Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The MWC tv deal is great news for CUSA
Bookmark and Share
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles

Our value has just gone up in terms of available inventory for ESPN.
The exposure for MWC teams just went to hell in a hand basket. That national recruiting pitch by TCU just got killed.
Great news for CUSA.
08-26-2004 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Loboblast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

EagleRockCafe Wrote:Our value has just gone up in terms of available inventory for ESPN.
The exposure for MWC teams just went to hell in a hand basket.  That national recruiting pitch by TCU just got killed.
Great news for CUSA.
Sorry but i'll be the fist to tell you, CUSA will not get good news from ESPN. The WAC didn't, the MWC didn't and not CUSA either!!
08-30-2004 05:48 AM
Blade Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Herd!

Loboblast Wrote:
EagleRockCafe Wrote:Our value has just gone up in terms of available inventory for ESPN.
The exposure for MWC teams just went to hell in a hand basket.  That national recruiting pitch by TCU just got killed.
Great news for CUSA.
Sorry but i'll be the fist to tell you, CUSA will not get good new from ESPN. The WAC didn't, the MWC didn't and not CUSA either!!
Are all the MWC posters UNLV fans, or are you and RR just the only ones obsessed with CUSA?
08-30-2004 05:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loboblast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

No not obsessed at all, not after signing a fat contract that CUSA will never be able to come close to. It just cracks me up how many CUSA fans have so much envy and jealousy of how proactive MWC has been.
08-30-2004 06:38 AM
Matt97 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Then why are you here "Lobo-a$$"????
08-30-2004 06:58 AM
Advertisement

RebelRobert Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNLV

The exposure for MWC teams just went to hell in a hand basket. That national recruiting pitch by TCU just got killed.
Great news for CUSA.
CUSA-lite's value is NOTHING. You offer nothing to any network. You don't have one Football or Basketball conference game that is worth broadcasting once the conference changes are complete. All of the valuable money making CUSA entities have left.

Nobody wants to watch one CUSA-lite basketball game, not one matchup is interesting.

What Football game do you have that is worth anything? NONE

You are basically now the WAC/MAC combined together. That means your contract per year will be in the $1 million to $2 million range. You guys need to wake up and get realistic about this.

Who would pay for the crap you offer? Nobody.

Who wants to see UTEP play Rice? ESPN has never televised that crap and never will.

Who wants to watch Marshall vs. SMU? NOBODY.

Who wants to see Memphis Basketball vs. UTEP. Not one person. Not even UTEP fans.

Your league is nothing. You have no value.

ESPN won't pay to televise that nonsense. You don't have one team worth television.

$2 million a year if you are lucky.

If it was my money. $400,000 a year is what CUSA would get.

Not one good game do you offer TV.
08-30-2004 07:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loboblast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Matt97 Wrote:Then why are you here "Lobo-a$$"????
To notice your feelings getting hurt!! 03-nutkick

[Image: 74877.gif]
08-30-2004 07:08 AM
MondoMiner Offline
Adelantado and Captain-General

I Root For: Los Mineros

RebelRobert Wrote:
Great news for CUSA.
CUSA-lite's value is NOTHING. You offer nothing to any network. You don't have one Football or Basketball conference game that is worth broadcasting once the conference changes are complete. All of the valuable money making CUSA entities have left.

Nobody wants to watch one CUSA-lite basketball game, not one matchup is interesting.

What Football game do you have that is worth anything? NONE

You are basically now the WAC/MAC combined together. That means your contract per year will be in the $1 million to $2 million range. You guys need to wake up and get realistic about this.

Who would pay for the crap you offer? Nobody.

Who wants to see UTEP play Rice? ESPN has never televised that crap and never will.

Who wants to watch Marshall vs. SMU? NOBODY.

Who wants to see Memphis Basketball vs. UTEP. Not one person. Not even UTEP fans.

Your league is nothing. You have no value.

ESPN won't pay to televise that nonsense. You don't have one team worth television.

$2 million a year if you are lucky.

If it was my money. $400,000 a year is what CUSA would get.

Not one good game do you offer TV.
That's right, nobody wants to see UTEP vs. Rice. However, people are beating down doors to see Wyoming play New Mexico. Luckily, all of us Mountain Worst fans will be able to watch this hot commodity by flipping to the Home Shopping Network, and wait for the College speed reading contest to finish before kickoff.

Well, at least now that TCU is in the Mountain Worst, you will be included in the BCS. Oh wait a minute, that didn't happen either, did it? Well, maybe it will happen soon, what with all this exposure you'll be getting on a network nobody's ever heard of, even within your own markets.
08-30-2004 07:47 AM
Loboblast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

MondoMiner Wrote:That's right, nobody wants to see UTEP vs. Rice. However, people are beating down doors to see Wyoming play New Mexico. Luckily, all of us Mountain Worst fans will be able to watch this hot commodity by flipping to the Home Shopping Network, and wait for the College speed reading contest to finish before kickoff.

Well, at least now that TCU is in the Mountain Worst, you will be included in the BCS. Oh wait a minute, that didn't happen either, did it? Well, maybe it will happen soon, what with all this exposure you'll be getting on a network nobody's ever heard of, even within your own markets.
At least the New Mexico vs Wyoming game in 2006 and beyond will be on TV, satelite radio and video-on demand many more times!!

How many times will UTEP and Rice be on TV with CUSAlite being the next confs to bend over for ESPN?? :rolltide:

08-30-2004 07:57 AM
Advertisement

PhDeac
Unregistered

Guys,

There are several ways you can look at the value of this deal as it relates to MWC...

One, yes, the money is good, but does that kind of payout help an organization that's more than likely already facing negative cash flow?

They are on a limited number of cable systems already...and keep in mind that the "deal" that got them on ComCast allows each individual cable system to decide whether it wants to carry CSTV...Some will certainly pick CSTV up...Others, (read Eastern time zone) may not.

What are the coaches to say to a recruit...They've gone from, "You'll be on ESPN." to "You'll be on CSTV." Patterson at TCU, who didn't seem to want to move to MWC has to be beside himself.

Currently, CSTV isn't in some of the markets that host MWC schools...And I don't see any way CSTV can ever guarantee that either.

I read in another article about CSTV that they are looking for other conferences. If that's true, no doubt they'll make a pitch to CUSA. I hope Banowsky doesn't take the deal. It's just too much of a risk right now.

GreenSteve.
08-30-2004 08:05 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Loboblast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

GreenSteve Wrote:They are on a limited number of cable systems already...and keep in mind that the "deal" that got them on ComCast allows each individual cable system to decide whether it wants to carry CSTV...Some will certainly pick CSTV up...Others, (read Eastern time zone) may not.

I read in another article about CSTV that they are looking for other conferences. If that's true, no doubt they'll make a pitch to CUSA. I hope Banowsky doesn't take the deal. It's just too much of a risk right now.

GreenSteve.
CSTV will most certainly be all over the MWC market/region by 2006. Eastern Time Zone?? Don't they already have the majority of huge TV markets now? Ofcourse they (CSTV) are going to be on the ETZ, if anything, much more there than the Mountain Region. The shear number of TV sets dictates that.

I hope CSTV DOES NOT sign another nonBCS conf!! If anything i hope they sign a BCS conf. It will legitamise CSTV more and will make MWC look that much beter for signing with them.

08-30-2004 08:20 AM
PhDeac
Unregistered

Quote:Don't they already have the majority of huge TV markets now?

Absolutely not. CSTV only reaches about 10 Million (and that's being generous) homes nationwide...and that includes their satellite distribution.

GS.
08-30-2004 08:43 AM
ccs178 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

GreenSteve Wrote:
Quote:Don't they already have the majority of huge TV markets now?

Absolutely not. CSTV only reaches about 10 Million (and that's being generous) homes nationwide...and that includes their satellite distribution.

GS.
Where ya been, Steve?
08-30-2004 09:13 AM
Advertisement

PhDeac
Unregistered

Quote:Where ya been, Steve?

Dodging hurricanse and tropical storms...

I'm back now...it's football season.

GS. 04-rock
08-30-2004 09:19 AM
Soaring Eagle Online
Veni, vidi, vici

I Root For: Southern Miss
CrappiesCrappies

Loboblast Wrote:
GreenSteve Wrote:They are on a limited number of cable systems already...and keep in mind that the "deal" that got them on ComCast allows each individual cable system to decide whether it wants to carry CSTV...Some will certainly pick CSTV up...Others, (read Eastern time zone) may not.

GreenSteve.
CSTV will most certainly be all over the MWC market/region by 2006. Eastern Time Zone?? Don't they already have the majority of huge TV markets now? Ofcourse they (CSTV) are going to be on the ETZ, if anything, much more there than the Mountain Region. The shear number of TV sets dictates that.

I hope CSTV DOES NOT sign another nonBCS conf!! If anything i hope they sign a BCS conf. It will legitamise CSTV more and will make MWC look that much beter for signing with them.

If its only available in the mountain regions how does that improve exposure? Even then it'll likely be some kind of payperview deal.

Until I turn on my TV and can flip to the CSTV channel your exposure it being hit big time.
08-30-2004 09:38 AM
eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches

Loboblast Wrote:No not obsessed at all, not after signing a fat contract that CUSA will never be able to come close to. It just cracks me up how many CUSA fans have so much envy and jealousy of how proactive MWC has been.
I have not yet found one post from a CUSA fan on this board that stated they were jealous about the mwc deal. What the vast majority of the post have focused on is the bad points of the deal (ie- lost exposure, almost zero exposure). What cracks me up is that a few loser posters that support schools from another conference come to this board, read the same aforementioned posts and come to the conclusion that the posters on THIS board that are fans of CUSA teams (this IS a CUSA board) are somehow jealous. You are obsessed, otherwise you would not be here spewing your delusional thoughts onto a CUSA board. Are you perhaps trying to convince yourself this was a good move? MWC gets more money than with ESPN. That point is very clear. Perhaps the member schools can use that extra money to help fund the media campaigns necessary to remind anyone that their team does still exist. Good luck with that and I would be obsessed with us too.
08-30-2004 10:34 AM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

eltigre Wrote:
Loboblast Wrote:No not obsessed at all, not after signing a fat contract that CUSA will never be able to come close to. It just cracks me up how many CUSA fans have so much envy and jealousy of how proactive MWC has been.
I have not yet found one post from a CUSA fan on this board that stated they were jealous about the mwc deal. What the vast majority of the post have focused on is the bad points of the deal (ie- lost exposure, almost zero exposure). What cracks me up is that a few loser posters that support schools from another conference come to this board, read the same aforementioned posts and come to the conclusion that the posters on THIS board that are fans of CUSA teams (this IS a CUSA board) are somehow jealous. You are obsessed, otherwise you would not be here spewing your delusional thoughts onto a CUSA board. Are you perhaps trying to convince yourself this was a good move? MWC gets more money than with ESPN. That point is very clear. Perhaps the member schools can use that extra money to help fund the media campaigns necessary to remind anyone that their team does still exist. Good luck with that and I would be obsessed with us too.
:own3d: 04-bow 04-bow :own3d:
08-30-2004 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.