Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher says he is still fighting the Navy despite trial outcome
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher says he is still fighting the Navy despite trial outcome
Quote:The Navy SEAL special ops chief whose name was cleared in the killing of a teenage Islamic State militant while deployed in Iraq says that he is still fighting his commanders.

Eddie Gallagher and his family told “FOX & Friends Weekend” on Saturday that despite a jury finding him not guilty of murder and attempted murder last month, the Navy still “have their thumb” on him.

“They are looking at any reason to prosecute me right now,” he said. “I’ve been happy to be home, be back with my kids and wife, trying to enjoy life as best as possible. Unfortunately, we are still in this fight, but we’re keeping our heads held high.”

Gallagher had been accused of stabbing to death a 15-year-old ISIS fighter in 2017 and then posing with the corpse for photos. A jury in San Diego found the decorated Navy SEAL not guilty on six of seven charges for his connection to the killing.

“It’s still surreal at this point. It’s hard to take in,” he said Saturday morning. “I have a lot of thoughts on the matter, but unfortunately I am still in the Navy, they still have their thumb on me.”

His wife, Andrea Gallagher, told co-host Pete Hegseth that they are still being “terrorized” by the Navy, which she said are withholding her husband’s retirement from the service.

“The problem with the system is that everyone told us to trust it. Everyone told us to trust the process, trust the system,” she said. “Well we did, we won and we’re still be terrorized.”

She added: “They are trying to take away his rank, they are trying to get his retirement, his ability to get his disability. All of these things are sour grapes because they lost.”

Gallagher’s brother Sean said his brother has been vindicated, but that the Navy is “so mad they lost” that they are trying to prevent him from going home and living his life like a normal person.

“The guy has been in [the Navy] 20 years, eight combat tours,” he said. “They are going to say [that] in 10 years when you need to go to the VA, you can’t do that anymore. That is what they are holding over us now. All we want to do is retire peacefully [and] let Eddie and his family do what they have earned – live a normal life.”

This week President Trump directed the Navy to rescind medals that had been awarded to the lawyers who prosecuted the case.

“The Prosecutors who lost the case against SEAL Eddie Gallagher (who I released from solitary confinement so he could fight his case properly), were ridiculously given a Navy Achievement Medal,” he tweeted Wednesday. “Not only did they lose the case, they had difficulty with respect to information that may have been obtained from opposing lawyers and for giving immunity in a totally incompetent fashion.”

Gallagher called it an embarrassment by the Navy to award the prosecutors the medals and thanked the president for stepping in. Meanwhile, his wife praised the president for being proactive throughout the entire case.

“I think that the president has been brilliant in this. He has seen so much similarity in what he’s gone through. I think that’s why he’s been so proactive,” she said. “I think my husband has been villainized, he’s been smeared, lied about. And his own command has been consistently betraying him over this process. I want my husband home.”

Also this week, the Navy dismissed the charges against Gallaher's platoon leader, Lt. Jacob Portier, and ordered a review of its review system. Portier was charged with covering up war crimes in connection with the Gallagher prosecution and faced trial in September.

Link

The Navy needs to courtmartial the prosecutor who spied on the defense.
08-03-2019 11:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher says he is still fighting the Navy despite trial outcome
(08-03-2019 11:26 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:The Navy SEAL special ops chief whose name was cleared in the killing of a teenage Islamic State militant while deployed in Iraq says that he is still fighting his commanders.

Eddie Gallagher and his family told “FOX & Friends Weekend” on Saturday that despite a jury finding him not guilty of murder and attempted murder last month, the Navy still “have their thumb” on him.

“They are looking at any reason to prosecute me right now,” he said. “I’ve been happy to be home, be back with my kids and wife, trying to enjoy life as best as possible. Unfortunately, we are still in this fight, but we’re keeping our heads held high.”

Gallagher had been accused of stabbing to death a 15-year-old ISIS fighter in 2017 and then posing with the corpse for photos. A jury in San Diego found the decorated Navy SEAL not guilty on six of seven charges for his connection to the killing.

“It’s still surreal at this point. It’s hard to take in,” he said Saturday morning. “I have a lot of thoughts on the matter, but unfortunately I am still in the Navy, they still have their thumb on me.”

His wife, Andrea Gallagher, told co-host Pete Hegseth that they are still being “terrorized” by the Navy, which she said are withholding her husband’s retirement from the service.

“The problem with the system is that everyone told us to trust it. Everyone told us to trust the process, trust the system,” she said. “Well we did, we won and we’re still be terrorized.”

She added: “They are trying to take away his rank, they are trying to get his retirement, his ability to get his disability. All of these things are sour grapes because they lost.”

Gallagher’s brother Sean said his brother has been vindicated, but that the Navy is “so mad they lost” that they are trying to prevent him from going home and living his life like a normal person.

“The guy has been in [the Navy] 20 years, eight combat tours,” he said. “They are going to say [that] in 10 years when you need to go to the VA, you can’t do that anymore. That is what they are holding over us now. All we want to do is retire peacefully [and] let Eddie and his family do what they have earned – live a normal life.”

This week President Trump directed the Navy to rescind medals that had been awarded to the lawyers who prosecuted the case.

“The Prosecutors who lost the case against SEAL Eddie Gallagher (who I released from solitary confinement so he could fight his case properly), were ridiculously given a Navy Achievement Medal,” he tweeted Wednesday. “Not only did they lose the case, they had difficulty with respect to information that may have been obtained from opposing lawyers and for giving immunity in a totally incompetent fashion.”

Gallagher called it an embarrassment by the Navy to award the prosecutors the medals and thanked the president for stepping in. Meanwhile, his wife praised the president for being proactive throughout the entire case.

“I think that the president has been brilliant in this. He has seen so much similarity in what he’s gone through. I think that’s why he’s been so proactive,” she said. “I think my husband has been villainized, he’s been smeared, lied about. And his own command has been consistently betraying him over this process. I want my husband home.”

Also this week, the Navy dismissed the charges against Gallaher's platoon leader, Lt. Jacob Portier, and ordered a review of its review system. Portier was charged with covering up war crimes in connection with the Gallagher prosecution and faced trial in September.

Link

The Navy needs to courtmartial the prosecutor who spied on the defense.

Sounds like there are some of the politicians Obama appointed as generals and admirals still around. And they are too arrogant to understand they are the ones who are now at risk.
08-03-2019 06:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher says he is still fighting the Navy despite trial outcome
(08-03-2019 06:03 PM)bullet Wrote:  Sounds like there are some of the politicians Obama appointed as generals and admirals still around. And they are too arrogant to understand they are the ones who are now at risk.

Trump needs to fire about half the people with stars on right now. Replace politically correct paper-shufflers with warriors.
08-03-2019 06:21 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
I do not care if people are unhappy about the decision, but military individuals being charged for a crime killing what was a possible enemy should not happen. Drop it and go on.
08-03-2019 06:30 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(08-03-2019 06:21 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(08-03-2019 06:03 PM)bullet Wrote:  Sounds like there are some of the politicians Obama appointed as generals and admirals still around. And they are too arrogant to understand they are the ones who are now at risk.

Trump needs to fire about half the people with stars on right now. Replace politically correct paper-shufflers with warriors.

It is not necessary to overreact either.
08-03-2019 06:31 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-03-2019 06:31 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  
(08-03-2019 06:21 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
It is not necessary to overreact either.

That's not over-reacting. If anything, it's under-reacting. Those incompetents should have been swept out years ago.

The job of the military is to support and defend the constitution by fighting our enemies who act against us and deterring those enemies from even trying to act. Anything else is secondary or collateral, at best.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019 06:38 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
08-03-2019 06:36 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I did not want to say this, but how many generals and admirals were actually appointed during the Obama years.
08-03-2019 06:48 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-03-2019 06:48 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  I did not want to say this, but how many generals and admirals were actually appointed during the Obama years.

I don't have a source with the data available. Maybe someone else can find them. There are about 886 total (counting 1-4 stars) in 2016, with 411 one stars, 299 two stars, 139 three stars, and 37 four-star active generals and admirals. I know that Obama two CNOs, Greenert and Richardson, both of whom were clueless. He appointed three chiefs of staff of the Army, Dempsey (subsequently appointed chairman of the joint chiefs), Odierno, and Milley. He appointed two chiefs of staff of the Air Force, Welsh and Goldfein. He appointed three commandants of the Marine Corps, Amos, Dunford (subsequently apointed chairman of the joint chiefs), and Neller.

Obama purged 197, most of them warriors who didn't buy into the PC line. I would guess that he appointed at least a like number.

In the last few years, we have spend billions on a collection of Littoral Control Ships (LCSs) that are essentially useless in combat, $16 billion on an aircraft carrier whose catapults, arresting gear, and weapons elevators don't work, and God only knows how much on the F-35 that is trying to be three different airplanes at once and suffers from "elephant is a mouse designed by a committee" syndrome. Whoever signed off on each of those needs to go.

One thing that I think we need to do is if you sign off on procurement of any ship, airplane, tank, gun, radar, missile, sonar, torpedo, or any other major system, and you get out and go to work for the manufacturer of that system, then you forfeit your military retirement pay.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019 07:45 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
08-03-2019 07:13 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(08-03-2019 07:13 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(08-03-2019 06:48 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  I did not want to say this, but how many generals and admirals were actually appointed during the Obama years.

I don't have a source with the data available. Maybe someone else can find them. There are about 886 total (counting 1-4 stars) in 2016, with 411 one stars, 299 two stars, 139 three stars, and 37 four-star active generals and admirals. I know that Obama two CNOs, Greenert and Richardson, both of whom were clueless. He appointed three chiefs of staff of the Army, Dempsey (subsequently appointed chairman of the joint chiefs), Odierno, and Milley. He appointed two chiefs of staff of the Air Force, Welsh and Goldfein. He appointed three commandants of the Marine Corps, Amos, Dunford (subsequently apointed chairman of the joint chiefs), and Neller.

Obama purged 197, most of them warriors who didn't buy into the PC line. I would guess that he appointed at least a like number.

In the last few years, we have spend billions on a collection of Littoral Control Ships (LCSs) that are essentially useless in combat, $16 billion on an aircraft carrier whose catapults, arresting gear, and weapons elevators don't work, and God only knows how much on the F-35 that is trying to be three different airplanes at once and suffers from "elephant is a mouse designed by a committee" syndrome. Whoever signed off on each of those needs to go.

One thing that I think we need to do is if you sign off on procurement of any ship, airplane, tank, gun, radar, missile, sonar, torpedo, or any other major system, and you get out and go to work for the manufacturer of that system, then you forfeit your military retirement pay.

Link
08-03-2019 07:46 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-03-2019 07:46 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  Link

Correction, it's actually 197 senior officers, some below the grade of generals or admirals. Some links:

https://rense.com/general96/listof.html

or

https://www.investors.com/politics/edito...-by-obama/

or

http://www.truthandaction.org/obama-fire...-officers/

and a somewhat different viewpoint that doesn't really deny anything

https://www.truthorfiction.com/military-purge/

Of course, the Royal Navy recently fired the CO of HMS Queen Elizabeth for alleged use of a military vehicle for personal purposes. So I guess politically correct firings are now the norm.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019 07:57 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
08-03-2019 07:56 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

Thanks for the links. I will be going through the info to see if this is internet fodder or real news. I have already seen one that disparages one of the links.

https://skeptoid.com/blog/2014/03/24/pre...-military/

I will keep researching.
08-03-2019 08:59 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-03-2019 08:59 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  Thanks for the links. I will be going through the info to see if this is internet fodder or real news. I have already seen one that disparages one of the links. https://skeptoid.com/blog/2014/03/24/pre...-military/
I will keep researching.

The 197 were actually fired. There is some debate as to the reasoning in some of the cases. There has been a fair amount of discussion in the professional literature suggesting that political correctness and adherence to certain political dogmas got to be more important than professional competence in both promotions and retention. I can't speak first hand, as I retired in 1992, but my guess is were there's that much smoke there is a pretty big fire.

I do know that both the Fitzgerald and McCain collisions occurred under situations that exhibit a shocking lack of both maintenance and training.
08-03-2019 10:37 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-03-2019 08:59 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  Thanks for the links. I will be going through the info to see if this is internet fodder or real news. I have already seen one that disparages one of the links. https://skeptoid.com/blog/2014/03/24/pre...-military/
I will keep researching.

Several of those are gray area things that strike me as "he said, she said" sorts of things. Or maybe "he said, somebody else said" would be a better characterization of some of them. I can say that I have seen professional discussions of several of these suggesting that charges were trumped up to get people out. I would say that the most likely description is that some were fired for legitimate reasons, and some were trumped up charges to get rid of people whose opinions were not valued.

I do think there has been a very signifiant trend in promotions, as opposed to firings, that political correctness has been given more weight than professional competence. This has been discussed quite a bit in professional literature, and in online discussion groups involving people in the know.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019 11:01 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
08-03-2019 10:46 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
So, Gallagher has now apparently admitted, that yes they did murder the ISIS prisoner.

Quote:Nearly two years after being found not guilty of killing an unarmed ISIS fighter, retired Navy SEAL Chief Eddie Gallagher has made an earth-shattering admission: Neither he nor any of the other SEALs on the scene tried to save the wounded fighter’s life.

“The grain of truth in the whole thing is that that ISIS fighter was killed by us, and that nobody at that time had a problem with it,” Gallagher said during an interview for the finale of “The Line” podcast, which aired on Tuesday.

“We killed that guy,” Gallagher continued. “Our intention was to kill him. Everybody was on board.”
Eddie Gallagher now says SEALs intended to kill unarmed fighter and ‘nobody had a problem with it’
05-06-2021 09:11 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-06-2021 09:11 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  So, Gallagher has now apparently admitted, that yes they did murder the ISIS prisoner.
Quote:Nearly two years after being found not guilty of killing an unarmed ISIS fighter, retired Navy SEAL Chief Eddie Gallagher has made an earth-shattering admission: Neither he nor any of the other SEALs on the scene tried to save the wounded fighter’s life.
“The grain of truth in the whole thing is that that ISIS fighter was killed by us, and that nobody at that time had a problem with it,” Gallagher said during an interview for the finale of “The Line” podcast, which aired on Tuesday.
“We killed that guy,” Gallagher continued. “Our intention was to kill him. Everybody was on board.”
Eddie Gallagher now says SEALs intended to kill unarmed fighter and ‘nobody had a problem with it’

That in itself doesn't rise to murder. It's war. Killing your enemies is what you are supposed to do, what in fact you are obligated to do.

It could be proper or not, but those facts are insufficient to determine that. What I would say they do determine is that we have stayed far too long in that country and need to GTFO and stay TFO.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021 10:21 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
05-06-2021 09:45 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
He was ISIS = enemy = good enough for him. Cry me a river.
05-06-2021 09:46 AM
bobdizole Online
All American

I Root For: MT
I was deeply confused as to why CP was posting a 2 year old article until I saw the time stamps.

And f' the prisoner. We are talking about people that cut off non-combatants heads and burn captured pilots alive while putting a cinematic audio score to the video. Kill every last one of them, no quarter
05-06-2021 10:08 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

(05-06-2021 09:11 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  So, Gallagher has now apparently admitted, that yes they did murder the ISIS prisoner.

Your conclusion sentence and the authors conclusions don't line up with the actual quotes in the article. Gallagher still denies murdering him or stabbing him or even being the cause of his death. Basically, he admitted that the SEALs practiced medical procedures on an already dying ISIS fighter (apparently the cause of death was from injuries from a Hellfire missile). I still find it terrible to do invasive medical procedures on a dying person, but a far cry from murder. ISIS does far worse though so no pity for the fighter, but we should be above such conduct.
05-06-2021 10:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.