Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Kim Foxx: We would have convicted Jussie Smollett if case went to trial
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
Kim Foxx: We would have convicted Jussie Smollett if case went to trial
https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainme...-kim-foxx/

Quote:Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx on Wednesday defended her office’s decision to drop all charges against “Empire” star Jussie Smollett but said prosecutors had enough evidence to convict the actor of faking a hate-crime attack on himself.

Foxx began a string of interviews with local media, as Smollett’s lawyers took to the airwaves to declare Smollett’s innocence following an unusual, hastily called hearing Tuesday at which prosecutors dropped 16 felony counts tied to the alleged hoax attack.

Foxx said that the deal, which essentially wipes Smollett’s record clear, was not a sign that the prosecution case was weak or that Smollett was innocent, and said similar low-level felony defendants are cut the same breaks.

“The notion that this somehow exonerates him or that the prosecutors somehow believed he was innocent is very frustrating to [my] idea of alternative prosecution,” a hoarse-voiced Foxx said late Wednesday in an interview with The Chicago Sun-Times. “But I understand that [Smollett’s lawyers] have a client, and they have a spin.”

Foxx, who recused herself from the case just over a week before Smollett was charged because of conversations she’d had with a relative of the actor, pointed to the $10,000 bond that Smollett turned over to the city of Chicago, a sum equivalent to the maximum fine for the disorderly conduct charges he faced. The prosecutor, who took office in 2016 after campaigning on a reform platform, said she believed the evidence against Smollett would have convinced a judge or jury to find him guilty.

“I believe based on the information that was presented before the grand jury, based on what I’ve seen, the office had a strong case … that would have convinced a trier of fact,” she said.
03-28-2019 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: Kim Foxx: We would have convicted Jussie Smollett if case went to trial
So if he could’ve been convicted why didn’t it go? We’re not talking about him jay walking or carrying an ounce of drugs, he faked an attack on himself and screamed hate crime. If I commit a hate crime and there’s evidence of me being convicted will they let me go?
03-28-2019 10:23 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Some people can't keep their mouths shut.

Smollett attorney: Attackers may have been in whiteface
Jussie Smollett's attorney said on NBC's "Today" show that the two Nigerian brothers who say they were paid by the "Empire" actor to attack him may have been in whiteface.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/43624...-whiteface
03-28-2019 10:30 AM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
What a Pussie
03-28-2019 10:42 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
So basically "Yeah, we could have convicted him but, yea know, who cares?"
03-28-2019 10:43 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
Quote:Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx on Wednesday defended her office’s decision to drop all charges against “Empire” star Jussie Smollett but said prosecutors had enough evidence to convict the actor of faking a hate-crime attack on himself.

Translation:

He's a buddy of Barry & Michelle's, what did you expect we'd do, PROSECUTE? LOL.....
03-28-2019 10:46 AM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Kim Foxx: We would have convicted Jussie Smollett if case went to trial
Time for the Feds.

Now that they’ve chased all the ghosts outta the swamp, go find some real criminals...
03-28-2019 10:56 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(03-28-2019 10:46 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  

Translation:

He's a buddy of Barry & Michelle's, what did you expect we'd do, PROSECUTE? LOL.....

Yep, and it was an "emergency" court proceeding, wtf is that? Never of that before. These idiots still think Obama is President and Lynch of Holder is AG.
03-28-2019 11:04 AM
q5sys Offline
1st String

(03-28-2019 11:04 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

Translation:

Yep, and it was an "emergency" court proceeding, wtf is that? Never of that before. These idiots still think Obama is President and Lynch of Holder is AG.

that happened right after his lawyer was named in the CPL fiasco.
Some are speculating that he's snitching and turning states evidence in exchange for him getting let off.

Dont know... we'll see.
03-28-2019 11:09 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(03-28-2019 11:09 AM)q5sys Wrote:  

Translation:

Some are speculating that he's snitching and turning states evidence in exchange for him getting let off.

Dont know... we'll see.

Smollet wouldn't know anything about Geragos chit with CPL.
03-28-2019 11:17 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
White privilege. Oh wait.
03-28-2019 11:24 AM
Advertisement

swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
No they wouldn't have because he didn't do it. Witchhunt
03-28-2019 11:46 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(03-28-2019 11:46 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  No they wouldn't have because he didn't do it. Witchhunt

They had enough evidence to convict genius
03-28-2019 12:38 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

(03-28-2019 11:17 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

Translation:

Dont know... we'll see.

Dont be too sure. He's obviously well connected in the Left. M Obama's aid made moves for him. It's been speculated that he's in tight with Kamala, and that the hoax was to push forward her and bookers bill.
Who knows what he may know about dirty legal stuff going on.
03-28-2019 01:20 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

(03-28-2019 12:38 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(03-28-2019 11:46 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  No they wouldn't have because he didn't do it. Witchhunt

Yeah right! So did Mueller. Don’t believe the MSM.
03-28-2019 01:24 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

(03-28-2019 11:24 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  White privilege. Oh wait.

Well he’s light skinned. R. Kelly is still in jail.
03-28-2019 01:26 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(03-28-2019 01:20 PM)q5sys Wrote:  
(03-28-2019 10:46 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  Translation:

Dont know... we'll see.

Dont be too sure. He's obviously well connected in the Left. M Obama's aid made moves for him. It's been speculated that he's in tight with Kamala, and that the hoax was to push forward her and bookers bill.

Obamas/Harris/Booker/BobbyRush stuff that I could believe.
03-28-2019 01:26 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

(03-28-2019 01:26 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(03-28-2019 01:20 PM)q5sys Wrote:  
(03-28-2019 11:04 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Yep, and it was an "emergency" court proceeding, wtf is that? Never of that before. These idiots still think Obama is President and Lynch of Holder is AG.

Dont know... we'll see.

Obamas/Harris/Booker/BobbyRush stuff that I could believe.

Considering how loud and hostile CPL was with Trump... you can be certain that the establishment Dems got in touch with him. He was the darling of the Left for a few months. Pigs love rolling around in **** together.
They think they are untouchable, so why wouldn't they brag about their exploits with each other.
I wouldn't be surprised if Harris and Klan didnt recommend Smollet use that guy as his lawyer, since by all appearance he's one of the gang. Represented Kapernick, was connected with the Clintons, etc.
03-28-2019 02:48 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:The decision by Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx's office to drop charges that “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett staged a racist, anti-gay attack has drawn scorn from not only the mayor of Chicago and members of law enforcement, but a national group that claims to represent thousands of prosecutor offices.

The National District Attorneys Association chided the prosecutor's handling of the case, including Foxx's decision to recuse herself before Smollett was charged last month because she had discussed the case with a Smollett family member. The case was then handed to First Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Magats.

"First, when a chief prosecutor recuses him or herself, the recusal must apply to the entire office, not just the elected or appointed prosecutor," the group said in a news release. "This is consistent with best practices for prosecutors’ offices around the country."

The group, which claims to represent roughly 2,700 prosecutors’ offices around the country, also said that prosecutors "should not take advice from politically connected friends of the accused."

"Each case should be approached with the goal of justice for victims while protecting the rights of the defendant," the group said.

Smollett forfeiting his $10,000 bond and doing community service in return for dropping the charges was also a point of criticism by the district attorney's group.

"Third, when a prosecutor seeks to resolve a case through diversion or some other alternative to prosecution, it should be done so with an acknowledgment of culpability on the part of the defendant," the group said. "A case with the consequential effects of Mr. Smollett’s should not be resolved without a finding of guilt or innocence."

Link
03-28-2019 04:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(03-28-2019 01:24 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  
(03-28-2019 12:38 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

Yeah right! So did Mueller. Don’t believe the MSM.

Got anything besides whataboutism
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019 05:35 PM by gdunn.)
03-28-2019 05:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.