Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Huff, Memphis' defense shine in second scrimmage
Bookmark and Share
Beat Everybody Offline
Banned

I Root For: Those Tigers!
Huff, Memphis' defense shine in second scrimmage
Sounds about right at this time of the year. The defense needs to keep it up and the offense needs to get better at what they're doing. It's spring. Neither unit are by any means a finished product. Now let's see how the OL comes back after getting it handed to them by the D.

From the CA:

If there has been one weakness with Memphis' defenses since Mike Norvell arrived two years ago, it's been not being able to develop a consistent pass rush.

That's something the defense has worked to improve this spring, and during the Tigers' first full-length scrimmage Saturday at the Liberty Bowl, there were glimpses of what the unit hopes to do.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/s...468451002/
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2018 10:48 AM by SigEpMike.)
04-01-2018 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
RE: Huff, Memphis' defense shine in second scrimmage
Par for the course
04-01-2018 09:16 AM
tigertrails Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
The unsteady QB situation is kind of alarming. Thought the Ariz St transfer would be much better.
04-01-2018 09:38 AM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Huff has worked extremely hard.
04-01-2018 10:13 AM
Advertisement

tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
When you posted the article about linebackers just recently, i said i was expecting bryce huff to make more on an impact this year. I think he will become a team leader soon.

I hope the qb position gets worked out. I will be slightly surprised if david moore holds on to the position. He had some good moments last year, but he had some not so good moments too. His wheels looked good, but his passing and decision making was questionable. It's been reported recently that passing was his real strength coming into this year. We will see.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2018 11:24 AM by tmoneyinmphs.)
04-01-2018 11:19 AM
Newton card Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ncaa
(04-01-2018 11:19 AM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  When you posted the article about linebackers just recently, i said i was expecting bryce huff to make more on an impact this year. I think he will become a team leader soon.

I hope the qb position gets worked out. I will be slightly surprised if david moore holds on to the position. He had some good moments last year, but he had some not so good moments too. His wheels looked good, but his passing and decision making was questionable. It's been reported recently that passing was his real strength coming into this year. We will see.

Why in the world would you say his decision making is questionable? David Moore is going to be very good. He has without question the strongest arm and unbelievable upside. Give him some experience and we will be talking the same about him, as we were when Riley replaced Lynch
04-01-2018 11:38 AM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

(04-01-2018 11:38 AM)Newton card Wrote:  
(04-01-2018 11:19 AM)tmoneyinmphs Wrote:  When you posted the article about linebackers just recently, i said i was expecting bryce huff to make more on an impact this year. I think he will become a team leader soon.

Why in the world would you say his decision making is questionable? David Moore is going to be very good. He has without question the strongest arm and unbelievable upside. Give him some experience and we will be talking the same about him, as we were when Riley replaced Lynch

I was going on what i saw from him in mop up duty for ferguson plus the spring game last year.

The other qb in the spring game last year was brady davis. It was his 2nd spring game and he showed no improvement. Still making bad decisions. Honestly, i figured he might transfer.

If i remember right, connor adair was being talked about favorably by the coaching staff last year during spring scrimmages.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2018 11:54 AM by tmoneyinmphs.)
04-01-2018 11:52 AM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

(04-01-2018 09:38 AM)tigertrails Wrote:  The unsteady QB situation is kind of alarming. Thought the Ariz St transfer would be much better.

The smart move is to make a confident evaluation in March and go into full psycho mode.
04-01-2018 11:56 AM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-01-2018 11:56 AM)Stammers Wrote:  
(04-01-2018 09:38 AM)tigertrails Wrote:  The unsteady QB situation is kind of alarming. Thought the Ariz St transfer would be much better.

The smart move is to make a confident evaluation in March and go into full psycho mode.

Couldn't have said it any better.
04-01-2018 02:45 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
How is Brady Davis doing in the q,b. race
04-01-2018 08:07 PM
Advertisement

BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-01-2018 08:07 PM)memphisike Wrote:  How is Brady Davis doing in the q,b. race

Brady throwing ball very well, looks like he is healed up. Might surprise, could be a three way race05-stirthepot
04-01-2018 09:11 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
Good stuff thanks
04-01-2018 10:37 PM
Beat Everybody Offline
Banned

I Root For: Those Tigers!

Just means we have a QB battle going on. The coaches have to also determine a batting order too. It's a long season and they, the coaches, gotta get it right.
04-02-2018 01:02 PM
Advertisement

midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

lol
04-02-2018 02:11 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Word on the corner, Brady will be starter, the Dude can go deep
04-02-2018 06:59 PM
tigerblu Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Brady all the way.
04-03-2018 10:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.