Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Muslim mums protest outside school for 'promoting homosexuality' to their kids
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
Muslim mums protest outside school for 'promoting homosexuality' to their kids
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi...l-15729135

Quote:A group of angry mums have launched a protest and petition against their school for introducing a curriculum supporting homosexuality.

Andrew Moffat MBE, assistant headteacher at Parkfield Community School in Saltley, has been criticised by parents for piloting No Outsiders - a programme run alongside sex and relationship education (SRE) lessons.

Its ethos promotes LGBT equality and challenges homophobia in primary schools.

Books now being read by pupils at Parkfield Community School include Mommy, Mama and Me and King & King - stories about same-sex relationships and marriages.

But Mr Moffat and the No Outsiders programme have come under fire from some Muslim parents who condemn such teachings, as homosexuality is strictly forbidden in Islam.

Mr Moffat, who is openly gay, and the school have defended the programme, which they said had been fully explained to parents. They added: "No Outsiders allows us to raise awareness of these differences so that children are able to tolerate and accept differences in our society."

But outraged mum Fatima Shah, who has taken her 10-year-old daughter out of the school, told BirminghamLive: "It's inappropriate, totally wrong.

"Children are being told it's OK to be gay yet 98 per cent of children at this school are Muslim. It's a Muslim community.

Quote:"I've taken my daughter out and other parents have too. Enough is enough.
"Sex relationship education is being taught without our consent. We've not been informed about what's being taught.
"Mr Moffat is running what's called CHIPS - challenging homophobia in primary schools - and it's totally against Islamic beliefs.
"My child came home and told me am I OK to be a boy? It's confusing children about sexuality.
"I want my child to learn about English, maths and science.
"I'm keeping my daughter away from the school until something is done. I've been paying £20-an-hour tuition at home instead."

Speaking alongside other Muslim parents outside the school gates, the mum-of-three added: "We believe in fundamental British values and believe gay people should be treated with mutual respect and without prejudice or discrimination just like any other human being.
"We respect the Equality Act and believe it can be implemented without the promotion of homosexuality.
"Children have a naive and innocent picture of sexual relationships.
"At this age it is inappropriate to teach them what is a gay or straight relationship.

Others who spoke to BirminghamLive outside Parkfield Community School included mum-of-two Mariam Ahmed. The 34-year-old, who has helped organise a petition calling for change, said: "No Outsiders is not for our community. We have a different ethos.
"Mr Moffat is over-promoting LGBT movements.
"I have nothing against him and I fully respect his beliefs but this should be stopped being taught in schools. It's not necessary. It's confusing children.
"My little girl is four, she's in reception and she came home asking me if it's OK to be a boy instead of a girl and has dressed up in her brother's clothes. She's four years old."

Mohammed Sakib, aged 37, who has children aged eight, nine and 10 at Parkfield Community School, added: "I respect all religions but why should sexuality be taught to primary school-aged children? It's out of control.
"[Mr Moffat] seems a friendly and good-natured guy but he needs to respect us as Muslim parents. He needs to listen."

Another mum, who has children aged seven and 11 at Parkfield Community School, added: "Why does my seven-year-old girl need to be taught about same-sex marriages and homosexuality?
"She should be playing, having fun and should be learning about English and maths. This curriculum is putting ideas into their heads."
Another added: "There's no need. This place is different, it's a 90 per cent Muslim school.

Silence from the Left. If this were a Christian school it would be on CNN, you'd have mobs outside the school, and people would be issuing death threats against the students and their families who are against this.

But... it's brown Muslims... so silence.
01-27-2019 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: Muslim mums protest outside school for 'promoting homosexuality' to their kids
We all knew this was coming, and I'm pretty sure islam is higher on the alt-left victim hierarchy than LGBTQ.

Good luck with that.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019 12:56 PM by Kronke.)
01-27-2019 12:54 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

RE: Muslim mums protest outside school for 'promoting homosexuality' to their kids
(01-27-2019 12:54 PM)Kronke Wrote:  We all knew this was coming, and I'm pretty sure islam is higher on the alt-left victim hierarchy than LGBTQ.

Good luck with that.

Thanks for the vid. I haven't opened up Youtube yet to see what's new. I used to back Pool on patreon before that place went to sh*t.
He's a good dude, its nice to see someone who's willing to call out stupid no matter where it lies on the political spectrum.

As for the Oppression Olympics. Yes... Race > Sexuality.
They like to ignoring that fact that islam is not a race... its a religion... and the left hates Religion.
#irony
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019 01:01 PM by q5sys.)
01-27-2019 12:58 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
That crap doesn't belong in schools, get it out.
01-27-2019 01:01 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(01-27-2019 12:58 PM)q5sys Wrote:  Thanks for the vid. I haven't opened up Youtube yet to see what's new. I used to back Pool on patreon before that place went to sh*t.
He's a good dude, its nice to see someone who's willing to call out stupid no matter where it lies on the political spectrum.

As for the Oppression Olympics. Yes... Race > Sexuality.
They like to ignoring that fact that islam is not a race... its a religion... and the left hates Religion.
#irony

He's been killing it lately, pumping out 5-10 videos per day. He also says he's expanding with another channel and a mobile production studio for more on the ground reporting.

One of the few left-leaning journalists that can put their bias aside and just lay out the facts.
01-27-2019 01:02 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Sounds like the Christians in the USA. Or Mansfield ISD.
01-27-2019 01:16 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

(01-27-2019 01:16 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Sounds like the Christians in the USA. Or Mansfield ISD.

Where do Mansfield ISD Christians rank on your list of allies compared to the muslim "community"?

Now ask yourself why that is.
01-27-2019 01:19 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(01-27-2019 12:51 PM)q5sys Wrote:  https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi...l-15729135

Quote:A group of angry mums have launched a protest and petition against their school for introducing a curriculum supporting homosexuality.

Andrew Moffat MBE, assistant headteacher at Parkfield Community School in Saltley, has been criticised by parents for piloting No Outsiders - a programme run alongside sex and relationship education (SRE) lessons.

Its ethos promotes LGBT equality and challenges homophobia in primary schools.

Books now being read by pupils at Parkfield Community School include Mommy, Mama and Me and King & King - stories about same-sex relationships and marriages.

But Mr Moffat and the No Outsiders programme have come under fire from some Muslim parents who condemn such teachings, as homosexuality is strictly forbidden in Islam.

Mr Moffat, who is openly gay, and the school have defended the programme, which they said had been fully explained to parents. They added: "No Outsiders allows us to raise awareness of these differences so that children are able to tolerate and accept differences in our society."

But outraged mum Fatima Shah, who has taken her 10-year-old daughter out of the school, told BirminghamLive: "It's inappropriate, totally wrong.

"Children are being told it's OK to be gay yet 98 per cent of children at this school are Muslim. It's a Muslim community.

Quote:"I've taken my daughter out and other parents have too. Enough is enough.
"Sex relationship education is being taught without our consent. We've not been informed about what's being taught.
"Mr Moffat is running what's called CHIPS - challenging homophobia in primary schools - and it's totally against Islamic beliefs.
"My child came home and told me am I OK to be a boy? It's confusing children about sexuality.
"I want my child to learn about English, maths and science.
"I'm keeping my daughter away from the school until something is done. I've been paying £20-an-hour tuition at home instead."

Speaking alongside other Muslim parents outside the school gates, the mum-of-three added: "We believe in fundamental British values and believe gay people should be treated with mutual respect and without prejudice or discrimination just like any other human being.
"We respect the Equality Act and believe it can be implemented without the promotion of homosexuality.
"Children have a naive and innocent picture of sexual relationships.
"At this age it is inappropriate to teach them what is a gay or straight relationship.

Others who spoke to BirminghamLive outside Parkfield Community School included mum-of-two Mariam Ahmed. The 34-year-old, who has helped organise a petition calling for change, said: "No Outsiders is not for our community. We have a different ethos.
"Mr Moffat is over-promoting LGBT movements.
"I have nothing against him and I fully respect his beliefs but this should be stopped being taught in schools. It's not necessary. It's confusing children.
"My little girl is four, she's in reception and she came home asking me if it's OK to be a boy instead of a girl and has dressed up in her brother's clothes. She's four years old."

Mohammed Sakib, aged 37, who has children aged eight, nine and 10 at Parkfield Community School, added: "I respect all religions but why should sexuality be taught to primary school-aged children? It's out of control.
"[Mr Moffat] seems a friendly and good-natured guy but he needs to respect us as Muslim parents. He needs to listen."

Another mum, who has children aged seven and 11 at Parkfield Community School, added: "Why does my seven-year-old girl need to be taught about same-sex marriages and homosexuality?
"She should be playing, having fun and should be learning about English and maths. This curriculum is putting ideas into their heads."
Another added: "There's no need. This place is different, it's a 90 per cent Muslim school.

Silence from the Left. If this were a Christian school it would be on CNN, you'd have mobs outside the school, and people would be issuing death threats against the students and their families who are against this.

But... it's brown Muslims... so silence.

lol....I always get a kick out of two politically protected groups throwing poo at one another.
01-27-2019 01:49 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2019 01:19 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(01-27-2019 01:16 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Sounds like the Christians in the USA. Or Mansfield ISD.

Where do Mansfield ISD Christians rank on your list of allies compared to the muslim "community"?

"Christians" who support Mansfield ISD's defacto ban on all openly LGBT teachers in their PUBLIC elementary school are no better and no worse than the Muslim group in the UK.

The difference is that the UK Muslim group hasn't been able to ban LGBT teachers, and the "Christians" in Texas have.

Every single Muslim Member of Congress is 100% supportive of the full LGBT agenda. Every. Single. Last. One. Every Muslim MP in the UK is also fully supportive of the LGBT agenda. Are you aware of ANY elected Muslim in any electoral level in the USA that opposes LGBT rights? I'm not. There might be one somewhere. But as of yet, I'm not aware of any.

And there's the 'directional' issue too. What direction are things going in.

The right wing "christians" always take the LGBT community backwards. Always.
01-27-2019 01:53 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(01-27-2019 01:53 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

"Christians" who support Mansfield ISD's defacto ban on all openly LGBT teachers in their PUBLIC elementary school are no better and no worse than the Muslim group in the UK.

The difference is that the UK Muslim group hasn't been able to ban LGBT teachers, and the "Christians" in Texas have.

Every single Muslim Member of Congress is 100% supportive of the full LGBT agenda. Every. Single. Last. One. Every Muslim MP in the UK is also fully supportive of the LGBT agenda. Are you aware of ANY elected Muslim in any electoral level in the USA that opposes LGBT rights? I'm not. There might be one somewhere. But as of yet, I'm not aware of any.

I think the bigger point here Tom is that parents want to have a say in the moral instruction of their children, and want the instruction at school to begin at age appropriate points in their child's life, if it is to be taught.
01-27-2019 01:56 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2019 01:56 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

I think the bigger point here Tom is that parents want to have a say in the moral instruction of their children, and want the instruction at school to begin at age appropriate points in their child's life, if it is to be taught.

Then educate your kids in taxpayer non-supported schools that pay property taxes.

If you demand that LGBT teachers be shut out, or have less free speech rights than straight ones (to discuss their personal family life), or that LGBT kids be erased and effectively demeaned with taxpayer dollars, then I'm calling that out as homophobia and discrimination.

And I fail to see any difference between American evangelicals and the Muslim group in the UK on this issue. Actually the American evangelicals are the more pressing threat.

----

Implied in your argument is that Gay people are somehow bad or a threat to kids. Or that teaching kids, explicitly or implicitly that being LGBT is 'bad' or something 'dangerous' .
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019 02:14 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-27-2019 02:13 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Gays defending muslims is like jews defending nazis.

You just have to sit back, shake your head and watch the twisted logic unfold.
01-27-2019 02:35 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Those young Muslims, they blow up so fast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
01-27-2019 02:36 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

Talking about this stuff to prepubescent children is child abuse.

There is a lot of this pronoun nonsense that has no business in the schools. At the same time, there is a need for some discussion related to anti-bullying as well as current politics.
01-27-2019 02:43 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(01-27-2019 02:13 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Then educate your kids in taxpayer non-supported schools that pay property taxes.

If you demand that LGBT teachers be shut out, or have less free speech rights than straight ones (to discuss their personal family life), or that LGBT kids be erased and effectively demeaned with taxpayer dollars, then I'm calling that out as homophobia and discrimination.

And I fail to see any difference between American evangelicals and the Muslim group in the UK on this issue. Actually the American evangelicals are the more pressing threat.

----

Implied in your argument is that Gay people are somehow bad or a threat to kids. Or that teaching kids, explicitly or implicitly that being LGBT is 'bad' or something 'dangerous' .

I pay taxes too Tom. And I don't want the damned state teaching my kids about sex education while they are in elementary school either. As a tax payer my views and rights are every bit as valid as yours. The government doesn't have the right to step into areas covered by faith, or into the parent's homes.

And for the record there is nothing implied in my argument other than age appropriate education. But by your objection to reason it might be implied that the LGBT community feels the need to reach children at an age inappropriate for the subject matter. Why is that?
01-27-2019 05:27 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(01-27-2019 01:01 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  That crap doesn't belong in schools, get it out.
Yeah, gotta agree with the muslim moms on this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
01-27-2019 05:55 PM
Advertisement

q5sys Offline
1st String

Typical Tom... always defending Islam.

Christians are mean to LGBT : Tom goes on a rage and talks about how bad Christians are.

Muslims are mean to LGBT : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by shooting up gay nightclubs : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by throwing them off roofs : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by hanging them publicly in front of cheering crowds : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by stoning them to death : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by firing squads : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.

At this point his repeated behavior on this board is beyond reprehensible... and he thinks that 'he' is the moral one here.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019 06:12 PM by q5sys.)
01-27-2019 06:09 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(01-27-2019 05:55 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(01-27-2019 01:01 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  That crap doesn't belong in schools, get it out.

Basically you have two protected groups doing what they do. The typical call is your rights end when they begin infringing on my rights. In this case---with two constitutionally protected groups---your going to have a winner and a loser. That said, Ive always thought the Muslim religion simply doesnt mesh very well with a Western culture that openly flaunts sex appeal and uses it to sell everything from automobiles to razor blades. There is always going to be conflict there. I cant imagine trying to raise children in a strict Muslim religious manner in the US. It would be like running a bar/strip joint in Iran.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019 07:41 PM by Attackcoog.)
01-27-2019 07:38 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2019 06:09 PM)q5sys Wrote:  

Typical Tom... always defending Islam.

Christians are mean to LGBT : Tom goes on a rage and talks about how bad Christians are.

Muslims are mean to LGBT : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by shooting up gay nightclubs : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by throwing them off roofs : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by hanging them publicly in front of cheering crowds : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by stoning them to death : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.
Muslims MURDER LGBT by firing squads : Tom ignores it, and talks about how bad Christians are.

At this point his repeated behavior on this board is beyond reprehensible... and he thinks that 'he' is the moral one here.

Where did I defend people killing people for being LGBT?

What I have done has been to consistently point out that

1) It isn't Islam any more than Christianity that is evil in this regard
2) That the threat to LGBT people in many places is more pressing coming from evangelical Christians
3) That many people who demand that we focus SOLELY on violations by Muslims (and reprehensible ones at that, granted) are not doing so from a desire to stop those abuses, but simply to focus LGBT anger on half the problem, for the sole benefit of people who, at best, actively ignore and at worst, actively enable similar abuses.

If you'd like to condemn SOME Mullahs and SOME evangelicals like Tony Perkins for advocating/enabling/defending gross human rights abuses, I'm all ears.

But otherwise, I'm just filing this under 'crocodile tears'.

And I still see little difference between being jailed and beaten by Egyptian authorities citing Muslim (or Coptic) dogma, or by Putin citing Russian Orthodox or Muslim dogma. BTW, those are the worst countries on Earth right now. Egypt and Russia.

I can promise you, I'm aware of the situation on the ground in many countries. Much of the Muslim world is horrendous. Morocco, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey are all going backwards. But Lebanon, the Palestinian Authority, Albania. Kosovo, Bosnia, and Trinidad are going the other direction.

But the number 1 threat right now to the safety and human rights of my community is Russia and its enablers. And from a personal perspective, from evangelical Christians in the United States.

When you're mature enough to fight against all abuses of the LGBT community, from whatever source, then you'll be mature enough for me to allow you to have me discuss the Muslim situation more forcefully. But if you're just going to use it to get your anti-Muslim rocks off, and ignore abuses by groups you might like, then nope. You're not here to support and defend the LGBT community from abuse....but rather solely here to smear all Muslims, regardless of their individual views/actions on LGBT persons.

BTW, y'all like to laugh at me for bringing up the death camps and mass roundups of LGBT persons by Putin's regime. They've reportedly started again. At least 2 more deaths.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019 07:59 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-27-2019 07:54 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(01-27-2019 07:38 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(01-27-2019 05:55 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  

Basically you have two protected groups doing what they do. The typical call is your rights end when they begin infringing on my rights. In this case---with two constitutionally protected groups---your going to have a winner and a loser. That said, Ive always thought the Muslim religion simply doesnt mesh very well with a Western culture that openly flaunts sex appeal and uses it to sell everything from automobiles to razor blades. There is always going to be conflict there. I cant imagine trying to raise children in a strict Muslim religious manner in the US. It would be like running a bar/strip joint in Iran.

1. You can't be a republic or democracy if some groups have more rights than others. So on the flip side to protect any single group is to rob the rest. Therefore we should abolish "special protection" altogether. The laws on assault, murder, trespass, criminal trespass, and equal access are all that's needed. When you have "hate" laws you force routine criminals into hate categories that may or may not have been their intent. Guilty is guilty, but lets make sure they aren't lumped into some category so the statistics become a self fulfilling prophecy for the need of the discriminatory law.

2. The Muslim moms do have an excellent point. Why are we forcing sex educations on 2nd graders? I had families in one of my social groups who had their high school kids being encouraged by a high school biology teacher to experiment sexually with both sexes. The school board waffled when complaints were lodged. The issue wasn't that they were encouraged to have sex with two different genders, the issue was they were encouraged to have sex period. 10th graders were involved in the Biology class and the teacher was reprimanded but not fired, and this was in Georgia. Fourteen and fifteen year olds don't need a teacher encouraging them to have sex, let alone sex with both genders. They should be educating them on safe sex, and std prevention if they are going to broach the subject at all. I'm fine with sex education classes for the appropriate age groups but I believe they should be optional and decided by the parent.

3. Muslims who want to be practicing, rather than secular, need isolated areas much like the Amish have if they are to be successful in adherence to their beliefs. The problem with Islamic fundamentalism is that they believe in being neighborly while in the minority, but by practice feel the need to proselytize as commanded in the Koran if they become a majority even within a city or county. That's where the intolerance of the customs and laws of the host nation come into question. So they are tolerant until they feel they have a majority and then the intolerance is manifested in fundamentalist expectations. There are communities and cities in England that are now experiencing this as has been documented on this board.

So while I'm in agreement with them about the Sex Education, the larger their population grows in concentrated areas of the this nation the more difficult they will be to assimilate. All U.S. immigration centers on the assimilation of the immigrant family into American life. And it assumes tolerance on the part of the immigrant and the citizens. When a group cannot be tolerant of the laws and customs of the U.S. then immigration needs to be denied. This goes for their fundamentalism, for drug traffickers, and for those who break the law to get here.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019 08:08 PM by JRsec.)
01-27-2019 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.