Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Actress Wants Fat-Shaming To Be Considered Hate Speech
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
https://www.dailywire.com/news/39977/act...ashe-schow

Quote:“Body positivity” has been a rallying cry for many celebrities and women’s organizations that claim being overweight is not unhealthy. Now one celebrity in particular wants to make “fat-shaming” — remarks intended to make someone feel bad over their weight — to be considered “hate speech.”

Actress Jameela Jamil from “The Good Place” announced last week that she would start a company based on her Instagram account, “I Weigh,” which focuses on body positivity. She announced her new company in a tweet last Wednesday and said one of the company’s “main goals is to work towards a policy change that means this way of talking about people’s bodies is considered hate speech.”

01-07-2019 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Actress Wants Fat-Shaming To Be Considered Hate Speech
What next:

"I paid more in taxes than you and I think that's not fair."

"HATE SPEECH! BIGOT!"

Where all this is heading is to define criticism of any type as "hate speech". That would be the end of civilization since criticism is one of the ways we learn from our mistakes and grow as people and societies.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019 12:33 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
01-07-2019 12:31 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Maybe Dean Wormer was wrong. Maybe Fat, Drunk and Stupid is the way to go through life! Working hard, being serious, staying fit, and trying to learn only gets me taxed more and more to pay for the Fat, Drunk (or High), and Stupid. And knowing enough to see the insanity of it only keeps me pissed off!
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019 12:46 PM by JRsec.)
01-07-2019 12:44 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
hate speech isn't real, change my mind
01-07-2019 12:50 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
LOL more clowns.
01-07-2019 12:52 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
https://youtu.be/BYB3Fx0a8-4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
01-07-2019 01:02 PM
Advertisement

bobdizole Online
All American

I Root For: MT
(01-07-2019 12:50 PM)Kronke Wrote:  hate speech isn't real, change my mind

Do you believe in the English language? Speech conferring your hatred for someone or something is as real as any other word or phrase.

Now, the snowflakes that like to take their interpretation of what someone says and say it's hate speech is 04-bs
01-07-2019 01:07 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Simple justice is difficult enough to attain without any special adjectives.
01-07-2019 01:24 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
How come leftists get fired up when one of their own are "shamed", but have no concerns when it comes to making comments about Sarah Huckabee-Sanders' figure?
01-07-2019 01:47 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-07-2019 01:47 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  How come leftists get fired up when one of their own are "shamed", but have no concerns when it comes to making comments about Sarah Huckabee-Sanders' figure?

Same reason the Hollywood anti-gun nuts at the Golden Globes last night have armed protection, bomb sniffing dogs on site.
01-07-2019 01:51 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(01-07-2019 01:47 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  How come leftists get fired up when one of their own are "shamed", but have no concerns when it comes to making comments about Sarah Huckabee-Sanders' figure?

Simple. They HATE her.
01-07-2019 01:55 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America

Or Melania's choice of shoes. FFS.
01-07-2019 01:59 PM
bobdizole Online
All American

I Root For: MT
(01-07-2019 01:55 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  

Simple. They HATE her.

Their mommys didn't teach them if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Which honestly goes both ways. Some of the things I have read said about Michelle Obama are pretty disgusting.

Everyone would be better off if they stuck to the issues and left superficial commentary out of it. It's like the Cortez dancing video that surfaced. Really? You are going to pick on an 18 year old girl dancing in a college video and not the fact that she has degree from Boston College in economics and international relations but clearly doesn't know a thing about either.
01-07-2019 02:12 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(01-07-2019 02:12 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  

Simple. They HATE her.

Their mommys didn't teach them if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Which honestly goes both ways. Some of the things I have read said about Michelle Obama are pretty disgusting.

Everyone would be better off if they stuck to the issues and left superficial commentary out of it. It's like the Cortez dancing video that surfaced. Really? You are going to pick on an 18 year old girl dancing in a college video and not the fact that she has degree from Boston College in economics and international relations but clearly doesn't know a thing about either.

Either she slept through her classes or danced her way through them.
01-07-2019 02:38 PM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
(01-07-2019 01:07 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(01-07-2019 12:50 PM)Kronke Wrote:  hate speech isn't real, change my mind

Do you believe in the English language? Speech conferring your hatred for someone or something is as real as any other word or phrase.

Now, the snowflakes that like to take their interpretation of what someone says and say it's hate speech is 04-bs

Hate speech, in the US anyway, is simply a construct. It is not regulated. You can use that label all you like with no legal consequences. The UK, where this woman lives, does have hate speech laws so if she's successful presumably there would be consequences for that kind of language. It's sad watching that country continue to undermine it's freedoms in an effort to prevent unpleasantness.
01-07-2019 02:51 PM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(01-07-2019 01:24 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Simple justice is difficult enough to attain without any special adjectives.

Personally, I believe your comment applies to both "hate speech" and "hate crimes". Both are very Orwellian concepts
01-07-2019 02:57 PM
Advertisement

q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(01-07-2019 02:12 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  

Simple. They HATE her.

I personally believe thats a false flag made to rial up the left's base.
The account that made the initial comments about AOC, was a new account that was 5 days old and had just posted a bunch of conspiracy stuff. There was no context of that persons views. Profile simply claimed to be a 'christian father' and a ton of conspiracy crap... one AOC post and BOOM... NATIONAL PRESS COVERAGE.

With the amount of activity on Twitter... how that post was found and promoted by the media is really interesting. That tweet didn't start getting traction until AFTER the media starting talking about it and then people saw it via the media promoting it.

I think very smart political analysts have gone back and looked at how Trump was propelled to the national stage and the whitehouse... and are trying to recreate that for AOC for a potential 2024 bid. And with control of the media narrative... they can tailor create stories to push the narrative and continue to make her relevant. This is social engineering on a grander scale.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019 03:02 PM by q5sys.)
01-07-2019 02:59 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Where do you find all this stuff that you can be upset by? It seems like you go looking for it.
01-07-2019 03:04 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
I don't subscribe to the all body sizes are healthy mantra and I don't agree with the idea that weight criticism (within reason I guess?) is hate speech. Normalizing the obesity epidemic is why it has become one.
01-07-2019 03:05 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(01-07-2019 03:05 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  I don't subscribe to the all body sizes are healthy mantra and I don't agree with the idea that weight criticism (within reason I guess?) is hate speech. Normalizing the obesity epidemic is why it has become one.

No, it is because people have become too lazy to cook their own food and too lazy to get off their arse. Eating out for lunch every day and dinner on the weekends combined with no exercise will make most people fat.

I do realize some people have medical conditions that make it much more difficult to manage weight. My wife has a friend has PCOS and runs 10ks and still wears a size 14 dress and has a fat arse. Most people are just fat and lazy though.
01-07-2019 03:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.