Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Softball team goes 2-0 infirst day of tourney
Bookmark and Share
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

Team had an excellent first day at the softball tourney. They beat Depaul and top ranked USM. Way to go Coogs!!!

<a href='http://uhcougars.collegesports.com/sports/w-softbl/recaps/051304aaa.html' target='_blank'>Coogs beat Depaul</a>

<a href='http://uhcougars.collegesports.com/sports/w-softbl/recaps/051304aab.html' target='_blank'>Coogs beat #1 seeded USM</a>
05-14-2004 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lauramac Offline

I Root For: ,
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesBlazerTalk AwardNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Go Coogs! 04-rock

Who's next? :chair:

[EDIT] Ah, I see USF is next. Today at 4pm.
05-14-2004 12:26 PM
lauramac Offline

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesBlazerTalk AwardNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

...and the game is postponed 'til tomorrow. Go Coogs! 04-rock

<a href='http://conferenceusa.com/sports/softball/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=6827' target='_blank'>http://conferenceusa.com/sports/softball/r...RELEASE_ID=6827</a>

article Wrote:Due to inclement weather in the Louisville, Ky. area, the 2004 Conference USA Softball Tournament has been postponed until Saturday.

Game seven featuring No. 3 seed USF and fifth-seeded Houston was halted on Friday evening in the bottom of the third inning and will resume Saturday at 9 a.m. at Ulmer Stadium. The Cougars are leading the Bulls, 5-0, with two outs in the bottom of the third.
05-14-2004 09:31 PM
Advertisement

lauramac Offline

The game was supposed to resume at 9 am today, but the C-USA website says the softball tourney is still in rain delay (right now it's 1:30 pm Houston time).

Rain, rain, go away...
05-15-2004 01:36 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

The Coogs polished off USF 7-3 to advance to the championship game. The game should be tomorrow at a time yet to be determined.

Let's go Coogs!!!

It looks like we will be facing Depaul in the championship game. During the season we went 1-2 against them, but this is a whole new ball game!!!
<a href='http://uhcougars.collegesports.com/sports/w-softbl/recaps/051504aaa.html' target='_blank'>Coogs advance to championship game</a>
05-15-2004 10:14 PM
Advertisement

lauramac Offline

Yeah, I saw that on the C-USA site earlier! 04-rock

Actually, I meant to post it because there was a funny typo -- they had something about #5-seeded Houston facing the winner of #4 DePaul vs. #6 Houston, where it should've said #6 ECU. (Having just woken up from a nap, I was a teeny bit confused at first. LOL)

GO COOGS!! 04-cheers
05-15-2004 10:31 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

Well it is a bad news good news day for the softball team.

The bad news is that we lost to Depaul 4-2. :crying:

The good news is we still got an invite to the NCAA tourney. :D We will be the fourth seed at the Waco regional. They will battle Seton Hall at 3:00 on Thursday.

Here is a list of all the teams in the regional

Region No. 3 - May 20-23 at Waco, Texas
No. 1 seed LSU (50-10)
No. 2 seed Illinois (41-19-1)
*No. 3 seed Baylor (45-14)
No. 4 seed Seton Hall (44-17)
No. 5 seed Houston (38-22)
No. 6 seed North Carolina (43-20)
No. 7 seed Texas-San Antonio (37-15)
No. 8 seed Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (39-19)

Way to go softball team!!!!!
05-16-2004 10:11 PM
Advertisement

lauramac Offline

Baylor is hosting as a #3 seed?! That seems weird. 03-confused

Well, at least it'll be easier travel for the Coogs. Eat 'em up! 04-cheers
05-16-2004 10:34 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

Here is the write up on Houston from the C-USA Softball round up

Quote:HOUSTON (38-23, 12-11 C-USA): The Cougars will make their first trip to the NCAA Tournament after earning an at-large bid. UH is prepared for the caliber of competition as it has posted three victories over nationally-ranked opponents this season. The Cougs will face Big East champion Seton Hall (44-17) on May 20 in Waco, Texas at 3 p.m. Houston also made it to the championship round of the C-USA Tournament for the first time last weekend where it fell, 4-2, to three-time champion DePaul. ARELIS FERRERIS, BROOKE JOHNSON, JENILEE SKENDER, and CRYSTAL BRISCOE all made the C-USA All-Tournament Team for leading their squad to the title game.

Congratulations Arelis, Brooke, Jenilee, and Crystal on making the All-Tournament team.

Let's make some noise in the NCAA Tourney!!!! 04-rock 04-rock
05-19-2004 01:27 PM
Advertisement

lauramac Offline

article Wrote:The Cougs will face Big East champion Seton Hall (44-17) on May 20 in Waco, Texas at 3 p.m.

Way to go, ladies! 04-cheers Time to go make the Big East look bad. GO COOGS! 04-rock

BTW - does anyone know if there'll be a gametracker or some other way to keep tabs on the game? Oh, and it's 3 pm Texas time, yes?
05-19-2004 01:32 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

On UHCougars.com, there is the gametracker link next to game. The time still says 3:00 so I would assume that it is 3:00 central. We wouldn't put misinformation on our own website would we?
05-19-2004 01:47 PM
lauramac Offline

Never! :D

Thanks for the info. :thumb:
05-19-2004 01:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.