Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Awards Are Out
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
MAC Awards Are Out
Congrats to JT4, Bond, Minnie, and Jackson.

http://emueagles.com/news/2018/3/5/mens-...m-mac.aspx
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2018 02:17 PM by emu steve.)
03-05-2018 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FrankAnderson Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: MAC Awards Are Out
Congrats to all! Thompson is the first EMU first-teamer since 2005. Wow.
03-05-2018 02:44 PM
KPJ Offline
1st String

Tre’Shaun Fletcher, Sr., G, Toledo
C.J. Massinburg, Jr., G, Buffalo
Nick Perkins, Jr., F, Buffalo
James Thompson IV, Jr., F/C, Eastern Michigan
Thomas Wilder, Sr., G, Western Michigan

^^^^ So we can assume one of these five is the CPOY.
Who would you pick?
03-05-2018 02:53 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Minnie didn't make first team all-defense, despite being top 7 in both blocks AND steals. Lol. Thompson made great strides defensively this season, but Minnie was more deserving, in my opinion. Honestly, all three should have made it, but we knew that wouldn't happen.
03-05-2018 03:38 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(03-05-2018 02:53 PM)KPJ Wrote:  Tre’Shaun Fletcher, Sr., G, Toledo
C.J. Massinburg, Jr., G, Buffalo
Nick Perkins, Jr., F, Buffalo
James Thompson IV, Jr., F/C, Eastern Michigan
Thomas Wilder, Sr., G, Western Michigan

^^^^ So we can assume one of these five is the CPOY.
Who would you pick?

It'll probably be Fletcher, he had a monster year, statistically. Massinburg was pretty awesome as well.
03-05-2018 03:41 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Actually I bet Minnie and Paul Jackson feel slighted they didn't get higher honors. I really felt Minnie should have made 2 nd team all MAC. Hopefully this slight adds another chip on their shoulders and they use this as motivation.

I am expecting Minnie to land on the all MAC tournament team.
03-05-2018 04:45 PM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(03-05-2018 04:45 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Actually I bet Minnie and Paul Jackson feel slighted they didn't get higher honors. I really felt Minnie should have made 2 nd team all MAC. Hopefully this slight adds another chip on their shoulders and they use this as motivation.

Agreed, at least in regards to Minnie. I think what hurt him was his uneven start the conference season. He disappeared in a few games, and that really hurt his numbers. After that first WMU game (his worst of the season), he really flipped the switch and played like a stud. I'm more annoyed that he didn't make All-Defense, where his numbers speak for themselves.

Jackson is right where he should be, I think. Hopefully he continues his solid play into the MAC Tourney and beyond, because we will be a formidable team with high expectations if everyone returns next season.
03-05-2018 05:10 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(03-05-2018 05:10 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  
(03-05-2018 04:45 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Actually I bet Minnie and Paul Jackson feel slighted they didn't get higher honors. I really felt Minnie should have made 2 nd team all MAC. Hopefully this slight adds another chip on their shoulders and they use this as motivation.

Agreed, at least in regards to Minnie. I think what hurt him was his uneven start the conference season. He disappeared in a few games, and that really hurt his numbers. After that first WMU game (his worst of the season), he really flipped the switch and played like a stud. I'm more annoyed that he didn't make All-Defense, where his numbers speak for themselves.

Jackson is right where he should be, I think. Hopefully he continues his solid play into the MAC Tourney and beyond, because we will be a formidable team with high expectations if everyone returns next season.

Totally agree about Minnie and I think Moses from Ball State got the shaft as well. All Conference teams were originally designed to be "teams" that would be the best you could put on the floor. 7 guards on the first two teams and 4 on the second team? I realize these guys had some pretty good years but to me the second team is not a "team" of all star quality. It would not finish .500 in the MAC because it could not defend inside or rebound.

Brogan Roback had a good year and using the same selection criteria that basketball does, he and possibly two other quarterbacks deserve MAC first team honors. Of course it would be ridiculous to have multiple quarterbacks on the first team just as it is to have more than three guards on a basketball team.

Oh and bye the way Sanford was found wanting defensively last Friday night with the game on the line and guarding Paul Jackson. Three point shooting is important but it seems to trump defense and rebounding with respect to all star selections. Rant over.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2018 06:42 PM by Jerry Weaver.)
03-05-2018 06:34 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

Thanks for sharing, Steve.

Congratulations to Thompson, Bond, Minnie, and Jackson!! Well deserved!!

I agree, clearly Minnie got slighted- but I understand Sam’s explanation of the matter. What is less clear to everyone, is that Tim Bond is should have received AT LEAST honorable mention for All-MAC as well. He does everything, not just the defense and scrapping that he is unbelievable at. But also scoring at high efficiency in general, scoring even better in critical junctions of the game, and his assists are probably better than Jackson’s if only he had the ball as much.

Interesting that Buffalo has 2 all-Mac players, 1 second team, 1 3rd team, and 1 all defense. All 5 are different players- how talented is that team?!?!?!
03-05-2018 06:54 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(03-05-2018 06:54 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  Thanks for sharing, Steve.

Congratulations to Thompson, Bond, Minnie, and Jackson!! Well deserved!!

I agree, clearly Minnie got slighted- but I understand Sam’s explanation of the matter. What is less clear to everyone, is that Tim Bond is should have received AT LEAST honorable mention for All-MAC as well. He does everything, not just the defense and scrapping that he is unbelievable at. But also scoring at high efficiency in general, scoring even better in critical junctions of the game, and his assists are probably better than Jackson’s if only he had the ball as much.

Interesting that Buffalo has 2 all-Mac players, 1 second team, 1 3rd team, and 1 all defense. All 5 are different players- how talented is that team?!?!?!

Ramy Buffalo has SCARY talent! The ex-Romulus High coach can recruit like nobody else in the MAC. Bobbie Hurley saw it, hired him and rode his recruiting skills all the way to Arizona State.

Actually I think that Buffalo underachieved this year in a big way. It's kind of funny but I think a true tactical coach like Jim Boone would have led them to an undefeated season and a NCAA bid regardless of MAC tourney results.
03-05-2018 07:17 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Tim Bond gets DPOY!
03-06-2018 02:02 PM
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear EagleSam,
Thanks for the information. Good for Tim! He is certainly deserving of that honor.
03-06-2018 02:04 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

Awesome for Tim. I love when a high character guy gets rewarded for his athletic ability.
03-06-2018 02:39 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

The women got 2 aswell minott 3rd team and Louis honorable mention and freshmen honors.
03-06-2018 02:44 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Great job Tim Bond!!!
03-06-2018 02:47 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(03-06-2018 02:02 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Tim Bond gets DPOY!

Odd I don't recall Hart getting these type if honors but yes congrats to Tim who does alot of things on the court very well a true impact player
03-07-2018 04:55 AM
Advertisement

FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Fletcher is POTY.

Oats is COTY.
03-07-2018 10:14 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(03-07-2018 04:55 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 02:02 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Tim Bond gets DPOY!

Odd I don't recall Hart getting these type if honors but yes congrats to Tim who does alot of things on the court very well a true impact player

Didn't Hart last only 1 1/2 seasons???
03-07-2018 10:37 AM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

Surprised Murphy finished 3rd in COY, with 3 first place votes.
03-07-2018 10:56 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(03-07-2018 10:56 AM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  Surprised Murphy finished 3rd in COY, with 3 first place votes.

I'm not, if mostly for the lack of other quality candidates this season. Owens looked like a great choice before Miami lost 6 of their last 8 conference games, which isn't unexpected for such a young team. Whitford also did a good job, but BSU choked it up against two of the worst teams in the conference to finish the season (and somehow backed into a bye).

Really, the only two guys that I'd rate ahead of Murphy were the two that finished above him in the standings: Kowalczyk and Oats. Murphy was very disappointing to start conference play, but a lot of that was offset, if not erased, by our torrid finish against the toughest part of the schedule. He deserves credit for winning the tough games and putting us in good position to win the conference tournament, which is what garners the first place votes.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 11:22 AM by EagleSam.)
03-07-2018 11:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.