Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Pulling from several different threads here.
Bookmark and Share
Born2Steel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Memphis
MyBB Pulling from several different threads here.
The AAC doesn't look much better than what we left at CUSA at the end of this season. Pulling thoughts and ideas from several separate threads I think we get to one common thread.
1. Can penny make the Tigers a national program again?
2. Adding Wichita State is great for the conference on the national stage.
3. Cincinnati needs to rep our conference deep into the NCAA Tourney.
4. Can UConn reclaim it's lost glory? (Fired Ollie)
5. The Houston athletics programs building something in football and basketball.

If we (AAC) can consistently put 3-4 teams in the NCAA tournament each year, and those teams win a game or 2 in that tournament, the AAC becomes a very relevant player in the power struggle of college basketball. Who knows where that can lead if AAC football can keep winning also. As a conference, we need basketball to be nationally recognized and to do that, we MUST use the formula other conferences use. Recruiting nationally ranked players, beat nationally ranked teams, win tournament games, and cut down nets.
03-10-2018 11:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
RE: Pulling from several different threads here.
We are in a much better football conference. Arguably UCF just won the national title. AAC basketball is down a bit. It will be back with Memphis, SMU, and UConn. Penny will build our program back to a national contender. Houston, though I will pull for them, will coog it. Cincy has the defense and talent to make a deep, deep NCAA run.
03-10-2018 11:35 AM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CUSA was/is worse
03-10-2018 11:38 AM
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-10-2018 11:38 AM)cmt Wrote:  CUSA was/is worse

Cusa 2.0 is worse. Cusa 1.0 was good, at least in basketball.
03-10-2018 11:44 AM
Born2Steel Offline
Water Engineer

(03-10-2018 11:35 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  We are in a much better football conference. Arguably UCF just won the national title. AAC basketball is down a bit. It will be back with Memphis, SMU, and UConn. Penny will build our program back to a national contender. Houston, though I will pull for them, will coog it. Cincy has the defense and talent to make a deep, deep NCAA run.

The football powers will never let us (AAC) into their 4 team club. NEVER. Not as things are now. BUT...What if the AAC football programs continue to get better and continue to beat national poll sweetheart schools on national TV? Couple that WITH our nationally relevant basketball league. (Hopefully soon) Maybe that changes the power structure enough to include the AAC as a "Power 6" conference? All I want is a chance. But I think the basketball side of this is HUGELY important.
03-10-2018 11:47 AM
Advertisement

tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
The ceiling for CUSA was/is the floor for the AAC. We have a ceiling of 5 and floor of 3 bids imo. If UCF and SMU hadn’t had all the injuries, we’d be at 4 this year. If UCONN and MEM can get it together, a floor of 4 could be the new norm
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2018 11:50 AM by tigerjamesc.)
03-10-2018 11:49 AM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(03-10-2018 11:16 AM)Born2Steel Wrote:  The AAC doesn't look much better than what we left at CUSA at the end of this season. Pulling thoughts and ideas from several separate threads I think we get to one common thread.
5. The Houston athletics programs building something in football and basketball.

If we (AAC) can consistently put 3-4 teams in the NCAA tournament each year, and those teams win a game or 2 in that tournament, the AAC becomes a very relevant player in the power struggle of college basketball. Who knows where that can lead if AAC football can keep winning also. As a conference, we need basketball to be nationally recognized and to do that, we MUST use the formula other conferences use. Recruiting nationally ranked players, beat nationally ranked teams, win tournament games, and cut down nets.

1)Yes! Penny can and will bring basketball to a National brand again. And because Memphis has a National history, although somewhat buried now.... Penny’s accolades along with his relationships:NIKE;AAU;EYBL and NBA makes this transition quicker than ANYONE else.

2) Emphatically YES! WSU has been a wonderful addition based on the successes of their B-ball program; style of play as well as having a rabid fan base that brings excitement to this league. The AAC is quickly becoming a basketball brand... Success from Memphis and UCONN would ONLY bolster that success.

3)CINCY and WSU have potential to market the AAC brand deep into the tournament.... depending on draw, don’t sleep on Houston. As @COOGS have the potential also, as it’s stated that their roster features the most elite rebounders in NCAA. If @COOGS can take down a Fav. Watch out.

4)Depends upon the coach that’s hired! I’m sure they’lol make a wise choice.

5)Houston’s commitment has definitely been impressive and a statement of what the AAC is becoming...Kudos to Aresco as well and looking forward to the next media deal and bowl contracts to come....Exciting times in the AAC!
03-10-2018 11:54 AM
Advertisement

Born2Steel Offline
Water Engineer

(03-10-2018 11:54 AM)thagr82008 Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 11:16 AM)Born2Steel Wrote:  The AAC doesn't look much better than what we left at CUSA at the end of this season. Pulling thoughts and ideas from several separate threads I think we get to one common thread.

1)Yes! Penny can and will bring basketball to a National brand again. And because Memphis has a National history, although somewhat buried now.... Penny’s accolades along with his relationships:NIKE;AAU;EYBL and NBA makes this transition quicker than ANYONE else.

2) Emphatically YES! WSU has been a wonderful addition based on the successes of their B-ball program; style of play as well as having a rabid fan base that brings excitement to this league. The AAC is quickly becoming a basketball brand... Success from Memphis and UCONN would ONLY bolster that success.

3)CINCY and WSU have potential to market the AAC brand deep into the tournament.... depending on draw, don’t sleep on Houston. As @COOGS have the potential also, as it’s stated that their roster features the most elite rebounders in NCAA. If @COOGS can take down a Fav. Watch out.

4)Depends upon the coach that’s hired! I’m sure they’lol make a wise choice.

5)Houston’s commitment has definitely been impressive and a statement of what the AAC is becoming...Kudos to Aresco as well and looking forward to the next media deal and bowl contracts to come....Exciting times in the AAC!

Agree completely. 100%.
03-10-2018 02:20 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
?
AAC > CUSA.

Period.
03-10-2018 03:01 PM
Advertisement

Born2Steel Offline
Water Engineer

(03-10-2018 11:49 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  The ceiling for CUSA was/is the floor for the AAC. We have a ceiling of 5 and floor of 3 bids imo. If UCF and SMU hadn’t had all the injuries, we’d be at 4 this year. If UCONN and MEM can get it together, a floor of 4 could be the new norm

Agree.
03-10-2018 03:08 PM
Born2Steel Offline
Water Engineer

(03-10-2018 03:01 PM)Mimi Wrote:  ?
AAC > CUSA.

Period.

Not sure you read the whole thing.....
03-10-2018 03:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.