Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Humboldt State to drop football
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
Humboldt State to drop football
07-17-2018 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Humboldt State to drop football
Smart move.
07-17-2018 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nerdlinger Offline
Realignment Enthusiast

I Root For: Realignment!
Well, there goes what I assume was a DavidSt FCS/FBS prediction.
07-17-2018 04:38 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
That is sad
07-17-2018 04:44 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
That puts the GNAC in a tight spot--how do you do football with 4 schools? Triple round robin?
07-17-2018 05:22 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
Daveyboyst said they were going D1.
07-17-2018 05:26 PM
Advertisement

chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
You also have to wonder if this is the end of GNAC football - all that is left is Simon Fraser, Central Washington, Western Oregon, and Azusa Pacific.

Azusa Pacific is probably the only realistic Division I candidate and would be a lock for a Big Sky affiliate (if not full member) given their location.

Central Washington needs to add sports to get up to the Division I minimum, even with football, despite having an enrollment similar to FCS schools.

Western Oregon doesn’t have enough students to make the jump, and would still need one sport.

Simon Fraser is in Canada, so Division I is a non-starter.

The other option is to become the western division of the RMAC.
07-17-2018 05:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(07-17-2018 04:38 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  Well, there goes what I assume was a DavidSt FCS/FBS prediction.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-846970-post-15...id15309077
Quote:The problem is I look into the future, not all at one time. That is why I am concentrating on Tarleton State to the WAC right now to help stabalized the conference. Nobody from the Big Sky, Summit or the Southland want to move to the WAC seeing the state of Chicago State and UMKC, and the wandering eyes of New Mexico State, Seattle and Grand Canyon U. WAC needs to be stabalized which means inviting any D2 schools that are ready to move to D1 for a long term goals. Even if WAC calls up more California, GNAC, RMAC and Lone Star schools? You need some pieces as well. WAC could be the home for some schools from the Rockies to the west coast to get a foothold into D1, and then do some trading schools around. Big Sky wants football schools. They do not want rejects from the WAC. WAC could be the home for schools like Humboldt State, Azusa Pacific, Dixie State, Western Oregon, Simon Fraser, Central Washington, Colorado Mesa and CSU-Puebloe.

Quote:I am looking at Humboldt State and Azusa Pacific to give UC-Davis, Cal. Poly and Sacramento State as ease of financial issues for football. It would give the D2 schools some opponents closer to them to play.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-848738-post-15...id15271345
Quote:The problem with Azusa Pacific, Dixie State, Humboldt State, Central Washington, Western Oregon and Simon Fraser is that there are not enough football playing members at their level. Moving them to D1 would give them more teams to play with. Washington and Washington State can't play Central Washington. Azusa Pacific can't play UCLA and the other FBS California schools. Dixie State can't play Utah, Utah State or BYU in football. I think the fans will turn out when you do play more local teams.

Among other posts.

But in fairness to the main, he never promoted them for FBS.
07-17-2018 05:30 PM
seaking4steel Offline
1st String

I Root For: Penn St, App St
Sucks after all of the effort to save their season last year.
07-17-2018 05:39 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
(07-17-2018 05:26 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Daveyboyst said they were going D1.

Well maybe if Bill Gates could donate money to save the program, they could be D1.
07-17-2018 06:26 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
The Big Sky commish moves to the CFP Chief Operating Officer.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2018/7/17/gen...s-coo.aspx

Guess she avoided a move to Sioux Falls, where the Summit League HQ relocated.

She was always about FBS, and this move proves it.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2018 07:32 PM by NoDak.)
07-17-2018 06:42 PM
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2018 06:26 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  

Well maybe if Bill Gates could donate money to save the program, they could be D1.

Jeff Bezos will fund it if they change their name to the Humboldt State Amazons
07-17-2018 06:42 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(07-17-2018 06:42 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  
(07-17-2018 06:26 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  

Jeff Bezos will fund it if they change their name to the Humboldt State Amazons

They wouldn't accept it. They're Humboldt folks without temptations.
07-17-2018 06:44 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

CWU’s President was quoted on Twitter that they have a DI invite for 2020. He wants facility upgrades before then. The Big Sky will split, and these words will cause all kinds of enraged posters. CWU, Azusa Pacific, and Dixie St would be the top candidates to rebuild. Simon Fraser could get in if the NCAA allows foreign schools to move to DI. They have almost stayed 8 yrs in DII.

Arcata has bad travel connections and limited financial ability except if the cannabis growers chip it.

Humboldt St should start lax, as there is competition in CA. They would have had to move to DIII or NAIA to keep football.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2018 07:34 PM by NoDak.)
07-17-2018 06:51 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2018 06:51 PM)NoDak Wrote:  EWU’s President was quoted on Twitter that they have a DI invite for 2020. He wants facility upgrades before then. The Big Sky will split, and these words will cause all kinds of enraged posters. EWU, Azusa Pacific, and Dixie St would be the top candidates to rebuild. Simon Fraser could get in if the NCAA allows foreign schools to move to DI. They have almost stayed 8 yrs in DII.

Arcata has bad travel connections and limited financial ability except if the cannabis growers chip it.

Humboldt St should start lax, as there is competition in CA. They would have had to move to DIII or NAIA to keep football.

03-rotfl03-rotfl03-rotfl03-rotfl03-rotfl

EWU is already in the Big Sky Division I. Why would they need another invite?

Can you link to the EWU's President's tweet?
07-17-2018 07:01 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

(07-17-2018 07:01 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  
(07-17-2018 06:51 PM)NoDak Wrote:  EWU’s President was quoted on Twitter that they have a DI invite for 2020. He wants facility upgrades before then. The Big Sky will split, and these words will cause all kinds of enraged posters. EWU, Azusa Pacific, and Dixie St would be the top candidates to rebuild. Simon Fraser could get in if the NCAA allows foreign schools to move to DI. They have almost stayed 8 yrs in DII.

Obviously meant CWU.
07-17-2018 07:13 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(07-17-2018 05:27 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  You also have to wonder if this is the end of GNAC football - all that is left is Simon Fraser, Central Washington, Western Oregon, and Azusa Pacific.

Azusa Pacific is probably the only realistic Division I candidate and would be a lock for a Big Sky affiliate (if not full member) given their location.

Central Washington needs to add sports to get up to the Division I minimum, even with football, despite having an enrollment similar to FCS schools.

Western Oregon doesn’t have enough students to make the jump, and would still need one sport.

Simon Fraser is in Canada, so Division I is a non-starter.

The other option is to become the western division of the RMAC.

It was only a matter of time. They were the last Division II California state school.
07-17-2018 07:29 PM
NoQuestion Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MSU
What a great day for the Great North Conference. The BSC Commish leaves and Humboldt drops football. I think that is part 10d of the master plan.
07-17-2018 07:43 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Maybe if the hypothetical State of Jefferson breaks off from the rest of California one day they'll be the flagship of the new university system, get their funding back, and wind up in the Pac-12!!!!!!
07-17-2018 08:16 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2018 07:13 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(07-17-2018 07:01 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  

Obviously meant CWU.

Care to share the CWU's tweet? And any evidence that this is more than a wish on his part?

Sure, NAU's President can tweet that she wants the Lumberjacks in the Pac-12, and is working to ready the school for that, doesn't mean it will ever happen
07-17-2018 08:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.