Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jay F’in’-Ann Bravo-Harriet, First Team All Academic AA!
Bookmark and Share
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Jay F’in’-Ann Bravo-Harriet, First Team All Academic AA!
http://utrockets.com/news/2018/3/12/wome...erica.aspx

Three MAC players on first team. Congrats to Jay-Ann. What an honor!
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2018 12:11 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
03-12-2018 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Jay F’in’-Ann Bravo-Harriet, First Team All Academic AA!
Congratulations to Jay-Ann. Great news.
03-12-2018 12:18 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
Congrats to Jay Ann for truly remarkable accomplishments on and off the court. I sure she has made her family and friends justifiably proud.
03-12-2018 12:27 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Great news to hear. This is always great news to get out in front of potential recruits.

I also did not know that Dana Drew was named first team academic all-American (aaA?) twice.

If you were to take a poll to name the most intelligent athlete to play sports at Toledo (has to have been a starter) - who would it be? H2O - you cannot vote for yourself.

My first pick would probably be Clint Cochrine. I know there are others that went on to be doctors, etc. - but they are not coming to mind right now.

Not sure how you can measure raw intelligence without having IQ results, etc. Even a perfect SAT or ACT score would suffice as evidence. I read not too long ago about an athlete that scored a perfect 1,600 on the SAT and another recently that had a 35 on the ACT (36 is perfect).

I know there has to be some good stories in there somewhere.
03-12-2018 01:11 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-12-2018 01:11 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Great news to hear. This is always great news to get out in front of potential recruits.

I also did not know that Dana Drew was named first team academic all-American (aaA?) twice.

If you were to take a poll to name the most intelligent athlete to play sports at Toledo (has to have been a starter) - who would it be? H2O - you cannot vote for yourself.

My first pick would probably be Clint Cochrine. I know there are others that went on to be doctors, etc. - but they are not coming to mind right now.

Not sure how you can measure raw intelligence without having IQ results, etc. Even a perfect SAT or ACT score would suffice as evidence. I read not too long ago about an athlete that scored a perfect 1,600 on the SAT and another recently that had a 35 on the ACT (36 is perfect).

Maybe Tom Nighswander. I think I was told he got 1600 on the SAT. Discus thrower and Charles Bronson look-alike back in the 1970s. Cochran and Drew have to be right up there. John Ridley was certainly successful in academia. There have been a bunch of pretty smart ones and I doubt I even make Top Ten.
03-12-2018 02:28 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-12-2018 02:28 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-12-2018 01:11 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Great news to hear. This is always great news to get out in front of potential recruits.

Maybe Tom Nighswander. I think I was told he got 1600 on the SAT. Discus thrower and Charles Bronson look-alike back in the 1970s. Cochran and Drew have to be right up there. John Ridley was certainly successful in academia. There have been a bunch of pretty smart ones and I doubt I even make Top Ten.

Ridley or Rudley? John Rudley was my favorite basketball player on that Mix era team. I still seem to remember the announcers saying he could long jump 24 feet - usually after he drove to the basket and left the ground around the free throw line for a lay-up. Seem to remember he was 5'9". True or BS on the long jump? I think John Rudley is (or was) a president of a University somewhere down South (?) Going on memory only.

if there was a John Ridley - I don't know who that is.
03-12-2018 02:42 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-12-2018 02:42 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  
(03-12-2018 02:28 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Ridley or Rudley? John Rudley was my favorite basketball player on that Mix era team. I still seem to remember the announcers saying he could long jump 24 feet - usually after he drove to the basket and left the ground around the free throw line for a lay-up. Seem to remember he was 5'9". True or BS on the long jump? I think John Rudley is (or was) a president of a University somewhere down South (?) Going on memory only.

if there was a John Ridley - I don't know who that is.

Yes, Rudley.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2018 03:52 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
03-12-2018 03:06 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Great player, great student! Congratulations!
03-12-2018 05:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.