Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA Tournament discussion
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
NCAA Tournament discussion
Another year, more of the same. Super difficult for mids to get bids. Gotta play in good tournaments and win your 1-2 chances. It is that simple. Not a lot of exciting matchups in my opinion. Does not appear mids were set up very well to make a run. CofC appears to me to have the best chance at a run.
03-12-2018 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

relaxing Offline
Water Engineer

RE: NCAA Tournament discussion
I dunno Auburn looks pretty good, unless they have injuries or something?

Leaving St Mary's out is egregious when you see the committee stretched to put in 3 ACC teams with <50 RPIs. FSU didn't even finish with a winning conference record.

I have no idea whether to be mad about leaving out those CUSA schools. The college basketball landscape has gotten weird in the past few years and I'm really not sure what to make of it anymore.
03-12-2018 11:04 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Auburn lost their interior shot blocking big man for the year and just got smoked by barely above .500 overall Alabama.
03-12-2018 12:15 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Also teams that made the tournament with losing conference records: Syracuse, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona State, Alabama
03-12-2018 12:17 PM
J.B. Offline

(03-12-2018 11:04 AM)relaxing Wrote:  I dunno Auburn looks pretty good, unless they have injuries or something?

Leaving St Mary's out is egregious when you see the committee stretched to put in 3 ACC teams with <50 RPIs. FSU didn't even finish with a winning conference record.

I have no idea whether to be mad about leaving out those CUSA schools. The college basketball landscape has gotten weird in the past few years and I'm really not sure what to make of it anymore.

As I said in some other posts, it's such a joke that it's not even worth paying attention anymore. I really wish that the mid-major conferences would just break away and start their own national tournament, and let the Power 6 teams duke it out for their own championship. While they might be leaving some money on the table, I do think that there is enough interest and would be enough viewership that a mid-major tournament could still get a large enough TV contract to make it viable. It might also help mid-majors with recruiting as well.
03-12-2018 01:53 PM
Spearsie Offline
Water Engineer

(03-12-2018 01:53 PM)J.B. Wrote:  
(03-12-2018 11:04 AM)relaxing Wrote:  I dunno Auburn looks pretty good, unless they have injuries or something?

Love that idea - mid majors get screwed every year. The level of kiss-the-ring BS is staggering!

As I said in some other posts, it's such a joke that it's not even worth paying attention anymore. I really wish that the mid-major conferences would just break away and start their own national tournament, and let the Power 6 teams duke it out for their own championship. While they might be leaving some money on the table, I do think that there is enough interest and would be enough viewership that a mid-major tournament could still get a large enough TV contract to make it viable. It might also help mid-majors with recruiting as well.
03-13-2018 09:42 AM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

And we are off! Radford wins pretty comfortably last night over LIU Brookyln. The Bonnies overcame a bad start and early big deficit to win against middle of the road UCLA. Nice win for the mids over a power conference last night. Bonnies get to play Florida next. The other 2 play in games are tonight (NC Central/Texas Southern and Syracuse/Arizona State)
03-14-2018 07:28 AM
metsox Offline
Water Engineer

03-14-2018 10:22 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Opening game was a dandy with Rhode Island winning in OT. Penn started off nicely and was up 10 but the last 4 minutes ended on a 22-5 run for Kansas
03-15-2018 01:45 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Good games going on. Penn hanging tough with Kansas and Gonzaga and UNCG in a tight one late. UNCG up 2 with minute and a half left
03-15-2018 02:30 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Not too much excitement yesterday. Loyola (Chicago) took down Coach L and Miami. Only other real upset was Arizona fell to Buffalo. So Hurley's team loses in the play in game and his former team keeps playing. Also Houston held on to win over SDSU.
03-16-2018 06:30 AM
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

Arizona losing doesn't really shock me considering that they're in the middle of this cheating controversy. Maybe they didn't spend enough to pay off the players, or didn't pay off the right players.
03-16-2018 07:34 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

(03-16-2018 07:34 AM)J.B. Wrote:  Arizona losing doesn't really shock me considering that they're in the middle of this cheating controversy. Maybe they didn't spend enough to pay off the players, or didn't pay off the right players.
Or the fact that Buffalo is damn good. At the start of the tournament they were a top 25 RPI team (even if KenPom had them in the 60's)
03-16-2018 08:06 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Anyone think there are big upsets pending today?

I think CofC has a good chance as does New Mexico State. Beyond that it seems decently bleak (maybe Texas, Marshall, Providence, Syracuse) or coin flips anyhow. For some reason I really think CofC has a nice matchup. I do not believe in Auburn at all.
03-16-2018 09:39 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Over 5 minute scoreless drought for Wichita State has this game competitive. Shockers end the drought and the are all tied up. GA St close at half against Cincy
03-16-2018 02:07 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Shockers are going to fall to Marshall.
03-16-2018 02:46 PM
Advertisement

Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Shaka Smart being Shaka Smart right now
03-16-2018 05:35 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

CofC loses a tight one. Virginia tied at half with umbc

Sent from my XT1080 using CSNbbs mobile app
03-16-2018 09:30 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Virginia with their largest deficit all season down 14 to umbc

03-16-2018 09:57 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

11 minutes to go, 45-29 umbc

03-16-2018 10:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.