***Official Tulane at Houston Game Thread***
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Network: ESPN
Time: 8:00 EST
Line: Houston -10.5

Both teams at 4-2 in conference play. If SMU loses, then the winner controls its own destiny to win the division.

UH is fairly banged up, but if King plays his A+ game then they are going for 40+. UH will likely defend with its offense and force Tulane to keep up.

Tulane has to take advantage of how injured UH's defensive line is. They can be run on.

This should be a shootout, even though Tulane's defense hasn't allowed more than 20 points in about a month (which is incredible in its own right).

Applewhite may or may not need this win to keep his seat from getting hot.
11-15-2018 01:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
(11-15-2018 01:14 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Network: ESPN

Both teams at 4-2 in conference play. If SMU loses, then the winner controls its own destiny to win the division.

UH is fairly banged up, but if King plays his A+ game then they are going for 40+. UH will likely defend with its offense and force Tulane to keep up.

Tulane has to take advantage of how injured UH's defensive line is. They can be run on.

This should be a shootout, even though Tulane's defense hasn't allowed more than 20 points in about a month (which is incredible in its own right).

Trust me of applewhite loses this game briles is the head coach come seasons end. Unlike applewhite briles has proven he can make king an elite qb.

Sent from my Necronomicon using DemonTalk
11-15-2018 01:16 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

RE: ***Official Tulane at Houston Game Thread***
(11-15-2018 01:16 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

Trust me of applewhite loses this game briles is the head coach come seasons end. Unlike applewhite briles has proven he can make king an elite qb.

Briles at HC wouldn't win BIG with that defense, though.

UH has the offense of a 12-1 team. The defense is more like 4-8. I actually think you need a defensive mind, but that's just me.
11-15-2018 01:20 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(11-15-2018 01:20 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  
(11-15-2018 01:16 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

Briles at HC wouldn't win BIG with that defense, though.

UH has the offense of a 12-1 team. The defense is more like 4-8. I actually think you need a defensive mind, but that's just me.

Briles with a good defensive coordinator is what we need. We currently have the worst defensive coordinator in college football and that’s literally not an over exaggeration.

UH has never had a defensive head coach in its entire history. Its just not our brand of football.

11-15-2018 01:22 AM
H-Town Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston
Applewhite isn’t going anywhere.
11-15-2018 01:27 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(11-15-2018 01:27 AM)H-Town Wrote:  Applewhite isn’t going anywhere.

He is if he doesn’t win 9 games, and that comes directly from the president. Not to mention applewhite is currently in very hot water with the admin for his lackluster recruiting. Now combine that with blowing a 4-0 conference lead and you have the makings of a coaching failure.

Levine got three seasons but the admin isn’t going to allow applewhite to set us back a decade and ruin another elite player in king. (alot of the booster already blame him for ruining oliver)

You also throw in that applewhite has terrible track record of hiring coordinators and it starts to look even worse for him.

Applewhite is currently failing at every single thing he was hired for, continuing to be an elite team, continuing to have great recruiting classes, and continuing to have great fan support.

11-15-2018 01:33 AM
Advertisement

Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
Please dont mess this up Houston.
11-15-2018 07:35 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2018 07:35 AM)Tigergary Wrote:  Please dont mess this up Houston.

You had a 1-3 Tulane team there for the taking. Can't blame UH for this one.
11-15-2018 07:41 AM
Tigergary Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
(11-15-2018 07:41 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  

You had a 1-3 Tulane team there for the taking. Can't blame UH for this one.

Where did I cast blame? Just saying please dont lose.
11-15-2018 09:26 AM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Tulane wins going away. like USF the wheels have fallen off at Houston. Oliver would be an idiot to play and risk ruining his NFL chances after the dirty hit by Navy. He should shut it down and start preparing for April imo.
11-15-2018 09:39 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(11-15-2018 09:39 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  Tulane wins going away. like USF the wheels have fallen off at Houston. Oliver would be an idiot to play and risk ruining his NFL chances after the dirty hit by Navy. He should shut it down and start preparing for April imo.

He already said he isn’t coming back. Problem is mock drafts are now questioning his work ethic and wether he is even worth a top 10 pic. Last mock draft i saw had him falling all the way to 12th.

11-15-2018 09:41 AM
Advertisement

Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(11-15-2018 09:41 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(11-15-2018 09:39 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  Tulane wins going away. like USF the wheels have fallen off at Houston. Oliver would be an idiot to play and risk ruining his NFL chances after the dirty hit by Navy. He should shut it down and start preparing for April imo.

He already said he isn’t coming back. Problem is mock drafts are now questioning his work ethic and wether he is even worth a top 10 pic. Last mock draft i saw had him falling all the way to 12th.

If he drops out of the top 10 someone will get him at a huge discount. Questioning his work ethic is dumb, just look @ the tape. The man is a monster. Navy also ended the season of Cinci best defensive player with a cheap shot. They tried to take a few cheap shots against UCF but luckily we made it out unharmed.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2018 10:03 AM by Knights_of_UCF.)
11-15-2018 10:02 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(11-15-2018 10:02 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  
(11-15-2018 09:41 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

If he drops out of the top 10 someone will get him at a huge discount. Questioning his work ethic is dumb, just look @ the tape. The man is a monster. Navy also ended the season of Cinci best defensive player with a cheap shot. They tried to take a few cheap shots against UCF but luckily we made it out unharmed.

We will see, its still really early but not playing for your team when they need you especially when you are completely healthy is not a good look.

11-15-2018 10:33 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
Regarding Ed Oliver: smart move to not risk further injury. NFL teams will evaluate his tapes and his health before the draft so it behooves him to be as healthy as possible. If he was a projected third rounder and his knee hurt he might play to show his toughness and try to move up the board. Playing the next two or three games will not improve his draft status and if injured drop him severely. The fact that Houstons D has declined without him is pretty strong evidence of his impact.
11-15-2018 10:49 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon

SECONDED!!!!
11-15-2018 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
coogrfan Offline
All American

[Image: ff4c91e6-ea0c-4364-9234-aa1f0d04b5c7.jpg]

Go Coogs.
11-15-2018 10:58 AM
Advertisement

Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
Big game. Tulane has taken some big strides this season. Houston just proving even with a coach they think sucks, they are going to be a contender.

Must be nice when 7-9 wins is a down year lol.
11-15-2018 10:59 AM
coogrfan Offline
All American

(11-15-2018 10:59 AM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  Big game. Tulane has taken some big strides this season. Houston just proving even with a coach they think sucks, they are going to be a contender.

Must be nice when 7-9 wins is a down year lol.

Anything short of winning the conference and contending for a NY6 berth means we're basically invisible in the Houston sports market. Sucks, but there it is.
11-15-2018 11:02 AM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Here's hoping UH "cougs it". :) Looking forward to a barn burner high scoring game.
11-15-2018 12:40 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Let's Go Green Wave
11-15-2018 12:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.