Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week/Day: UB
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Game Week/Day: UB
Okay, these games really, really count...
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019 06:08 AM by emu steve.)
12-31-2018 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Week: UB
Dear Friends,
I would hope that we are at least competitive, but I just read we are 21 point underdogs. If, that is true, then we won't be any better in this game then we were at Kansas.
12-31-2018 11:23 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

A little O/T, but Davis for UDM continues to light it up. They beat Youngstown State.

Not as bad as most thought. Won four games and has competed well.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports...436301002/
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018 12:55 PM by emu steve.)
12-31-2018 12:53 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
We should give Murphy an extension for playing UDM so close.
12-31-2018 02:39 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I think we can cover the 21. Keyword: can.

Buffalo isn’t the biggest team, but we will still probably see the Thompson/Toure combo. If we do, then our only chance of winning will be Elijah Minnie hitting 10 threes, or something like that. Our best option is to play a more traditional lineup and run at them. Start Groce over Toure and do what you can to force turnovers and long misses. Making it a track meet, like we did at the end of last season.

But that won’t happen, so here’s to hoping Minnie (and McAdoo) catches fire. Or else it’ll likely be blowout city again.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018 04:33 PM by EagleSam.)
12-31-2018 04:32 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

Game Week: UB
(12-31-2018 04:32 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  I think we can cover the 21. Keyword: can.

Buffalo isn’t the biggest team, but we will still probably see the Thompson/Toure combo. If we do, then our only chance of winning will be Elijah Minnie hitting 10 threes, or something like that. Our best option is to play a more traditional lineup and run at them. Start Groce over Toure and do what you can to force turnovers and long misses. Making it a track meet, like we did at the end of last season.

But that won’t happen, so here’s to hoping Minnie (and McAdoo) catches fire. Or else it’ll likely be blowout city again.

Isn’t it sad that we know and have known what needs to happen for this team to be most effective and yet the man paid to do so still refuses to accept it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-31-2018 06:01 PM
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2018 02:39 PM)holybovine Wrote:  We should give Murphy an extension for playing UDM so close.

03-lmfao
01-01-2019 07:53 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2018 06:01 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  
(12-31-2018 04:32 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  I think we can cover the 21. Keyword: can.

Isn’t it sad that we know and have known what needs to happen for this team to be most effective and yet the man paid to do so still refuses to accept it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's called incompetence and he is basically just stealing money now.
01-01-2019 07:57 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

New Year and a new MAC schedule. I'll stick with the new optimism and lay off Murphy...for now.

EMU will have their hands full with UB. Everyone on that team shoots the 3-ball so we must see Thompson in the middle and the wings need to stretch out to the perimeter.
01-03-2019 02:10 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(01-03-2019 02:10 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  New Year and a new MAC schedule. I'll stick with the new optimism and lay off Murphy...for now.

EMU will have their hands full with UB. Everyone on that team shoots the 3-ball so we must see Thompson in the middle and the wings need to stretch out to the perimeter.

Amen. I don't remember having this sour of a taste in my mouth heading into conference play since Murphy has been here, but there is still time to turn the season around. Let's start with a good showing tomorrow night.
01-03-2019 03:20 PM
Block_E Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Eastern
The best news I have is noone actually knows whether the team is any good. The only two opponents I considered as an indicator of future success were the four-point losses to D-Mercy and Cal Irvine. Everyone else, we really knew the outcome well before tipoff.
01-03-2019 03:53 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-03-2019 03:53 PM)Block_E Wrote:  The best news I have is noone actually knows whether the team is any good. The only two opponents I considered as an indicator of future success were the four-point losses to D-Mercy and Cal Irvine. Everyone else, we really knew the outcome well before tipoff.

Agree. The OOC schedule was CRAZY.
01-03-2019 06:18 PM
mpleafan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EMU, U of M
I'm seeing Buffalo favored by 10.5 on the ESPN app
01-03-2019 06:52 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

RE: Game Week/Day: UB
(01-03-2019 06:52 PM)mpleafan Wrote:  I'm seeing Buffalo favored by 10.5 on the ESPN app

Surprised it is that small. We'll see.
01-04-2019 06:10 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(01-03-2019 06:52 PM)mpleafan Wrote:  I'm seeing Buffalo favored by 10.5 on the ESPN app

Yikes. If I were a gambling man, I’d put money on Buffalo to cover that. But they didn’t exactly blow everyone out in their OOC schedule, so if we can get them to miss threes and not have many 2nd chances, we could make it competitive.

I’m very curious to see what our lineup will be. And what kind of crowd we get. I know it’s against a ranked opponent, but are the students back yet?
01-04-2019 07:26 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2019 07:26 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  

Yikes. If I were a gambling man, I’d put money on Buffalo to cover that. But they didn’t exactly blow everyone out in their OOC schedule, so if we can get them to miss threes and not have many 2nd chances, we could make it competitive.

I’m very curious to see what our lineup will be. And what kind of crowd we get. I know it’s against a ranked opponent, but are the students back yet?
School is not back in session yet.

EMU needs to avoid a 26-0 run like they gave up at UB last year. They need to slow the game to a crawl and try to win ugly.
01-04-2019 07:47 AM
Advertisement

alum93 Offline
2nd String

(01-04-2019 07:47 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  

EMU needs to avoid a 26-0 run like they gave up at UB last year. They need to slow the game to a crawl and try to win ugly.

I am taking my (3) current EMU students to the game tonight. Yes, that's right (3) in college at once.
01-04-2019 07:58 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-04-2019 07:58 AM)alum93 Wrote:  
(01-04-2019 07:47 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  

I am taking my (3) current EMU students to the game tonight. Yes, that's right (3) in college at once.

OMG.
01-04-2019 08:27 AM
JonesGoddard Offline
2nd String

I'm going. Only to see friends and have a few drinks. But, I doubt this game resembles anything like a competitive basketball game.

This team doesn't have it.
01-04-2019 10:20 AM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I'll be there even though it's close to my bed time.
01-04-2019 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.