Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Coaching Changes in Men's Basketball
Bookmark and Share
Dukes84 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
Hearing that Sanchez of UVA could be moving on....may have happened since I heard about it on my lunch break.
03-19-2018 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dukes84 Offline
All American

RE: OT: Coaching Changes in Men's Basketball
Sanchez to Charlotte and Hardaway to Memphis. Had heard that Sanchez would either go to Charlotte or Pitt.
03-19-2018 03:59 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Coaches convention is at the Final 4 each year and serves as a convenient time for a lot of AD's, agents, and of course coaches to assemble in the same place to conduct interviews, discuss contracts, etc. Not always of course, but usually it is about that time or soon there after when we see the most rapid pace of dominoes falling.
03-19-2018 05:04 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Looks like URI Head man, Dan Hurley, is being pursued by both UConn and Pitt. Internet reports advise Hurley leans toward Storrs. Stay tuned...

(Pitt has 9 guys looking to transfer out of the program and they play in the toughest conference in the nation...good luck to whoever takes that job)
03-19-2018 06:51 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2018 06:51 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Looks like URI Head man, Dan Hurley, is being pursued by both UConn and Pitt. Internet reports advise Hurley leans toward Storrs. Stay tuned...

(Pitt has 9 guys looking to transfer out of the program and they play in the toughest conference in the nation...good luck to whoever takes that job)

And this was on top of 5 players transferring (plus another dismissed ) that were on their 2016-2017 roster. Serious issues there, but someone will accept the challenge.
03-19-2018 08:24 PM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

JMU with ties to both Sanchez and Hurley, of course.
03-19-2018 08:51 PM
Advertisement

NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
(03-19-2018 08:51 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  JMU with ties to both Sanchez and Hurley, of course.

You mean that they were both talked about as JMU head coaches? How far along did Hurley ever get? Was he interviewed for the JMU job prior to Matt Brady being hired? The time frame doesn't really line up- Danny Hurley wasn't a head coach at D1 until 2010 with Wagner (replacing Mike Deane I believe). He was a high school coach in NJ before then so I doubt a Virginia D1 school would have considered him.
03-20-2018 07:00 AM
Dukeman2 Offline
Special Teams

Any disclosure on Sanchez's comp package at UNCC?

Just wondering what the delta is now between them and JMU.
03-20-2018 07:14 AM
H.U.S.T.L.E. Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: VT / JMU
(03-19-2018 08:24 PM)olddawg Wrote:  
(03-19-2018 06:51 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Looks like URI Head man, Dan Hurley, is being pursued by both UConn and Pitt. Internet reports advise Hurley leans toward Storrs. Stay tuned...

And this was on top of 5 players transferring (plus another dismissed ) that were on their 2016-2017 roster. Serious issues there, but someone will accept the challenge.

Agreed, someone will take on that challenge.

Heck, if someone like Buzz Williams took on the dumpster fire that was Virginia Tech basketball, someone will definitely jump on the Pitt job.

I feel like people have been talking about it for years, but there could be a big shakeup in the ACC coaching ranks in the next few years with Coach K, Ole Boy Roy, Jimmy B and Jimmy L getting close to retirement. But who knows, all four of those guys might coach until they die.
03-20-2018 07:27 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
(03-20-2018 07:14 AM)Dukeman2 Wrote:  Any disclosure on Sanchez's comp package at UNCC?

did Dukeman just engage in discussion with this message board?
03-20-2018 09:23 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(03-20-2018 07:14 AM)Dukeman2 Wrote:  Any disclosure on Sanchez's comp package at UNCC?

Don't know, but UNCC just got a new AD. You had better believe he won't keep Lambert next year. That's been a job that concerned me in regards to Coach Houston.
03-20-2018 09:29 AM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2018 09:29 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  

Don't know, but UNCC just got a new AD. You had better believe he won't keep Lambert next year. That's been a job that concerned me in regards to Coach Houston.

Interesting. Charlotte isn't a job that concerns me at all regarding Houston being interested in. He has stated he will leave JMU for "special" destinations/opportunities (or WTTE). Can't fathom that Charlotte would be on that list. But, crazier things have happened I guess.
03-20-2018 09:35 AM
JMU_71 Offline
1st String

Penny Hardaway is in at Memphis after Tubby Smith is canned. The word I've heard is that Penny had a whole bunch of influence in the AAU scene around Memphis and was actively guiding players away from Tubby in an attempt to get him canned and possibly replace him. It's just a rumor I heard. If true though, that's a d!ck move; especially since it's your own alma mater.
03-20-2018 10:17 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2018 10:17 AM)JMU_71 Wrote:  Penny Hardaway is in at Memphis after Tubby Smith is canned. The word I've heard is that Penny had a whole bunch of influence in the AAU scene around Memphis and was actively guiding players away from Tubby in an attempt to get him canned and possibly replace him. It's just a rumor I heard. If true though, that's a d!ck move; especially since it's your own alma mater.

I know at one time PH financed one of the biggest AAU programs in the nation.
03-20-2018 10:29 AM
#YEEHAWDUKES Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
(03-20-2018 10:17 AM)JMU_71 Wrote:  Penny Hardaway is in at Memphis after Tubby Smith is canned. The word I've heard is that Penny had a whole bunch of influence in the AAU scene around Memphis and was actively guiding players away from Tubby in an attempt to get him canned and possibly replace him. It's just a rumor I heard. If true though, that's a d!ck move; especially since it's your own alma mater.

The #1 and #40 high school recruits for 2019 were coached by Penny in high school.
03-20-2018 10:49 AM
JMU_71 Offline
1st String

(03-20-2018 10:49 AM)#YEEHAWDUKES Wrote:  

The #1 and #40 high school recruits for 2019 were coached by Penny in high school.

Is one of those Anfrenee Simons? I know he played for him in AAU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-21-2018 08:36 PM
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Padgett is one and done at Louisville.
03-21-2018 10:56 PM
tribe_transfer Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-21-2018 10:56 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Padgett is one and done at Louisville.

Word on the Louisville board is that Chris Mack is the primary target. The head Xavier assistant pulled himself out of the running, presumably to see how things shake out.
03-22-2018 12:06 AM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

Word is Shaka Smart may be in play at Louisville as well. Padgett did an adequate job given the circumstances but Louisville is a school that seeks big name/high profile coaches. Some of these moves could cause a domino effect once they start to happen. If for example Smart leaves Texas then Buzz Williams may be in play there. If Larannaga retires from Miami than Frank Martin is rumored there and would Anthony Grant from Charleston be in play for the South Carolina job?
03-22-2018 06:52 AM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

Dan Hurley to UCONN
03-22-2018 06:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.