Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

For all the Chicago Bears/Garrett Wolfe conspiracy theorists
Bookmark and Share
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
Listen to Greg Gabriel at the 20:15 second mark.

https://670thescore.radio.com/media/audi...alk-hour-4
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 01:52 PM by randyfensfanclub1.)
12-19-2018 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: For all the Chicago Bears/Garrett Wolfe conspiracy theorists
(12-19-2018 01:52 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Listen to Greg Gabriel at the 20:15 second mark.

Gabriel didnt say anything we didnt know. Im not aware of the conspiracy theory, can you fill us in on the conspiracy?
12-19-2018 02:13 PM
NIU Chicago Offline
Special Teams

The Bears didn’t use WOLFE correctly. That was the biggest problem.
12-19-2018 02:41 PM
All American

(12-19-2018 02:13 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(12-19-2018 01:52 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Listen to Greg Gabriel at the 20:15 second mark.

Gabriel didnt say anything we didnt know. Im not aware of the conspiracy theory, can you fill us in on the conspiracy?

Not to hard to find. Look at the post above this one.

"Didn't give him a chance" and "use correctly." He admits he did well in workout, coaches wanted him. And this was their director of college scouting, not a guy on a blog, NIU Homer. The guy who actually had a big say. But then they suddenly turned on him, didn't use him right and give him a chance to succeed. Didn't work out, but had nothing to do with him. Decided that they would rather lose their jobs, rest of NFL not look into him out of spite. I am pretty sure you can find that in about 100+ posts on here.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 03:30 PM by randyfensfanclub1.)
12-19-2018 03:26 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(12-19-2018 03:26 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  

"Didn't give him a chance" and "use correctly." He admits he did well in combine, coaches wanted him. And this was their director of college scouting, not a guy on a blog, NIU Homer. The guy who actually had a big say. But then they suddenly turned on him, didn't use him right and give him a chance to succeed. Had nothing to do with him. Decided that they would rather lose their jobs, rest of NFL not look into him out of spite. I am pretty sure you can find that in about 100+ posts on here.

I hardly would conclude that Bear fans concluding Wolfe was not used correctly is a conspiracy. The Bears have been known to make a few mistakes utilizing players over the years, thus the parade of coaches that have been through here.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 03:31 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
12-19-2018 03:30 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
The stupid Bears did not know how to use Wolfe theory would be much more valid if any one of the other 31 teams in the NFL had picked up Wolfe off of the waiver wire and he became a star player for them. I guess no one else knew how to use him either.
12-19-2018 05:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(12-19-2018 05:00 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  The stupid Bears did not know how to use Wolfe theory would be much more valid if any one of the other 31 teams in the NFL had picked up Wolfe off of the waiver wire and he became a star player for them. I guess no one else knew how to use him either.

You can disagree with that thought, but it sure doesnt make them conspiracy theorists lol
12-19-2018 05:19 PM
chihuskie Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(12-19-2018 05:00 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  The stupid Bears did not know how to use Wolfe theory would be much more valid if any one of the other 31 teams in the NFL had picked up Wolfe off of the waiver wire and he became a star player for them. I guess no one else knew how to use him either.

I think the guy speaking himself said, "for whatever reason" Garrett didn't work out as he thought he would. "For whatever reason" includes the way he was used! And if you watched the Bears at that time, you cannot seriously argue that they did.

And once a team let's a player go, it is very hard-- for an unestablished kid-- to get a chance somewhere else.
12-19-2018 07:16 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(12-19-2018 07:16 PM)chihuskie Wrote:  

I think the guy speaking himself said, "for whatever reason" Garrett didn't work out as he thought he would. "For whatever reason" includes the way he was used! And if you watched the Bears at that time, you cannot seriously argue that they did.

And once a team let's a player go, it is very hard-- for an unestablished kid-- to get a chance somewhere else.

This whole conversation is asinine. Garrett was a tiny guy and the Bears tried to run him between the tackles straight into 300 lb men. He wasn't Earl Campbell or Mike Alstott. The Bears O Coordinator was Ron Turner who was terrible and he zero creativity. Turner sucked as a coach at every stop...minus his 2001 Illinois team which coincidentally snuck by NIU 17-12 that year.
12-19-2018 09:00 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

Well...he was only good on special teams...plus there was that whole opening up and not paying a huge bar tab and fighting with cops by saying "let's compare paychecks" thing
12-19-2018 09:00 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(12-19-2018 09:00 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

Well...he was only good on special teams...plus there was that whole opening up and not paying a huge bar tab and fighting with cops by saying "let's compare paychecks" thing

I think the story was he was wayyyyyy overcharged on his tab and he called out the niteclub ..then he got roughed up.
12-19-2018 09:12 PM
Advertisement

badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

G was overlooked here at NIU. He was turning heads in practice and running for over 100 yards in the spring games but he would’ve never beaten out AJ Harris until AJ got hurt and G had two consecutive 200+ games in a row. He just didn’t get the same opportunity in the league and the NFL is under no obligation to give everyone every shot to be successful. Dude was by far the most exciting player I have ever seen...
12-19-2018 09:19 PM
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

When he touched the ball I always thought he had a chance to score. NIU has been missing that for a long time.
12-19-2018 10:12 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(12-19-2018 10:12 PM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  When he touched the ball I always thought he had a chance to score. NIU has been missing that for a long time.

Picture Kenny Golladay with Harnish...
12-19-2018 10:49 PM
All American

(12-19-2018 03:30 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

"Didn't give him a chance" and "use correctly." He admits he did well in combine, coaches wanted him. And this was their director of college scouting, not a guy on a blog, NIU Homer. The guy who actually had a big say. But then they suddenly turned on him, didn't use him right and give him a chance to succeed. Had nothing to do with him. Decided that they would rather lose their jobs, rest of NFL not look into him out of spite. I am pretty sure you can find that in about 100+ posts on here.

I hardly would conclude that Bear fans concluding Wolfe was not used correctly is a conspiracy. The Bears have been known to make a few mistakes utilizing players over the years, thus the parade of coaches that have been through here.

Bear fans?

I don't know any Bear fans w/o ties to NIU saying this. What they did say is why did they draft him.

Yes, you are part of the conspiracy theorists. I'll take Greg Gabriel's assessment and leave it as he passed the eye, they worked him out, got him but "he never played to the level we thought he was going to be, for whatever reason."

This wasn't a case where a guy like Olson, who already had success, went somewhere else to be a pro bowl caliber. In fact not many guys did. It was an assessment that eventually failed. 31 other clubs thought the same.

And I have nothing against him and in fact can easily say he was a t5 guy I have ever seen in college in 35+ years of watching NIU and UI in person. I have an autographed jersey and remember the day he was drafted as I was in STL for a Cubs game and believe it was the day the Cards P died coming back from E. STL. I was ecstatic and thought it was a great pick. But I can honestly admit my take was also wrong after watching him in person at the pro level.
12-19-2018 11:56 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(12-19-2018 11:56 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(12-19-2018 03:30 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Bear fans?

I don't know any Bear fans w/o ties to NIU saying this. What they did say is why did they draft him.

Yes, you are part of the conspiracy theorists. I'll take Greg Gabriel's assessment and leave it as he passed the eye, they worked him out, got him but "he never played to the level we thought he was going to be, for whatever reason."

This wasn't a case where a guy like Olson, who already had success, went somewhere else to be a pro bowl caliber. In fact not many guys did. It was an assessment that eventually failed. 31 other clubs thought the same.

And I have nothing against him and in fact can easily say he was a t5 guy I have ever seen in college in 35+ years of watching NIU and UI in person. I have an autographed jersey and remember the day he was drafted as I was in STL for a Cubs game and believe it was the day the Cards P died coming back from E. STL. I was ecstatic and thought it was a great pick. But I can honestly admit my take was also wrong after watching him in person at the pro level.

The Bears just don't have the track record on player decisions to assume everything they did was perfect. Not the model organization to point to for bible truth. Maybe times are a changing though!
12-20-2018 12:06 AM
Advertisement

Wolfe23 Offline
1st String

I Root For: HUSKIES
Wolfe was/is my favorite NIU player ever. But let's be honest, he wasn't cut out to make it in the pros. He's not the first player who was a star in college not make it in the NFL. At first I wanted to blame the Bear's offensive coaches/gameplan and how they utilized him, but if that was the case he most likely would've been picked up by another team.

But I still remember when he was drafted like it was yesterday. I was watching the draft in my dorm room eating dinner and almost chocked as I tried yelling when I heard his name called. It was surreal.
12-20-2018 08:54 AM
pjfleck82 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, XFL 2001
(12-19-2018 10:49 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(12-19-2018 10:12 PM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  When he touched the ball I always thought he had a chance to score. NIU has been missing that for a long time.

Picture Kenny Golladay with Harnish...

or Chris Finlen.
12-20-2018 01:28 PM
NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
His career rushing average was 3.9 - not great but not terrible, but their offensive line in those years was not very good. That includes running him up the middle as much as they did the other RBs. And no, he wasn't just given the ball on 3rd and long.

I think the biggest surprise was that when they gave him a tryout they apparently threw the ball to him a bunch, and he didn't drop any. But the few chances he got to play, they never seemed to look his direction even when he was open. I was surprised he went in 3rd round given his size, but thought maybe they had particular plans for him. Apparently not. Still, he got 4 years in the league, and I guess he did fairly well on special teams.
12-20-2018 01:48 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
When they forced Garrett Wolfe to gain weight to be more durable is when his career was over. He lost that explosiveness that made him great at NIU.
12-20-2018 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.