coached that our team isn't even self-aware enough to snap a ball while 3 (not one, not two, but three) of their players are JOGGING off the field. Our offense was set, and it literally took their THREE players a good 4 seconds to get off the field as they were just taking their time, and we didn't even snap the ball to get the 5 yards. This happened on our last possession of the first half. That's basic stuff!! For that matter, we weren't in any hurry to go anywhere ourselves at the end of the first half even though we were at mid-field and could've used something positive going into the locker room. We even left all 3 timeouts on the board.

I'm so done with this guy. I'll continue to go to the games, as I have 5 season tickets, but only as a show of solidarity with our players who chose to get their education at UTSA and play for our program. Wilson is the 2nd-highest paid coach in C-USA and we're getting robbed blind by this fool.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 11:46 AM by Volkmar.)
09-08-2019 11:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DustMyBroom Offline
2nd String

(09-08-2019 08:58 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  From what I have seen so far, Marshall looks to be the lead horse....

And Rice is the only other team that looks better than it did last year. UNT needs to quit expecting Fine to win every game for them, LaTech needs to upgrade its offense, UTEP needs to somehow develop a pulse, UAB needs time to adjust to life after 37 26 year old seniors, and Southern Miss and UTSA need new coaches.

The East seems like a lot of teams doing positive things...except being competitive and building on what they have.

By all rights, it should be a competitive offseason for football coaches in CUSA schools’ price range...unfortunately, it probably won’t be.
09-08-2019 11:35 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Should call the league office and pimp that as our official slogan. It's spot on.
09-08-2019 03:52 PM
Advertisement

TribeNiner Offline
1st String

I Root For: Niners/WM/Hoyas
(09-08-2019 11:35 AM)DustMyBroom Wrote:  And Rice is the only other team that looks better than it did last year.

The East seems like a lot of teams doing positive things...except being competitive and building on what they have.

I think most Charlotte fans would disagree.
09-08-2019 03:56 PM
PSCNiner Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-08-2019 11:35 AM)DustMyBroom Wrote:  

And Rice is the only other team that looks better than it did last year. UNT needs to quit expecting Fine to win every game for them, LaTech needs to upgrade its offense, UTEP needs to somehow develop a pulse, UAB needs time to adjust to life after 37 26 year old seniors, and Southern Miss and UTSA need new coaches.

By all rights, it should be a competitive offseason for football coaches in CUSA schools’ price range...unfortunately, it probably won’t be.
Uh, no, I don't think so.
09-08-2019 05:07 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
It wont be North Texas. Our defense is catastrophically bad. We lost a lot to graduation but I kind of thought the "next man up" would be fine. It absolutely is not. We are going to need serious improvement to even have a remote shot at winning the west. Or we will have to score 50 every game.
09-08-2019 09:42 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies

IF we don't figure out how to generate points vs FBS, we aren't winning ****.
09-09-2019 02:45 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(09-08-2019 09:42 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  It wont be North Texas. Our defense is catastrophically bad. We lost a lot to graduation but I kind of thought the "next man up" would be fine. It absolutely is not. We are going to need serious improvement to even have a remote shot at winning the west. Or we will have to score 50 every game.

Fifty would have done the trick last week.
09-09-2019 09:30 AM
Advertisement

BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
In October, FB rankings in CUSA get Real. MY "Way Too Early" rankings: Marshall's the team to beat in CUSA East. In CUSA West, La Tech's the big dog (or is it big bulldog?).
09-09-2019 09:51 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(09-09-2019 09:51 AM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  In October, FB rankings in CUSA get Real. MY "Way Too Early" rankings: Marshall's the team to beat in CUSA East. In CUSA West, La Tech's the big dog (or is it big bulldog?).

Superpup!!
09-09-2019 09:56 AM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(09-09-2019 02:45 AM)MUther Wrote:  

IF we don't figure out how to generate points vs FBS, we aren't winning ****.
Your defense has looked very good so far
09-09-2019 09:30 PM
va-eagle Offline
1st String

(09-09-2019 09:51 AM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  In October, FB rankings in CUSA get Real. MY "Way Too Early" rankings: Marshall's the team to beat in CUSA East. In CUSA West, La Tech's the big dog (or is it big bulldog?).

The same La Tech that struggled against Grambling?
09-09-2019 10:05 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(09-09-2019 10:05 PM)va-eagle Wrote:  

The same La Tech that struggled against Grambling?

I guess Grambling would walk off with second in the West according to those paying attention in Murfreesboro....
09-10-2019 12:00 AM
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
Lets be honest. This entire league is one big pile of ?. And maybe Marshall is on top of the pile, right now, but its still the same stinking pile.

All of our only hope, is for this conference to dissolve and for a new league to form and get back to regional conferences with maybe a few of us lucky to land together with the best of the belt to make a slightly better conference
09-10-2019 12:04 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(09-08-2019 11:35 AM)DustMyBroom Wrote:  

This is Skip Holtz we are talking about...he will win games by 7 and no more until the day he retires. Honestly, the day he left most ECU fans and students were really disappointed (and it was for USF no less). Then in comes Ruffin McNeil and Lincoln Riley, possibly the best hires ECU could've ever made, and all was forgotten.

Skip is a quality coach and a good leader for a program but he does nothing exceptional. Beating Virginia Tech and a Pat White led WVU in 2008 were the peak of his coaching at ECU. In 2009 ECU lost 13-3 on a Thursday night to Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Williams led Virginia Tech team and that was his last season, and chance, to make a statement.

Since that moment, he's been just alright, which he seems content with.
09-10-2019 09:26 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(09-08-2019 03:56 PM)TribeNiner Wrote:  
(09-08-2019 11:35 AM)DustMyBroom Wrote:  And Rice is the only other team that looks better than it did last year.

I think most Charlotte fans would disagree.

Charlotte looks leaps and bounds better than last year (except for special teams and some questionable qb play).
09-10-2019 09:38 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-08-2019 09:46 AM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  

I agree with that.

I thought FIU, though would be better than what they've shown. That's one of the biggest disappointments at this early point.

Same. Anyone have insight on what's happening with FIU? Bad luck in two games or are they just all-around not very good? Or did WKU get unlucky week 1 and maybe is better than we all thought?
09-10-2019 09:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.