Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ECU 17 - (19) West Virginia 14
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals

Maybe ECU can beat West Virginia after all... from my NCAA 2K5 dynasty...

----

MORGANTOWN, WV -- In a stunner to open the season, the Pirates(1-0, 0-0) rallied from a 14-0 second quarter deficit to turn away the favoRED Mountaineers in Morgantown.

QB James Pinkney (7-22-254) tossed TD passes to Sakeen Wright (39 yards), and Demarcus Fox (41 yards) to erase a second half 14-3 West Virginia lead.

Box Score

[code:1]
               1  2 3 4   T
Pirates -      0  3 7 7  17
West Virgina - 0 14 0 0  14
[/code:1]
08-07-2004 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

Wake Forest - 21
East Carolina - 28

GREENVILLE - James Pinkney connected with Demarcus Fox with :17 left to lift the Pirates over the Deacs in a non-conference game.

Wake Forest tied the score at 21-21 with :42 left in the game, but two plays and two Pinkney passes later, the Pirates scored the game winner.

Pinkney(9-19-277) first connected with Sakeen Wright for a 41-yard pass play, then tossed the game-winning strike to Fox.
08-07-2004 03:03 PM
PurplePeopleEater Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina

DonatorsNCAAbbs LUG

MongoSlade Wrote:Wake Forest - 21
East Carolina - 28

GREENVILLE - James Pinkney connected with Demarcus Fox with :17 left to lift the Pirates over the Deacs in a non-conference game.

Wake Forest tied the score at 21-21 with :42 left in the game, but two plays and two Pinkney passes later, the Pirates scored the game winner.

Pinkney(9-19-277) first connected with Sakeem Wright for a 41-yard pass play, then tossed the game-winning strike to Fox.
That isn't Sakeem.
08-07-2004 03:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Interesting scores. I think the score into the 20's will b e closer to actual score IMO.

Has anyone playe out our own schedule to how we will do?

*** :wave: I plan to do a USAToday /MY line thing for the mail boards ....We could throw in the XBX/PS2/GC lines are well !!!!
08-08-2004 02:00 PM
1st String

DonatorsNCAAbbs LUG

I simmed it twice... went 5-6 the first time, 2-9 the second time.
08-08-2004 03:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1st String

DonatorsNCAAbbs LUG

Furthermore...

I simmed three seasons with Richmond (doing the recruiting and stuff, then simming the season), and ECU went:

Year 1 - record of 7-5, beating UCF in the GMAC bowl
Year 2 - record of 7-5, beating someone else in the GMAC bowl
Year 3 - record of 8-4, blowing out Central Michigan in a different bowl

Hey, when you've gone 1-11, you'll take whatever sign of optimism available. :)
08-08-2004 09:06 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

LOL....how did you do last season w/ NCAA 2K4? This will let me know how much stock to put into these predictions.
08-08-2004 09:29 PM
1st String

DonatorsNCAAbbs LUG

Playing with ECU, I did great (Liberty Bowl championship my first season, got them into the SEC the 2nd season, national title by year three).

Simming it on 2004? Seems like we normally sucked the first season, and then would always lose in the 2nd and 3rd years in the New Orleans bowl to North Texas (2004 loved it some UNT).
08-08-2004 10:10 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

At Greenville:

Cincinnati - 14
East Carolina - 19

Marvin Townes - 31 carries, 261 yards

--

At Louisville:

East Carolina - 27
#11 Louisville - 7

---

Despite defeating the #19 and #11 ranked teams on the road, and starting the season 4-0, East Carolina is ranked #50.
08-08-2004 10:34 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

MongoSlade Wrote:--

At Louisville:

East Carolina - 27
#11 Louisville - 7

---
Louisville was #11? Wow, they must be getting that moving to a BCS conference bounce (even in virtual reality). 03-pissed

Hey Mongo, so how did your real teams do? Who is your team of choice this season (you may have to go out of state this time around to find your bandwagon to jump on)?

:ecu:
08-09-2004 10:09 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

GrayBeard Wrote:Hey Mongo, so how did your real teams do? Who is your team of choice this season (you may have to go out of state this time around to find your bandwagon to jump on)?

You mean how did my real teams do in the EA game...?

I've run 2 dynasty seasons so far prior to the ECU season, one with Vandy, the other with Wake Forest:

- In the Vandy dynasty, Carolina and Duke sucked. Vandy finished 5-6. Shoulda been 6-5 with a bowl appearance, but my wideout fumbled the mf'in football at the 2-yard line in the 2OT vs. Tennessee. :bang:

- In the Wake dynasty, Carolina and Duke sucked. Wake was 9-2 in the regular season, including wins over FSU and Miami. Finished 10-2 with a 30-0 blowout over West Virginia.

As for my bandwagon of choice this season, I purchased season tix for Duke (cheap, plus I can see Maryland, Virginia, Clemson, and hopefully John Bunting's last season at Carolina -- can't beat good value like that).

I'm also planning on seeing an Elon game (vs. Western Carolina).

Speaking of "out-of-state".. I have an eye out on that Vandy bandwagon for next season, as I plan to make a trip back "home" to see a game in Nashville...

---

Back to my ECU dynasty...

I'm more stunned that ECU isn't at least #30 at this point, but I suspect that has to do with the fact that:
1) ECU's a ** (2-star) outfit, and
2) None of the games have been televised

IIRC, Memphis is ranked, Southern Miss is number #10 currently (WTF!!?), and NC State is ranked, so if I can get some TV expo, I'll have the Pirates in the top-15 by season's end...
08-09-2004 10:55 AM
Advertisement

1st String

DonatorsNCAAbbs LUG

My 2nd time around with ECU (added a few freshmen to the roster b/c it's much tougher to recruit this time around), I went 10-2 and barely broke the 30's with the ranking.

Are you actually playing the games for Vandy, or just simming them like I tend to do (I play all the games for my ECU dynasties, but sim everything else).

I'm thinking of taking a really, really bad team and playing all of their games... just have to get used to the idea of never winning the first year or two.
08-09-2004 11:40 AM
1st String

DonatorsNCAAbbs LUG

AH HA! And that was post #800. w00t
08-09-2004 11:40 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

PurplePeopleEater Wrote:AH HA! And that was post #800. w00t
Congratulations!

I am closing in on 1,500. I wonder if I get another little block for that? :ecu:
08-09-2004 11:45 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

GrayBeard Wrote:
PurplePeopleEater Wrote:AH HA!  And that was post #800.  w00t
Congratulations!

I am closing in on 1,500. I wonder if I get another little block for that? :ecu:
Nope, darn it! I want some more little blocks!

Quote:3.18 What are the different user levels?
Posts        Rank
1-99        Water Engineer
100-249      Bench Warmer
250-499      2nd String
500-999      Special Teams
1000-2499    1st String
2500-4999    All-American
5000-9999    Heisman
10000+      Hall of Fame
08-09-2004 11:47 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

PurplePeopleEater Wrote:Are you actually playing the games for Vandy, or just simming them like I tend to do (I play all the games for my ECU dynasties, but sim everything else).
I played the games for both Vandy and Wake Forest...

I reckon if I simmed the Vandy dynasty, they would have finished no better than 3-8. Surprisingly, in that Vandy dynasty, Wake Forest finished 2nd in the ACC and beat Rutgers (yes, that Rutgers) in the Gator Bowl...

My partner over at SouthernPigskin played a Florida State dynasty and Wake Forest won the ACC title. They must really love the Deacs at EASports...
08-09-2004 12:12 PM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

Latest game...

Tulane - 31
East Carolina - 41

---

James Pinkney finished 8-13 for 219 yard passing and 2 TDs.

I am just a tad concerned about the Pirate's pass defense, especially the pass rush which I have none of, unless I blitz.

East Carolina is 5-0 (3-0) and next face #6 Southern Miss (in Hattiesburg). What the heck kinda bizarro world is this game producing..? Southern Miss, ranked #6...?
08-12-2004 08:14 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

MongoSlade Wrote:East Carolina is 5-0 (3-0) and next face #6 Southern Miss (in Hattiesburg). What the heck kinda bizarro world is this game producing..? Southern Miss, ranked #6...?
On my first dynasty(Playing UH) season USM went undefeated and was in the BcS championship game. USM's defense was tough!!! I couldn't run, pass or anythinh.
08-12-2004 08:38 AM
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

Crappies

MongoSlade Wrote:James Pickney finished 8-13 for 219 yard passing and 2 TDs.
FTR, the ECU starting QB is named James PINKNEY, not "Pickney"....

...wouldn't expect a TarHeel/Wolfpack/ACC/SoCon/Vandy/Duke (what are you these days?) fan to know that anyway, I guess.... :rolleyes:
08-12-2004 09:25 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

uhmump95 Wrote:
MongoSlade Wrote:East Carolina is 5-0 (3-0) and next face #6 Southern Miss (in Hattiesburg).  What the heck kinda bizarro world is this game producing..?  Southern Miss, ranked #6...?
On my first dynasty(Playing UH) season USM went undefeated and was in the BcS championship game. USM's defense was tough!!! I couldn't run, pass or anythinh.
That's not a good sign for me, especially since I adjusted the AI settings, after the Louisville game, to favor the computer's defense.

:eek:
08-12-2004 10:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.