Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Watford tonight
Bookmark and Share
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Watford tonight
Got a triple double. Don’t know the specific stats though.
01-23-2019 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Watford tonight
(01-23-2019 12:29 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  Got a triple double. Don’t know the specific stats though.

It says here that it was 10/9/7.

Quote:Star of the game: Although he didn’t lead his team in points, 5-star Mountain Brook senior Trendon Watford was everywhere for the Spartans and finished with 10 points, nine rebounds and seven assists.
01-23-2019 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(01-23-2019 08:47 AM)mairving Wrote:  
(01-23-2019 12:29 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  Got a triple double. Don’t know the specific stats though.

Quote:Star of the game: Although he didn’t lead his team in points, 5-star Mountain Brook senior Trendon Watford was everywhere for the Spartans and finished with 10 points, nine rebounds and seven assists.

I’m confused then. I just saw on Twitter that he got a triple double. Heck he didn’t get a triple double at all, so why someone would tweet that out is beyond me. Sorry for posting.
01-23-2019 08:50 AM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(01-23-2019 08:50 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(01-23-2019 08:47 AM)mairving Wrote:  

I’m confused then. I just saw on Twitter that he got a triple double. Heck he didn’t get a triple double at all, so why someone would tweet that out is beyond me. Sorry for posting.

I saw that tweet. Maybe the guy kept his own stats. Still shows how Watford can affect a game even if he's not scoring.
01-23-2019 08:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

Still very good. He can do it all.
01-23-2019 10:17 AM
Advertisement

Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
He will be on 92.9 at 1:25.
01-23-2019 12:26 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
cool, thanks
01-23-2019 12:40 PM
Advertisement

EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

Didn’t get to hear his interview, anyone have any takeaways . . .
01-24-2019 01:54 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Said he's waiting until season is over to decide. Still between us, LSU, Bama, Indiana. He said a little about 3 of the schools - didn't say anything about Indiana. My take is it's between us and LSU. All he said about Bama was they were first to offer. And since he's waiting until after his HS season is over, I'm guessing he doesn't want to get harassed by Bama fans at games.

Talks with Wiseman frequently and also knows DJ very well. Said having Wiseman signed helps Memphis in his recruitment.

That's about it. Another well-spoken kid.
01-25-2019 02:50 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2019 01:54 PM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  Didn’t get to hear his interview, anyone have any takeaways . . .

Not the interview but was at the game - my impressions:

Combination of things...East got very impatience in the 4th against a good zone collapsed around Wiseman & East guards were bricking quick 3s rather than working to get the ball inside to Wiseman. That got East behind in the 4th. East was using Dandridge at the top of the key (probably to facilitate high/low opportunities), but he was drawing no defender with 3 defenders all over Wiseman on the block. East also got away from Wiseman on the perimeter where he had been very effective shooting the 3 in the 1st half. For sure, Watford was much more active in the 4th but Mtnbrook had other excellent outside shooters too when Watford was down low. Crunch time in the 4th, Watford was bringing the ball up court, had the ball at the top of the key & with patience was able to get to the rim time after time - and he hit FTs. Game over, despite East hitting 2-3 desperation 3s at the end.

Watford definitely had the most complete game on the floor. He can play anywhere needed - and we need him. We could use his game right now. Wiseman, at least in that game, showed he's the better shooter, was maybe the better defender but Watford has a pretty complete game, excels in every facet of the game. Penny & Miller were both there, one at one end of the court, one at the other - seemed very strategic that Watford would see Tiger interest at both ends of the floor.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2019 12:21 PM by Atlanta.)
01-27-2019 10:25 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
We need to land Watford.
01-27-2019 11:05 AM
rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-27-2019 10:25 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(01-24-2019 01:54 PM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  Didn’t get to hear his interview, anyone have any takeaways . . .

Not the interview but was at the game - my impressions:

Combination of things...East got very impatience in the 4th against a good zone collapsed around Wiseman & East guards were bricking quick 3s rather than working to get the ball inside to Wiseman. That got East behind in the 4th. East was using Dandridge at the top of the key (probably to facilitate high/low opportunities), but he was drawing no defender with 3 defenders all over Wiseman on the block. East also got away from Wiseman on the perimeter where he had been very effective shooting the 3 in the 1st half. For sure, Watford was much more active in the 4th but Mtnbrook had other excellent outside shooters too when Watford was down low. Crunch time in the 4th, Watford was bringing the ball up court, had the ball at the top of the key & with patience was able to get to the rim time after time - and he hit FTs. Game over, despite East hitting 2-3 desperation 3s at the end.

Watford definitely had the most complete game on the floor. He can play anywhere needed - and we need him. We could use his game right now. Wiseman, at least in that game, showed he's the better shooter, was maybe the better defender but Watford has a pretty complete game, excels in every facet of the game. Penny & Miller were both there, one at one end of the court, one at the other - seemed very strategic that Watford would see Tiger interest at both ends of the floor.

01-28-2019 11:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.