Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Georgia loses starting RB for Marshall game
Bookmark and Share
Rob T
Unregistered

Georgia loses Ware to bruised lung

By CHARLES ODUM, Associated Press Writer
September 12, 2004
ATLANTA (AP) -- Freshman tailback Danny Ware will miss at least one game for No. 3 Georgia after tests showed he suffered a bruised lung against South Carolina.

Coach Mark Richt said Sunday that while Ware won't be able to play next week against Marshall, he should be ready for LSU on Oct. 2.

Ware rushed for 135 yards and three touchdowns in Georgia's season-opening win over Georgia Southern, but was held out Saturday after he coughed up blood on the sideline in the second quarter of the Bulldogs' 20-16 win.

With Ware limited to eight carries for 41 yards, Michael Cooper and Tyson Browning combined for 115 yards rushing. Another option at tailback against Marshall is Tony Milton, who spent the last week working at fullback. Fullback Jeremy Thomas returns from a two-game suspension this week, allowing Milton to move back to tailback.

Ware moved into the starting role after Kregg Lumpkin was lost for the season to a knee injury on the first day of practice.

Richt has options, but no definite answer, at tailback. As for a starter, Richt said, ``I don't know. That's a good question. Right off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you.''

Ware will be held out of any exercise while the bruised lung heals, so he may need some time to work back into playing form when he is cleared by doctors.

Georgia (2-0) has an off week after the Marshall game.

Cooper, who led Georgia in rushing in 2003, rushed for 61 yards on 13 carries Saturday. Browning added 54 yards on 11 carries. Another option is freshman Thomas Brown, who missed the South Carolina game with a hamstring injury.
09-13-2004 12:22 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

prettyricky Offline
The Peoples Champ

I Root For: Da Coog's

I live in Georgia ... and while I never want to see a kid get hurt, it's good something happened to stop these fools down here from calling Danny Ware the next Hershel Walker. I mean damn he got a 100 yards against the 1-aa school down the street.

He wasn't even the best high school back last year, Darius Walker was. His first SEC game and they broke his chest!!!!! He hasn't even played against the good SEC defenses yet. Ya'll really should beat Georgia, please beat Georgia, I can't take this ridicilous Georgia hype.
09-14-2004 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rob T
Unregistered

We can hang with Georgia...and I think they will be surprised when they see us in action.
09-14-2004 08:45 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.