Attendance: 21,991
09-15-2018 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: Attendance: 21,991
Hope the conference games have a better showing. I wasnt surprised by those numbers,,, hot hot , mid day and Tulane doesnt bring many folks to Birmingham.
09-16-2018 12:20 PM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

We are second in the league in attendance. UTSA is first with a home game against Baylor

Attached File(s)
.png  Attendance.PNG (Size: 46.01 KB / Downloads: 38)
09-16-2018 02:51 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

I stayed home because it was too hot. And heat doesn't really bother me that much.
09-17-2018 12:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

It was less than I hoped for, but not bad. No doubt the scorching heat kept some people away. I know there were people tailgating around us that stayed outside the stadium in the shade rather than going in.

But it seems like we've grown our core fanbase that is going to come regardless.
09-17-2018 08:43 AM
braves95 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-16-2018 02:51 PM)Steel Dragon Wrote:  We are second in the league in attendance. UTSA is first with a home game against Baylor

Thanks! I was just about to start looking up the conference's attendance numbers for the week.
09-17-2018 09:20 AM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Apparently it doesn't matter what our reported attendance is. Those out there have supposed pictures that make them think otherwise and allows them to single us out which is what really matters to them anyway.
09-17-2018 09:47 AM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

(09-17-2018 09:47 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Apparently it doesn't matter what our reported attendance is. Those out there have supposed pictures that make them think otherwise and allows them to single us out which is what really matters to them anyway.

My point is that we have a base around 22,000. Most of the teams INC USA and the Belt have stadiums around 20 to 25,000. We could have two sell out this year. Legion has camera issues etc. Our future is exciting.
09-17-2018 10:23 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I agree with you.

Wonder how 22,000 would look in a 45,000 seat stadium.
09-17-2018 10:46 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I wonder if 22,000 can hide from the sun in a 45,000 seat stadium
09-17-2018 10:53 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
FPI now has UAB as the 99th rated team and is projected to finish 7 and 5.1, which should yield an average season attendance of 24,786. That number is up 8.5% from last week's estimate of 22,851.

Obviously we've got a few games to go but that puts UAB at 24,558 average on the season. Pretty cool how close it's running with the projection.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018 11:15 AM by Auburn_Blazer.)
09-17-2018 11:13 AM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

With a little bit of assistance from Pillsbury, that 25,000 should be low end attendance the rest of the way. The Charlotte game should have a nice crowd & the UNT game is heading towards being a big crowd. USM game also should draw well.
09-17-2018 11:15 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(09-17-2018 12:38 AM)thebernreuter Wrote:  I stayed home because it was too hot. And heat doesn't really bother me that much.

I was born in the land of the ice and snow and I was there. Thought I would melt. But I'd walk through the fires of hell to deny Ray Watts the fruition of his evil plan.
09-17-2018 11:17 AM
grendelson138 Offline
Special Teams

As a fan base, I wish this would stop being a huge concern that is fretted over, worried about, incessantly questioned and argued about week in and week out.

Heck, if you ain't in the stadium making your own eyeball guesstimate, then you must not be that worried about it anyway...so please skip making four Facebook posts and multiple Blazertalk posts about it.

We cleared the hurdles to bring the team back...and we're always near the top of the conference in attendance. Why don't we fret over something else now? No reason to kick this hornet's next week in and week out after every single home game.

Dozens of people bringing it up week after week after week after week just feeds the powers that be, and it doesn't benefit the team or its fans in any way shape or form.

Just one man's opinion...
09-17-2018 11:26 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(09-17-2018 11:26 AM)grendelson138 Wrote:  As a fan base, I wish this would stop being a huge concern that is fretted over, worried about, incessantly questioned and argued about week in and week out.

Heck, if you ain't in the stadium making your own eyeball guesstimate, then you must not be that worried about it anyway...so please skip making four Facebook posts and multiple Blazertalk posts about it.

We cleared the hurdles to bring the team back...and we're always near the top of the conference in attendance. Why don't we fret over something else now? No reason to kick this hornet's next week in and week out after every single home game.

Dozens of people bringing it up week after week after week after week just feeds the powers that be, and it doesn't benefit the team or its fans in any way shape or form.

Just one man's opinion...

I personally find it interesting because of how versatile it is. I'm fine with not discussing it as a positive or negative, but I'm still going to try and track it. More fun to me is trying to predict it.
09-17-2018 11:39 AM
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

If you are under the age of 65 and in good health, I question your dedication to the program if you "stayed home because it was too hot."
I'll probably get blasted for posting this, but after what this program has gone through, and still knowing all eyes are on attendance, some of these keyboard warriors need to show up and put their butt in a seat.
I have sun burn, my sunglasses literally melted on the right side of my face, and my group did not move to the top in the shade, just to help make the seats look filled.

Rant over, go Blazers.
09-17-2018 12:06 PM
Advertisement

braves95 Offline
Water Engineer

I know Coach Clark has mentioned hoping to pull the Alabama/Auburn fans.

FWIW Alabama plays a non-conference game at 11:00 a.m. and Auburn plays Southern Miss at 3:00 on the 29th (just announced UAB will kick at 6:00). Hopefully this helps attendance some as well.
09-17-2018 01:09 PM
biglizard Online
All American

I Root For:
I'm a middle age guy that sat in the club section and it still was one of the more uncomfortable games I've ever been to. The people sitting in the sun deserve free melanoma screenings for life and a Ray Watts punching bag for their tenacity
09-17-2018 01:24 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
We should not be playing any games at 12 no matter when the SEC cheats play. Just play them at night until October. I saw two Gump ball caps and one Auburn shirt so I didn't notice any big influx of fans. I did notice many regulars NOT there due to youth sports and what several on FB, Twitter, and my own family mentioned was the heat.

Yea we are playing at 6 which is good and its because the other two played early. In September i just cant see us gaining that big an advantage due to the extreme heat. End of the year we should be on the road Iron Bowl week or play Thursday - Friday. That is the one that hurts attendance because we have many of our own with divided loyalties and still want to poke fun at the loser or even care about watching two cheating programs play. I won't be watching.

+1 pavy 78 all though I can understand with small kids or an infant not going in that heat. bad enough to pay for an infant's seat and then you cook him or her.

BTW I hope all those that were carted off are ok today. That is the most I have ever seen taken away to the hospital at at UAB game.
09-17-2018 01:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-17-2018 12:06 PM)Pavy78 Wrote:  If you are under the age of 65 and in good health, I question your dedication to the program if you "stayed home because it was too hot."
I'll probably get blasted for posting this, but after what this program has gone through, and still knowing all eyes are on attendance, some of these keyboard warriors need to show up and put their butt in a seat.
I have sun burn, my sunglasses literally melted on the right side of my face, and my group did not move to the top in the shade, just to help make the seats look filled.

Rant over, go Blazers.

I was there, but no way I was bringing my 11 month old child to bake in that heat. Since I couldn't exactly just leave her at the house, that meant my wife couldn't come either. So 3 paid for tickets becomes one in attendance. I had found a home for the two I wasnt using, but they cancelled because it was too hot.
Multiply that by a couple of thousand to get an idea of how ADASMOCMI's* scheduling philosophy affects our attendance.

The 6pm kick for the next home game is great news, but likely to be a "broken clock is right twice a day" situation.

Come November when we would rather be playing during the day, I look forward to keeping warm with my fellow diehards as we freeze our asses off for 6:30 night games against UTSA and USM.

ADASMOCMI = Athletic Director And Smartest Man On Campus Mark Ingram
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018 02:22 PM by BlazerMatt.)
09-17-2018 02:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.