Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A Tolerant Liberal Recommended Ben Shapiro; He Is Now Pleading For Forgiveness
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
A Tolerant Liberal Recommended Ben Shapiro; He Is Now Pleading For Forgiveness
[Image: DibCbIJV4AAwYjS.jpg]

[Image: DieT-BlVsAADREs.jpg:large]

Quote:'Mindy Project' star Mark Duplass apologizes for tweet endorsing Ben Shapiro

Liberal actor Mark Duplass was shamed into deleting a tweet and issuing an apology after he praised Jewish conservative pundit Ben Shapiro as a “genuine person.”

In a now deleted tweet, Mr. Duplass, whose credits include “The League,” “The Mindy Project” and “Goliath,” suggested that liberals interested in keeping an open mind about politics should follow Mr. Shapiro.

“Fellow liberals: If you are interested at all in ‘crossing the aisle’ you should consider following @benshapiro,” he wrote. “I don’t agree with him on much but he’s a genuine person who once helped me for no other reason than to be nice. He doesn’t bend the truth. His intentions are good.”

The tweet triggered a wave of backlash from liberals, prompting Mr. Duplass to delete the tweet and issue a groveling apology for not being more “diligent and careful.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...s-tweet-e/
07-19-2018 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
RE: A Tolerant Liberal Recommended Ben Shapiro; He Is Now Pleading For Forgiveness
The left is so scarily intolerant these days.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2018 11:39 AM by Jugnaut.)
07-19-2018 11:37 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: A Tolerant Liberal Recommended Ben Shapiro; He Is Now Pleading For Forgiveness
(07-19-2018 11:34 AM)Kronke Wrote:  [Image: DibCbIJV4AAwYjS.jpg]

[Image: DieT-BlVsAADREs.jpg:large]

Quote:'Mindy Project' star Mark Duplass apologizes for tweet endorsing Ben Shapiro

Liberal actor Mark Duplass was shamed into deleting a tweet and issuing an apology after he praised Jewish conservative pundit Ben Shapiro as a “genuine person.”

In a now deleted tweet, Mr. Duplass, whose credits include “The League,” “The Mindy Project” and “Goliath,” suggested that liberals interested in keeping an open mind about politics should follow Mr. Shapiro.

“Fellow liberals: If you are interested at all in ‘crossing the aisle’ you should consider following @benshapiro,” he wrote. “I don’t agree with him on much but he’s a genuine person who once helped me for no other reason than to be nice. He doesn’t bend the truth. His intentions are good.”

The tweet triggered a wave of backlash from liberals, prompting Mr. Duplass to delete the tweet and issue a groveling apology for not being more “diligent and careful.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...s-tweet-e/

Who?
07-19-2018 11:49 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
[Image: 539w.jpg]
07-19-2018 11:50 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(07-19-2018 11:49 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  Who?

Mark Duplass.

Ignorance is not an argument.
07-19-2018 11:51 AM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
He didn't need a telescope to see that one coming.
07-19-2018 12:04 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(07-19-2018 11:37 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  The left is so scarily intolerant these days.

You know who else was intolerant?
07-19-2018 12:14 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
They continue to eat their own. It's great, really.

They fight against intolerance (because YOU'RE wrong), while being intolerant (because THEY'RE right).

Of course, if you could ever get someone to engage in honest discussion and ask what they base their "rightness" on, they don't have a philosophically sound answer.

Which may be why they won't engage in honest discussion in the first place.
07-19-2018 12:17 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Can someone knock on the libturds door, ask them to take a break from their circlejerk, and particpate in this thread?
07-19-2018 12:19 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
It's funny my MIL will ask how it was growing up in the racist south then three minutes later will say something way more racist I heard growing up. I've called her out and her defense has been I'm not racist because I vote Democrat.

My wife has a cousin that'll say stuff like apparently I wasn't educted well enough since I supported Trump. Nice girl but that stuff drives me nuts.
07-19-2018 12:21 PM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
Shapiro on his show today:

07-19-2018 12:22 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(07-19-2018 12:19 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Can someone knock on the libturds door, ask them to take a break from their circlejerk, and particpate in this thread?

They're waiting on new talking points so they all can start a thread on it separately.
07-19-2018 12:23 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-19-2018 11:51 AM)Kronke Wrote:  
(07-19-2018 11:49 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  Who?

Mark Duplass.

Ignorance is not an argument.

Yeah, that’s the point they’re making to him.
07-19-2018 12:35 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Remember a month or so ago when one of the Twitter higher ups sent out a Tweet that he enjoyed his lunch at Chick-Fil-A ? Remember what the left did to him ? Called for him to commit suicide, threatened his family, threatened his safety, etc...

Remember what the left did to that adult film star when she said she did not want to do scenes with gay men ? They harassed her until she killed herself.

Now contrast that with libertarian/conservatives. It's not only 180 degrees different, it is so damn different that a degree can't even be assigned to it to make the analogy.

I have said it before and I will say here again: Liberalism is the Nazism of the 21st Century.
07-19-2018 12:41 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-19-2018 12:23 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(07-19-2018 12:19 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Can someone knock on the libturds door, ask them to take a break from their circlejerk, and particpate in this thread?

They're waiting on new talking points so they all can start a thread on it separately.

I don’t really comment on people who I don’t have a good working knowledge on their work or any controversy surrounding them. Maybe it’s cause I don’t have any active social media, and don’t really read outrage rags, but I’m really unaware of Shapiro as a whole except that he’s maligned on the left along similar lines of Jordan Peterson.

As for an actor deleting a tweet, isn’t that like half of what twitter is at this point? Someone says something that upsets enough of their user base that they apologize and delete their tweet? Im not particularly upset over country music fans pressuring an artist to delete a liberal leaning tweet, if I were even made aware of that happening, so I guess I genuinely do not grasp the supposed outrage here.
07-19-2018 12:41 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(07-19-2018 12:21 PM)gdunn Wrote:  My wife has a cousin that'll say stuff like apparently I wasn't educted well enough since I supported Trump.

And that right there is what helped get Trump elected. That overt arrogance and conceitedness drove most of the late deciding voters over to Trump.

They didn't like Trump but to many of them, it was their way of teaching snotty and rude know-it-alls a lesson.
07-19-2018 12:43 PM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(07-19-2018 12:17 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  They fight against intolerance (because YOU'RE wrong), while being intolerant (because THEY'RE right).

It is straight out of Animal Farm:

Remember, in Animal Farm, all animals are equal. However, some animals are more equal than others.
07-19-2018 12:46 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-19-2018 12:41 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Now contrast that with libertarian/conservatives. It's not only 180 degrees different, it is so damn different that a degree can't even be assigned to it to make the analogy

Except for the people hounding sandy hook parents and Parkland survivors as crisis actors, among a multitude of other examples. No, social media nastiness does not only exist on one end of the political spectrum, and if you want your opinions to be taken seriously, you need to try to have a little more objectivity.
07-19-2018 12:48 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(07-19-2018 12:43 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  
(07-19-2018 12:21 PM)gdunn Wrote:  My wife has a cousin that'll say stuff like apparently I wasn't educted well enough since I supported Trump.

And that right there is what helped get Trump elected. That overt arrogance and conceitedness drove most of the late deciding voters over to Trump.

They didn't like Trump but to many of them, it was their way of teaching snotty and rude know-it-alls a lesson.

The funniest was at Thanksgiving she found out I had been scouting deer and hunting bear. And the comments she made about me being a killer was funny. Then when we talked about what they did to celebrate she was talking about the Turkey and all this meat they had. I giggled. She said what's so funny. Told her that when I kill an animal it's quick and they don't suffer, plus I healthier because it had eaten off the land, no steroids or antibiotics. Whereas she probably ate food that was fattened quicker and in essence killed in a cruel manner that would make her clutch her pearls.

She has stated from then on we shouldn't discuss politics or anything. Just family and sports.
07-19-2018 12:51 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(07-19-2018 12:51 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(07-19-2018 12:43 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  

The funniest was at Thanksgiving she found out I had been scouting deer and hunting bear. And the comments she made about me being a killer was funny. Then when we talked about what they did to celebrate she was talking about the Turkey and all this meat they had. I giggled. She said what's so funny. Told her that when I kill an animal it's quick and they don't suffer, plus I healthier because it had eaten off the land, no steroids or antibiotics. Whereas she probably ate food that was fattened quicker and in essence killed in a cruel manner that would make her clutch her pearls.

She has stated from then on we shouldn't discuss politics or anything. Just family and sports.

Yea, I'm pretty damn glad that I don't have any folks then, lol.....My Thanksgiving: sleep in, go to the gym, work out, watch some football, head home and sleep some more....
07-19-2018 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.