Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Polls so Far Showing no Love....
Bookmark and Share
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
Polls so Far Showing no Love....
Voters have their heads so far up SEC and ACC azzzes they can't see anything else...

Collegiate Baseball-----> moved from 30th all the way up to 29th

D1 Baseball-----> not ranked

Perfect Game-----> not ranked

Oh..but they do LOVE those pesky 2-1 Connecticut Huskies..

Musta thought we played IUPUI instead of the mighty Boilers..03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019 01:48 PM by eaglebeaver.)
02-18-2019 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
RE: Polls so Far Showing no Love....
(02-18-2019 01:44 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  Voters have their heads so far up SEC and ACC azzzes they can't see anything else...

They've gotta pander to the Philly/NJ/NY market...
02-18-2019 02:09 PM
EagNBran Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Problem is the judge based off expectations instead of resume up to this point.
02-18-2019 02:17 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

Connecticut was Div 1AA in football not long ago....but they have always been strong in basketball, which I guess was their ticket to AAC. Their location also didn't hurt (smack dab in ESPN country).....which is simply luck o' the draw....which is akin to being born a son (or daughter) to a millionaire, since you didn't have much to do with it, but you happily accept the benefits..04-cheers
02-18-2019 02:31 PM
eaglenjxn Offline
All American

UConn just won a neutral site series without their All-American ace against a Top 5 team. Ranking is well deserved. And shame on anyone who left them out.

We swept a projected middle of the pack B1G team in February. It was a nice series win....but not something that is going to move us into the Top 25.

A series win this weekend is a different story...
02-18-2019 02:39 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2019 02:39 PM)eaglenjxn Wrote:  UConn just won a neutral site series without their All-American ace against a Top 5 team. Ranking is well deserved. And shame on anyone who left them out.

We swept a projected middle of the pack B1G team in February. It was a nice series win....but not something that is going to move us into the Top 25.

We can agree to disagree my friend..Loserville is overrated as usual.

Don't think too many teams, ranked or not, are gonna go into Starkpatch and find much success...so whatever happens won't define our season either way.

Lastly, we were either #24 or 25 in a few pre-season polls, and in the top 30 of most of the rest, so why wouldn't we move up? It's not like we were playing Wright State!
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019 02:58 PM by eaglebeaver.)
02-18-2019 02:54 PM
Advertisement

Bleacher Eagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USM
(02-18-2019 02:54 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  we were either #24 or 25 in a few pre-season polls, and in the top 30 of most of the rest, so why wouldn't we move up? It's not like we were playing Wright State!

Louisville was the only team ranked ahead of us to lose a series and they weren't going to drop UL from #5 to unranked. No, we weren't playing Wright State but Purdue isn't some juggernaut. I think they were predicated to finish around 10th in the Big Ten. It's a solid sweep, but nothing special. Win the series this weekend and we'll for sure move up.
02-18-2019 04:11 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2019 04:11 PM)Bleacher Eagle Wrote:  
(02-18-2019 02:54 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  we were either #24 or 25 in a few pre-season polls, and in the top 30 of most of the rest, so why wouldn't we move up? It's not like we were playing Wright State!

Louisville was the only team ranked ahead of us to lose a series and they weren't going to drop UL from #5 to unranked. No, we weren't playing Wright State but Purdue isn't some juggernaut. I think they were predicated to finish around 10th in the Big Ten. It's a solid sweep, but nothing special. Win the series this weekend and we'll for sure move up.

Spot on opinion of mine too. Now if Purdue can go to Austin this weekend and win 2 of 4 then it will give our sweep a little more merit
02-18-2019 04:16 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

You mean Louisville didn't fall out of the top 25 all-together after going 1-2..Lawd's sakes I can't believe it 03-lmfao (sarcasm alert)

Funny how most folks were hoping we'd go 2-1 against Purdue , or not screw the pooch entirely, but now the Boilers are bottom feeders after we swept..

Again, we weren't playing Wright, or even Wrong, State...and we're always told "we didn't play anybody", but we swept a 2018 NCAA tournament team from a major conference ...so I believe we coulda/woulda/shoulda moved up a few notches (and we didn't have our All-American as a pitcher OR as a fielder) if we were anyone else..

Hayell, we may go 0-50 the rest o' the way and Purdue may suck base-balls..but that has nothing to do with LAST WEEKEND..04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019 04:44 PM by eaglebeaver.)
02-18-2019 04:35 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-18-2019 02:09 PM)TTT Wrote:  
(02-18-2019 01:44 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  Voters have their heads so far up SEC and ACC azzzes they can't see anything else...

They've gotta pander to the Philly/NJ/NY market...

XACLY!

at the end of the day, it's all about winning ad $$$

#fkmuhpoles
02-18-2019 04:44 PM
eaglenjxn Offline
All American

(02-18-2019 02:54 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(02-18-2019 02:39 PM)eaglenjxn Wrote:  UConn just won a neutral site series without their All-American ace against a Top 5 team. Ranking is well deserved. And shame on anyone who left them out.

We can agree to disagree my friend..Loserville is overrated as usual.

Don't think too many teams, ranked or not, are gonna go into Starkpatch and find much success...so whatever happens won't define our season either way.

Lastly, we were either #24 or 25 in a few pre-season polls, and in the top 30 of most of the rest, so why wouldn't we move up? It's not like we were playing Wright State!

Would love to hear your analysis on Louisville’s team.

True on the last point. Wright State probably expected to be the better team.

Two ways to move up: Other teams in front of you lose. Pick up a series win against a good team. Neither happened. As was said above, if Purdue takes 2 or 3 in Austin, it starts to look like a good win.
02-18-2019 05:14 PM
Advertisement

EagNBran Offline
All American

(02-18-2019 04:35 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  You mean Louisville didn't fall out of the top 25 all-together after going 1-2..Lawd's sakes I can't believe it 03-lmfao (sarcasm alert)

Funny how most folks were hoping we'd go 2-1 against Purdue , or not screw the pooch entirely, but now the Boilers are bottom feeders after we swept..

Again, we weren't playing Wright, or even Wrong, State...and we're always told "we didn't play anybody", but we swept a 2018 NCAA tournament team from a major conference ...so I believe we coulda/woulda/shoulda moved up a few notches (and we didn't have our All-American as a pitcher OR as a fielder) if we were anyone else..

Hayell, we may go 0-50 the rest o' the way and Purdue may suck base-balls..but that has nothing to do with LAST WEEKEND..04-cheers

The Big 10 is not a major baseball conference.
02-18-2019 05:21 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2019 05:21 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  
(02-18-2019 04:35 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  You mean Louisville didn't fall out of the top 25 all-together after going 1-2..Lawd's sakes I can't believe it 03-lmfao (sarcasm alert)

I was over this topic, bran, because these posts are just opinions....and just like a-holes, everyone has'em 04-cheers....BUT...I know I didn't say the Big 10 was "a major BASEBALL conference", just a major conference...and they sure beat the hayell outta the teams most of the top 25 were playing.

Jeez..Of course I know we can make a bigger splash by winning the series with MSUcks....but for USM, we always gotta prove ourselves, and we shouldn't have to go to one of the toughest places to play in 'murica to "prove ourselves".

I've been watching USM baseball (and keeping up with college baseball) since the Ray Guy and Wilson Plunkett days over at the practice field...so I don't just pull sh!t outta my azzz (well, not most of the time, anyway 03-lmfao) about the sport.

Hope you have a good night..
02-18-2019 05:39 PM
stinkfist Offline

unless they sweep us at the Pete....

perception....she's a biatch
02-18-2019 05:39 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2019 05:39 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Like I "said", a few days ago we wuz hoping for at least for a 2-1 series win while using a supposedly GOOD Purdue baseball team as a gauge into the 2019 season...now they are chopped livah..

Our fans are too influenced by OP/MSUcks and the SEC'ers.....they always tell us if we played "SOMEBODY" (i.e a named opponent), we'd get some recognition...but, when we beat a "named opponent" they aren't ever worth a sh!t....Now, I AIN'T SAYING PURDUE WILL WIN A GAME THIS YEAR AND WE MIGHT GO 3-48, but based on what we've done the past few years, based on where we stood in the polls and based on the 3 game sweep, WE SHOULDA MOVED UP.

OK, enuff ranting and buh bye...04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019 05:50 PM by eaglebeaver.)
02-18-2019 05:46 PM
stinkfist Offline

(02-18-2019 05:46 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(02-18-2019 05:39 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Like I "said", a few days ago we wuz hoping for at least for a 2-1 series win while using a supposedly GOOD Purdue baseball team as a gauge into the 2019 season...now they are chopped livah..

Our fans are too influenced by OP/MSUcks and the SEC'ers.....they always tell us if we played "SOMEBODY" (i.e a named opponent), we'd get some recognition...but, when we beat a "named opponent" they aren't ever worth a sh!t....Now, I AIN'T SAYING PURDUE WILL WIN A GAME THIS YEAR AND WE MIGHT GO 3-48, but based on what we've done the past few years, based on where we stood in the polls and based on the 3 game sweep, WE SHOULDA MOVED UP.

OK, enuff ranting and buh bye...04-cheers

I'm immune at this point in muh life....I've watched us curb stomp pussites too many times...

you're easily older than I....therefore, you've seen more quality play from hardy st. college....

that's why we love it so....

disclaimer: if pops doesn't skull drag us down to li'l house on the ze prairie, I easily end up at notre dame or purdon't....the beauty of that, is I found value in the 'sip....

I wouldn't trade today for any other option....

I'll bleed b&g 'til I pass into the nether....
02-18-2019 06:11 PM
Advertisement

BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

If we win 2 or more this weekend, we’ll be ranked. If we don’t, we won’t. Pretty straightforward really.
02-18-2019 08:24 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

USM Basketball received 1 vote in the USA Today top 25 poll. So, there's that.
02-18-2019 09:01 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

We swept an average team and didn't look particularly "in form" doing it

Were you people expecting to move up 15 spots for sweeping a Big Ten team?
02-19-2019 10:10 AM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(02-19-2019 10:10 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  We swept an average team and didn't look particularly "in form" doing it

Were you people expecting to move up 15 spots for sweeping a Big Ten team?

Oh...you mean we weren't voted No. 1? Dammit. 03-wink

This is my last try at this (and there is a standing ovation!04-cheers):

No one knows how good USM is, or how bad Purdue may be is at this point...but that goes with EVERYBODY...So, based on USM being a Top 25 team the last few years, based on USM flirting with the top 25 in most pre-season polls, and based on Purdue being an NCAA tournament team LAST year and PERHAPS this year, YEAH, in MY badazz err...biased opinion, we shoulda moved up 2 or 3 places...

I know you were being facetious, but we wouldn't move up 15 spots if we had swept the whole top 25...
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019 10:20 AM by eaglebeaver.)
02-19-2019 10:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.