Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How far will each AAC team advance? (Filling out my brackets)
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
How far will each AAC team advance? (Filling out my brackets)
Help a brother out. Filling out my work bracket. How far will each AAC team advance. Trying to take emotion out of it. Thanks in advance. 04-cheers
03-18-2019 07:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: How far will each AAC team advance? (Filling out my brackets)
(03-18-2019 07:17 AM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Help a brother out. Filling out my work bracket. How far will each AAC team advance. Trying to take emotion out of it. Thanks in advance. 04-cheers

I just want to see Cincy knock the Vawls out in round 2.
03-18-2019 07:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Agust Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
I would say Houston had a good chance to go deep but they've been way off for a game and 1/2.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019 07:55 AM by Agust.)
03-18-2019 07:54 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
I don't think Temple makes it out of Dayton. I like UCF and UC to win one. I like Houston to win 2.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019 08:06 AM by bearcatmark.)
03-18-2019 08:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(03-18-2019 07:35 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(03-18-2019 07:17 AM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Help a brother out. Filling out my work bracket. How far will each AAC team advance. Trying to take emotion out of it. Thanks in advance. 04-cheers

I just want to see Cincy knock the Vawls out in round 2.

The Bearcats have to get past Iowa in round 1 before they ever get a look at the Vols in round 2...

I had very little trouble with my first round pick. I think Iowa goes off like a bomb from 3 and blows up the Bearcats. The Cats traditionally struggle with teams that shoot well from outside and Iowa has good outside shooters.

Take Iowa and the points.
03-18-2019 08:28 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

(03-18-2019 08:06 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I don't think Temple makes it out of Dayton. I like UCF and UC to win one. I like Houston to win 2.

Side question... does the game in Dayton count as a regular tournament win as far as earning tournament credits is concerned?
03-18-2019 08:37 AM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
The winner of Belmont/Temple will go on to beat Maryland, possibly also like them vs the LSU/Yale winner. (I'm thinking Yale over LSU.)

UC will beat Iowa then lose to Tenn. (Bearcats only lose opening round games to non-P5 schools.)

UCF will beat VCU then lose to Duke. (Don't deny us of Zion vs Tacko.)

Houston will beat Georgia State and Iowa St/Ohio St then lose to Kentucky. (Or they'll go to the Final 4 or they'll lose their opening game. Who knows?)
03-18-2019 08:41 AM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

Sampson's first round record as a

6 seed = 1-1
4 seed = 0-2
3 seed = 2-0

Sampson's second round record as a

6 seed = 0-1
3 seed = 0-2

He advanced to a sweet 16 one year as a 13 seed. His other two Sweet 16 appearances came as a 1 or 2 seed.

Overall, he is 2-6 against teams with better seeds, and 11-8 against teams with worse seeds.

My hope is that his NBA experience translates into better postseason performance.
03-18-2019 09:05 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

Temple vs Belmont
temple is taller faster stronger than belmont in every single position group..its not even close...there isnt an athletic player on belmonts roster..(the taller part will be new to Belmont as the have a 6'8 guard who is their leading scorer..but temple has rose)

belmont only has 1 legit big, he has a sprained ankle and missed the last game (he was reported gingerly today, game is tomorrow)...if he doesnt play temple is winning regardless, because then all belmont can do is chunk 3s without him

if he does play, temple should win if the play like a good team is supposed too, Rose should be able to contest Dylan Windler like no one else has done all season, if he puts in the effort..temple should be able to dominate the board...if they put in the effort

--temple likely not getting past Maryland

UCF vs VCU
ucfs weakness is teams that can shoot really well from the outside...vcu is a horrific 3pt shooting team that relies on post point ..

note duke isnt agreat shooting team either..but im not brave enough to bet against duke

Houston vs Ga state
ga state only runs a 2/3 zone defense ..if you understand houston basketball, you know this is a horrible defense against us

iowa st vs houston would a case of elite defense vs elite offense...take your pick...

Cincy vs Iowa
this is such a toss up to me...cincy is weak against 3pt shootng teams, iowa is a great 3pt shooting team...iowa also has dreadful defense..the game will essentially be a home game vs cincy..iowa is 2-6 in their last 8 games, but had some monster wins against teams better than cincy earlier in the season
--id go with the cincy lean but its a toss up

Tennessee actually doesnt match up with with cincy..if uc had more offensive fire power id actually like UC alot here...but i think Tennessee would win in 58-50 type low scoring game...interesting is this is the 1st game all season Cumberland would be guarded by a player stronger than him
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019 09:10 AM by pesik.)
03-18-2019 09:07 AM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

From another board:

From 1985-2018, there have been 53 teams who entered the season unranked, and received a top-3 seed...

This year there are two such teams Houston and Texas Tech.

Of the 53 such teams, 24 failed to make it past the second round...only 2 made it to the final four...

Top-3 Seed & Top 10 In AP Poll
After Entering Season Unranked

Lost in first round: 4
Lost in second round: 20
Lost in Sweet 16: 16
Lost in Elite Eight: 11
Reached Final Four: 2
03-18-2019 09:10 AM
TampaTom Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
UCF - defeats VCU, loses to Duke
Temple - defeats Belmont in First Four, loses to Maryland
Cincinnati - defeats Iowa, defeats Tennessee, defeats ODU, loses to Virginia
Houston - defeats Georgia State, defeats Iowa State, defeats Abilene Christian, defeats UNC, defeats Virginia, defeats Duke and wins the national championship!

...so yeah, I have Houston beating all three of the #1 seeds from the ACC. Take that, Swofford.
03-18-2019 10:24 AM
Advertisement

tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
assuming chalk in the other games

UCF will beat VCU but no joy against Duke im afraid. no shame in losing to Zion though.

Temple will get past Belmont and has a real punchers chance against Maryland. LSU will be the end of their road but thats a great season for the Owls

Cincy will make the Elite 8 if they can get past Tennessee. Cincy has the size, speed and temperament to do just that

Houston has a tougher road than Cincy with Iowa St and then Kentucky possibly looming. Sweet Sixteen seems the ceiling
03-18-2019 12:25 PM
Joprior23 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UH
(03-18-2019 12:25 PM)tigerjeb Wrote:  assuming chalk in the other games

UCF will beat VCU but no joy against Duke im afraid. no shame in losing to Zion though.

Temple will get past Belmont and has a real punchers chance against Maryland. LSU will be the end of their road but thats a great season for the Owls

Cincy will make the Elite 8 if they can get past Tennessee. Cincy has the size, speed and temperament to do just that

Houston has a tougher road than Cincy with Iowa St and then Kentucky possibly looming. Sweet Sixteen seems the ceiling

I think Wofford is going to beat Kentucky. Wofford is really, really good. Either way, UH will have their hands full in the round of 32 and in the sweet sixteen. I like our chances.
03-18-2019 12:50 PM
PirateJP Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU; Charlotte
Wofford is good but I watched two of their conference tournament games, one in person and one on TV. They wouldn't have made it through without some questionable calls late in both games. They're not going to get those calls this weekend.
03-18-2019 12:52 PM
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
(03-18-2019 08:37 AM)Chappy Wrote:  
(03-18-2019 08:06 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I don't think Temple makes it out of Dayton. I like UCF and UC to win one. I like Houston to win 2.

Side question... does the game in Dayton count as a regular tournament win as far as earning tournament credits is concerned?

Yes. As of right now the AAC gets 4 credits for this years tourney. If all 4 win then we have 8, etc.
03-18-2019 01:01 PM
Cecil_B_DeMoore Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Temple
Each AAC team will advance until they are knocked out by another AAC team. Temple does not get knocked out.
03-18-2019 01:06 PM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I think Houston wins a game.

I think everyone else loses their first game.

I hope I'm wrong.
03-18-2019 01:08 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(03-18-2019 01:06 PM)Cecil_B_DeMoore Wrote:  Each AAC team will advance until they are knocked out by another AAC team. Temple does not get knocked out.

I heard the hosts on a Nashville sports talk show gush over Belmont and Belmont's GM stated he is making plans for the next round and expressed very little worry about the outcome with Temple. The hosts believe the game with Temple is very winnable. The disrespect toward the Owls was palpable.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019 02:50 PM by Tiger1983.)
03-18-2019 02:50 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
uc beats odu to fall to virginia in the elite eight. houston falls to uk in the elite eight. temple makes it to the sweet sixteen and ucf gets worked over by duke
03-18-2019 03:06 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
(03-18-2019 02:50 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  
(03-18-2019 01:06 PM)Cecil_B_DeMoore Wrote:  Each AAC team will advance until they are knocked out by another AAC team. Temple does not get knocked out.

I heard the hosts on a Nashville sports talk show gush over Belmont and Belmont's GM stated he is making plans for the next round and expressed very little worry about the outcome with Temple. The hosts believe the game with Temple is very winnable. The disrespect toward the Owls was palpable.

yeah well its Nashville so what do you expect. they think the sewers there smell like a yankee candle store
03-18-2019 04:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.